[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to move out of my city. I live in niggerville Louisiana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I want to move out of my city. I live in niggerville Louisiana and I want to move way north, like to North Dakota or Michigan. How feasible is this? Has any anon moved cross-country before?

I have a fair amount of money saved up for an apartment, but I don't know to actually execute the process without fucking up somehow--e.g moving all my shit there soundly, temporary stays until I am in my apartment, etc. Any /adv/?
>>
>>16998292

>is it feasible to move

yes, people do tihs every day. how is this a question?

unfortunately we dont know your exact finances so we cant tell you. most people recommend having 6 months of finances saved up on top of moving costs.

as for moving your stuff, how important is it? most single people pack only what can fit in their car, and sell the rest / buy new furniture when they get there. if that is not an option just start googling for moving companies that can transfer the stuff for you, OR, if you dont need to move THAT much stuff, rent a uhaul.

gauge how much you want / need to bring and go from there.

so heres a fun thing, north dakota is literally less than 800 thousand people in the state. compare that to michigan which has about 9.9 million.

population is kind of something to consider. from what i gather north dakota is a lot more rural, its a seires of small towns and i think a hell of a lot of farms. it seems to have a low unemployment rate, but that doesnt mean its good for someone new. small populations are all a 'its about hwo you know' kind of place. a large amount of that employment rate is also probably family run farms.

it might be REALLY hard to actually find an apartment here. i mean you'd find it, but its not like other states where the apartment sare a dime a dozen and are located iwth an influx of jobs

michigans a bigger population in about the same sie, little smaller land wise, so its economy is actually like everyhwere else, as in, its based on serving the people in the aera, as opposed to creating a big export for the restof the country like most small towns rely on.

what do you look for in a new place?
>>
>>16998318

:

>>16998316
>>
>>16998316
>a large amount of that employment rate is also probably family run farms.

very good point. I'm mainly just looking to experience a new place because I've lived in LA my entire life--awful weather, high crime rate, and shitty scenery. I'm not really looking for anything special in a new place, it doesn't have to be too great--just a new area with job prosperity preferably, which as you noted Michigan would be a lot better. I appreciate your 2 cents.
>>
If you are planning on moving to Michigan please stray away from negativity. The cost of living here isnt too bad, the water is FINE outside Flint, and it's not a giant Detroit. There are nice towns to live in. The only thing that is true is the roads are the worst in the US which isnt an economy thing but the weather. Michigan can be snowing one day, sunny and hot the next day and raining the next day. Water gets into the cracks and freezes which causes the cracks to expand, melts, gets deeper into the cracks and freezes again so Michigan roads will be shitty no matter what the state does to fix it.
>>
>>16998292
yeah but i'll just advise you that moving across the country by yourself can be a very lonely endeavor. I live in minnesota, and the people here are as friendly as they come, but making friends as an adult is difficult, so while people will be friendly towards you, don't expect them to ask you to hangout (at least right away) friend groups are solidified in middle school and high school it seems around the midwest
>>
>>16998351

michigan isnt necessary better. north dakotas unemployment rate is 3.2. michigan is 7.1 and thats a lot of competition.

truth is there is no real right answer though.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.