[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do about a clingy gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
What do I do about a clingy gf
>>
>>16996377
Pass her off to a more deserving guy?
Most guys would kill for a gf and moreso for a clingy one id reckon
There, i solved your problem. Do i get a reward?
>>
File: 1405366256829 copy.jpg (41 KB, 960x723) Image search: [Google]
1405366256829 copy.jpg
41 KB, 960x723
enjoy having a gf in the first place you piece of shit and stop complaining
>>
Let her take care of you, it's what she wants to do.
Have her over to cook and vent all your emotions to her and enjoy your bang-maid
>>
I would kill for a clingy gf. Either quit yer bitchin or dump her so I can take her
>>
>>16996377
I wish I had a clingy girlfriend
>>
Be sweet as possible to her and have a fulfilling relationship
>>
File: 1395138963915.png (45 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1395138963915.png
45 KB, 500x461
>>16996397
this
>>
>>16996377
>>16996392
>>16996417
>>16996455

I have a severely clingy gf too like OP. it's good to feel validated but 60 missed calls when you stay out few hours longer than expected or suicide threats when you want to stop talking to her and focus on your life for the shortest of time gets old. The worst thing is clingy girls are always desperate for attention and guaranteed if you ignore them for just that little bit too long they'll go and seek that elsewhere in an unhealthy way despite clinging for you. then they'll come back twice as clingy. It sounds good to r9k dwellers but it gets old fast. Grass is always greener on the other side.
>>
Clingy girlfriend reporting.

Luckily I know for a fact that I'm clingy and super affectionate, so I control myself so it does not get out of hand. Empathy and respect also ties into self control.
>empathy
Try to get a sense of how my boyfriend is feeling. Am I crowding him? Could he simply want time alone? Does he just want to be with me? I try to gauge his needs or feelings and adjust my clinginess appropriately.

>respect
Nobody likes to have a partner that drains them. If he wants time alone I can respect that even though I just want to hug 24/7.

It is an ongoing effort. Yes it is hard. But opie help your girlfriend to learn some self control and respect for you. She's probably an attention whore like me.

Unfortunately even if you give her all the attentions, like me she still may want more and more of you. Don't know a fix here. If she's empathetic and understanding try to talk to her about it.
>>
File: 1459736240815.png (125 KB, 299x290) Image search: [Google]
1459736240815.png
125 KB, 299x290
>>16996392
>>16996455
>>16996417
I too was one of those guys who wanted to go out with someone who was clingy. I yearned for someone to obsess over me, always wanting to make sure I was okay. Heck, now that I think about it, if this behavior was toned down a notch then the thought is still appealing.

But man. The clingy person I dated was stalker levels of creepy. It was okay at first, it made me feel happy they liked me so much, but if I wanted just a little bit of time to myself, I got called abusive, because they "needed me". They wanted me to get rid of all my friends so I could focus on them nonstop, and they were constantly checking my social media, so if I forgot to reply to a text and was tweeting at the same time, suddenly I was an redeemable monster.

Be careful what you wish for.
>>
File: 1431645257376.jpg (106 KB, 512x426) Image search: [Google]
1431645257376.jpg
106 KB, 512x426
>>16996826
now see that shit's disrespectful. Ironically if she calls you abusive for wanting time alone, that is abusive itself
>>
File: tumblr_mjbanyZMoM1qg4mclo2_500.gif (1014 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjbanyZMoM1qg4mclo2_500.gif
1014 KB, 500x289
>>16996377
Put your fucking foot down and tell her to back the fuck off and you need some space. Don't hint at things, tell her straight up that you want to play games/hang with some friends/go out for a walk/whatever.

Your human, you need space away from certain people and you need time to yourself. Telling her ahead of time can help a lot, like 'hey at 4 I'm going to go hang out with my friend-insert name-. I'm leaving my phone here because I don't want to be interrupted.'

Then, if they end up calling your friend, call them out on their bullshit and say it's really fucking rude considering it wasn't an emergency.

Just basically be firm and fair and don't put up with their crap. You aren't responsible for most of their feelings.
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 524x422) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10 KB, 524x422
time for no [you]s, haha!
>5'7/140lbs at age 26
>born with mild-to-wild autism/cerebral palsy [so weak as a middleschool female]
>shutin neet since 2010
>500usd a month
>no car
>no females in kentucky
>not allowed to have irl friends until i move out because of me mom will say 'you do not know those people. stranger danger.'
>all irl friends are dead
>barely any online friends because no-one wants to be around someone with autism in the current year
>have a size fetish so smaller the better for me [i visit /d/ and /aco/ for the giantess threads]
>am from r9k so you know... tendies and all that.
>online for about 16hours but could be on for more like i leave skype running all the time and no-one IMs/calls me
>been single since 07
>had sex once but did not cum
>>
>>16996377
Don't spend too much time with her. At first she will seem clingy but then when you give in, you'll be unappreciative of you and will turn to fuck other guys.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.