[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a person who is bad by default does something good, does that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: Sutoresu.jpg (47 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
Sutoresu.jpg
47 KB, 500x242
If a person who is bad by default does something good, does that make the person good?

If a person that is bad by default does not do something bad, does that make that person good?

More importantly, if a person who is bad by default, realizing he's a threat to anyone in his immediate surrounding, deliberately isolates himself from society, thus voluntarily withdrawing himself from life, does that nullify the fact that the person is, by default, bad?

Be honest. I don't want to be comforted, I want to know what normal people would really think.
>>
File: 1451335425307.jpg (43 KB, 479x371) Image search: [Google]
1451335425307.jpg
43 KB, 479x371
>>be honest

You're a faggot op.

Also, there's no such thing as inherently bad or good people, there's just the shit you do. Actions are what matters, and no one of them wipes out another.
>>
>>16999383
>there's no such thing as inherently bad or good people
>actions are what matters

This goes under the pressumption that people make decisions at all times instead of being influenced by the way they are.

Some people simply have short temper and are selfish, while others are calm and kind.

Which is to say, the course of action of different people can be completely predictable based on their past behaviours, thus confirming the thesis that the future is, somehow, fate. Therefore, being bad and good can be said to be inheritly inherited traits.

>you're a faggot

Keep in mind I never said I'm the given person when making your reply.
>>
File: skyrim_paarthurnax.png (448 KB, 1024x379) Image search: [Google]
skyrim_paarthurnax.png
448 KB, 1024x379
>>16999373
good and bad are subjective qualities, perceived by those you are associated with. there are those who are more asocial and those who are more prosocial based on their intrinsic motivations (which could be instinct or conscious decision).

how you act is ultimately your choice, though you may find it more difficult to perform good acts when driven by asocial motivations. the real question is: what do you want? is this to do with your sense of self worth or do you think such things have a greater meaning in life?
>>
Let's assign negative numbers to negative actions, positive numbers to positive actions, and cero to neutral actions.

>If a person who is bad by default does something good, does that make the person good?

-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 +1 = -6

If you made a lot of bad actions and a few good actions, people will consider you a bad person.

>If a person that is bad by default does not do something bad, does that make that person good?

-6 +0 = -6

You did nothing to redeem your self, so you still can be considered as a bad person.

>if a person who is bad by default, realizing he's a threat to anyone in his immediate surrounding, deliberately isolates himself from society, thus voluntarily withdrawing himself from life, does that nullify the fact that the person is, by default, bad?

-6 +0 = -6

As before, isolation will not make you a good or bad person.

If you want redemption for your bad actions, try to apologize to people how suffered from your bad actions, and make good actions to help others, and make them understand you really changed.
>>
>>16999373
If a person you know as bad acts in a good way, you stop and re-evaluate. It might be enough, it might not, depending on other factors.
Same for a person you know as good, that acts badly.
This is not about who they are, and if they've changed somehow, only they (or maybe not even them) can know that, but it's about your own judgements. You can re-evaluate those.
>>
>>16999406
>What do you want?
I don't know.
I'm mentally troubled and I'm not sure how to fulfill my emotional needs.
In other words, I don't know what I need to make myself happy.
Despite that, I would like to be a hikikomori though.
Since life has become so lifeless, hedonism and escapism seem to be the only good ways to handle this.
>>
File: hi-yo-silver.jpg (37 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
hi-yo-silver.jpg
37 KB, 460x613
>>16999420
it bothers you that life is lifeless though. does that imply you wish for a 'lifeful' life?

also, happiness is a transient state, not a persistent trait. one can lead a life in which moments of happiness are more frequent, but not a consistently happy life. this is because one must have been something other than happy precedent to a state of happiness in order to be happy by comparison.

I would suggest exploring life more. Take risks, earn money and exercise your anxieties within reason. You can only be pleasantly surprised in the wake of uncertain circumstances.
>>
>>16999420
What did you did in the past to take you to that conclusion?
>>
>>16999441
>>16999441

>it bothers you that life is lifeless though. does that imply you wish for a 'lifeful' life?

Yes, but not pricesely.
I wish I knew of some sort of strict moral code, an absolute truth, a guideline to life and follow with, that was the one and only truth in life, and there would be no way for it to be wrong.
I've thought of religion and some other things but the last bit of the past sentence is a big, important boulder to overcome.

Then again, I'm mentally troubled and I don't know if I know what I really want.

Perhaps deep inside I'd just like to be a hiki.

>>16999445
What conclusion?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.