[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what mixture of age and experience should you know what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: depression-quiz-promo.jpg (53 KB, 470x305) Image search: [Google]
depression-quiz-promo.jpg
53 KB, 470x305
At what mixture of age and experience should you know what you enjoy in life and what you want to do?
>>
Early 20s, after at least a couple years of fully independent living.
>>
>>16996064
What if I'm past that?
>>
>>16996078

then you have to play a little catch up, but there is no physical limit to when you cant learn waht you enjoy.
>>
>>16996078
Then you're falling behind and you should do something about it. I recommend picking a role model and following in their footsteps.
>>
>>16996082
>>16996083
I'm turning 25. Joined college late but graduating this year. Live on my own.

Been battling depression forever and I don't know if that's the cause. I still don't know if I enjoy anything. You name it, I've tried it. Anytime I bring it up with my therapist, she laughs and says not to worry about it.
>>
>>16996100

>you name it ive tried it

did you draw your own comic? make your own video game? finish making a movie? finish making a book? Are you sitting on a chair you've built? do you have your pwn painting hanging on the wall? did you produce an audio play? have you mastered surfing? can you actually go down a half pipe on your skateboard? how many flips can you do on a balance beam? Are your pecs impressive? did you produce a history podcast? when was the last time you went swimming with sharks? Which action figure of your own creation is your favorite? please link me to that song you wrote. whats your high score in lasertag? how many weddings have you crashed? how well is your original cake recipe selling? omit discendi linguam mortuam non fecistis? how was that year doing habitat for humanity? of all the countries you've backpacked through, which is your favorite? whats your favorite yoga pose? how many goals did you score in (insert XX sport here) in the last year? did you at least experiment with your sexuality just once?

you are shit and your therapist is shit. get a new therapist, try new things.
>>
>>16996120
>>16996100

and to clarify, no, it doesnt count as 'trying' if you only put in a week of work and gave up
>>
>>16996120
Not OP here, but what if all the things you listed there sound futile to me. Nothing excites me and I see no worth in doing anything as life is pointless and we all die one way or another.
>>
We all die. that's the fucking point. We didn't decide to born but we can decide what to do next. Even our own death.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.