[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today me and my girlfriend almost got mugged. Two guys came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1447602153947.jpg (425 KB, 1550x864) Image search: [Google]
1447602153947.jpg
425 KB, 1550x864
Today me and my girlfriend almost got mugged.

Two guys came over to us and asked for the time. Told them the time and wanted to move away, but then they asked for some spare change and we declined. Tried moving away again, but they blocked our path and insisted we give them our wallets and everything else in our pockets. One was going in to grab me, but I panicked and punched him in the nose and hit the other guy in the neck as hard as I could. Then we ran from them.

Should I report this to the police? should we be afraid to go through the place in fear of retribution? It happened during the day, but in an alleyway of sorts, but they did get a good look at our faces. We both go through there every day, since it's the shortest path back home after uni.
>>
>>16995928
Yes, go to the police.

Luckily from the sound of it, it was probably their first time trying to rob someone like that.
>>
>>16995935
They seemed to be intoxicated, since it was hard to understand what they were saying and they reeked of alcohol. Since i'm almost sure I would of gotten shanked if they were "pros".
>>
>>16995939
Believe it or not, most people aren't willing to severely hurt someone (and risk killing them) for an unknown amount of money. Honestly if they were "pros", they wouldn't do it during the day either way, let alone targeting 2 people.

If you do go to the police, include that they seemed to be intoxicated.
>>
Funny story I once mugged a guy for his wallet but he fought back, viciously. I was able to beat him without using my knife but it looked pretty dire. When I got his wallet he had twenty fucking bucks in there, couldn't believe that one. When I asked him why the fuck he fought so hard over a measly $20 he said he thought I was after the 2 grand in his backpack.
>>
>>16995928
Piick a different route. Youve been marked
Nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>16995939
You should've beaten the shit out of both of them. Unless you're small or I'm misjudging.
>>
>>16995928

And this is why I conceal carry.

If they tried coming at me, they'd be laying on the ground in a pool of their blood.
>>
>>16996534
>Killing multiple people over pocket change

Have fun in prison.
>>
File: george-zimmerman-laughing.jpg (27 KB, 540x375) Image search: [Google]
george-zimmerman-laughing.jpg
27 KB, 540x375
>>16996551
>going to prison for killing niggers
>>
>>16996582
>implying all muggers are black
>>
>>16996551
>going to prison for shooting someone in self defense who is trying to rob you

I don't think so Tim. It would be quite justified to have shot those guys instead of punching them. Some people such as myself are defenseless in a physical fight and have no choice but to submit or shoot them. The law is at the side of the person being attacked here, even if they're a big burly bodybuilder man rather than a skinny girl who weighs 100 pounds soaking wet.
>>
>>16996634
>>16996582
>I have no idea what a "duty to retreat" is
>I don't understand that intimidation with a weapon or firearm is illegal
>I didn't know most states only allow self defense shootings in the case of armed robbery, rape or murder, and even then you can still be convicted as there are plenty of cases where an obviously justified self defense shooter was convicted

Enjoy prison.
>>
>>16996551
>>16996661

Why do these posts reek like criminals trying to hide behind the law?

>dont defend yourself faggot or you'll go to jail, now gimme your money

Fucking shoot on sight, there is a risk of going to jail but at a minimum guarantee you'll make the world a better place.
>>
>>16996670
>>>/pol
is that way
>>
Just move on. Nothing turns a bad situation worse than the police. The police are fucked in this country-you really don't want to get involved with them.
>>
>>16995928
Glad you're safe, and your gf first of all.

You made the right decision, although a bit of luck played a role.

Do not go down alleyways. Ever. I don't care how safe they look. They are where you set up for grunt work like what you encountered.
>>
>>16996661

I'd rather be in prison than take a chance and hope that Tyrone and Jamal or merciful.

Have fun watching them rape your woman in front of your eyes, faggot.
>>
>>16996681

Seconding this, just don't go there again. Definitely not worth the risk.
>>
>>16995973
Kys
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 960x576
>>16995928
It's time for both of you to start carrying. I don't want to freak you out, but if they know your faces they might start targeting the both of you.

Keep your girl safe
>>
>>16996679
Now this I can agree with.
>>
They should sell a device which looks like a wallet but is actually a pepper spray with a phone camera. Then you can pretend to give up your money, spray the criminal, click to take a picture and move away. The fact that their face is digitally recorded should be a strong psychological deterrent to escalate the situation any further.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.