[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving On
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1458619691183.jpg (65 KB, 1024x711) Image search: [Google]
1458619691183.jpg
65 KB, 1024x711
Is moving on relatively fast after a breakup a good idea?

My gf of two years broke up with me two days ago in a really terrible manner (which she now regrets).

So while I was drinking at a friends place I messaged this girl I had a crush on two years ago. She seems to be super into me and I'm pretty into her.

And honestly the only lingering feeling I have as far as I can tell is "slightly pissed off"

So should I pursue this now, or give myself a little more time?
>>
At least in my mind, the danger of moving on too quickly is that there's this internal competition between your new "relationship" (or whatever) and your old one. That just drags out how long you stay hung up on your ex.

If you're the kind of person who can put the past behind you then it's fine.
>>
>>16996723
Two days is not enough time. By all means go see this girl but don't take things too fast if you think you really like her.

Also sauce pls
>>
>>16996728
I'm a very "never look behind you" type of person.

The only thing I am concerned about is that my ex has some stuff I can't get back for a few weeks.

I just want my stuff back and for it to be over.
>>
>>16996733
I like her enough, I think slow sounds relaxing at this point
>>
>>16996734
Even if you start seeing that girl today, you shouldn't be so deeply involved in three weeks' time that your ex needs to hear about it. I don't think this is a danger specific to rebounds but just a general precaution for romance: don't rush. It's nice that you're pretty into her but that's not a basis for diving head-first into a committed relationship with her. Take a while to simply spend time with one another.
>>
>>16996747
Oh jesus no.

I really don't even want to think about another relationship.

I was more asking if it would be wise to go on a date this soon.
>>
>>16996739
Go for it man, but don't let her become a rebound. My biggest regret to date is being in your position 5 years ago, and letting her become a rebound. Broke things off and went back to previous gf, got shitty fast, other girl has turned into an amazing woman I would marry at this point. Good luck m8
>>
>>16996759
Thanks for the insight dude.
My ex did not prioritise me, so if I prioritised her over someone who placed me first, I wouldn't be able to respect myself.
>>
Is she better looking than your ex?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.