[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Authority at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (127 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
127 KB, 960x960
How do I get more authority at my job in confrontation with women much older than me?

I'm a project manager and have to get the operators to do some measurements for me. With the male operators it's not a problem, they just do what I ask them to. But with a certain group of female operators I'm having trouble. I asked them to measure 20 samples per day and they only measured fucking 5 today. Lazy bitches.

Why do the male operators listen to me and do what I say but the bitches don't? I honestly have no idea. The males just do their job and extra stuff that I ask of them they don't mind (it doesn't even take long) but the women are just lazy as hell.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Just start building the paper trail. Contact them every day that they fall short with
- what they were supposed to do
- what they actually did
- a reminder of how to do the work
- an offer to provide clarification and answer any questions
- a summary of what's expected of them going forward

This basically ends in termination, but they think they're protected by threat of sexual discrimination. The paper trail shits all over that.
>>
>I asked you to measure 20 samples. Do you have the other 15?

There ya go.
>>
I'm interested in project manager jobs. Would you mind telling me what it's like, do you like it, etc? Maybe with an email I could use or some such?
>>
>>16996060
Bring them in one at a time and chew some ass, preferably with Bossman there

Something along the lines of "You must have lost your minds putzing around with my timelines, you are fucking up the entire process and making Bossman annoyed, YOU ARE THE ISSUE AND YOU WILL NOT LIKE WHAT I DO TO RESOLVE IT."

You're a manager, you ARE the authority of your boss
>>
Honestly you'll probably get better results by getting on their good side, rather than throwing the book at them.
>>
>>16996060

Just seriously try to find out what the issue is. That really seems to be a stark difference. I remember a case that was similar to this one where a club owner got pissed off about the girls working at the bar, how they'd all do a bad job. And in the end by interviewing them and calling other girls that quit the position before and reviewing surveillance tapes he found out that basically all of them were sexually harassed in the workplace.

While that's of course an extreme scenario, my first instinct would not to think that someone is just "lazy" (especially with such an extreme discrepancy) but give the situation the benefit of the doubt and try to find out if there is anything actually negatively influencing their work and their productivity.
>>
>>16996689
>>16996271
These. You're a shit leader if your first instinct is to yell at someone or unreasonably assume that an unrelated trait is the cause of the problem. A good leader would find out what the problem is, and try to help solve it. They're called interpersonal skills, and you won't get much higher without them.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.