[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musical rut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: wp_ss_20160306_0007.png (345 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160306_0007.png
345 KB, 540x960
I'm not enjoying music much at the moment due to taking a music course at college and am in my third year.

I am having a hard time writing riffs on guitar and when I do I then have the problem of not knowing where to go next.

Any suggestions on how to enjoy music again?

I have been suggested taking a break from guitar and generally listening to music and going for a long walk. Thoughts on this?
>>
I get brain farts when it comes to writing riffs sometimes they usually come to me when I'm showering or just enjoying some free time doing nothing at all. Usually whenever it's most inconvenient to write them down, I think it's oral when you are always pushing so much music in to get something out of yourself.
>that picture triggers hard cause there's kids out there that would believe that if the date wasn't farfetched.
>>
>>16997668
What do you mean you think it's oral?

And thanks for reply, I thought everyone was just here for the beta struggles
>>
>>16997480
What kind of music do you normally listen to?
>>
>>16997690
Metal, rock, classical, some blues anything I happen to enjoy I'm not much of an elitist
>>
That happens to me as well. Inspiration comes and go. Forcing it will only make you hate whatever you come up with
>>
>>16997480
Only listen to noise music for a while. You'll find inspiration when you stop looking for it in everything you hear.

I recommend Ejaculation Generator by Masonna.
>>
Get a recorder or use your phone. When an idea pops up hum/play it to your recorder and listen them later and see if you can bridge different ideas and riffs together.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.