[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How and where to find new friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (120 KB, 350x223) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120 KB, 350x223
I asked this before and the thread died quick with one half assed reply

I have these friends for about a year. They never call me, text me, include me in their group convos, or anything at all. They do interact with me from time to time on Facebook

I was told to find new friends. How in the world I can do that when I'm already out of college? Bars don't help. People in my gym aren't up to chatting with strangers. Coffee shops have people that often don't want to be bothered

I'm already doing my own thing. I just don't have friends to truly call them friends. The kind that actually care about you and want to talk to you
>>
>>16995923
Fucking bump

Please guys
>>
>>16995923
>find new friends
it is harder once you get out of school, and it's not always possible to make friends at work, but here are other ways:
meetup.com
volunteer work
community ed classes
taking up a new hobby for which there is a local club or association, then joining that club
joining a church, meditation group, etc.

>The kind that actually care about you and want to talk to you
just remember that it takes an equal amount of effort on your part as on theirs, and you'll be fine. also remember that it can't be forced. for every group of people you meet, you will make several acquaintances, a casual friend or two, and possibly a close friend if you continue to keep in touch regularly.
>>
>I'm already doing my own thing.
Talk to the people who are at those things too. If, as with the gym, that's difficult then do new things. Keep trying things. Use sites like Meetup for ideas and groups.

When you make new friends, you should also change this overemphasis on "call ME, text ME, include ME." Be the leader. You call them, you text them, you decide who does and does not get included. Make the plans yourself.
>>
>>16995923

first and foremost
>people in the gy marent up to chatting with strangers
>coffee shops have people that often dont want to be bothered.

keyword, often. you cannot stop doing something just cuz 99% of the people arent interested. if that was the case every business would fail. you approach people, strike up conversation, if they arent interested you move on. you arent being judged by the number of people who mind their own business.

I've made friends at the gym. ive made friends on the bus. just by saying 'hi whatsup'. but it doesnt ALWAYS have to lead to a friendship. so keep putting yourself out there. anyone who says 'WHO IS THAT WEIRD GUY WHO KEEPS ASKING PEOPLE HOW THEIR DAY IS GOING WHY WOULD HE DO THAT ITS SO STUPID GAWEDDDD' isnt worth worrying about, if anything you should be the one laughing at them.

that being said, the best way to make friends is to externalize your hobbies, enjoy them in ways that social

>BUT ANON IM AN INTROVERY ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SOMEHOW FIND A WAY TO TALK TO EPOPLE ABOUT BOOKS

no. list whatever your hobbies are and i guarantee you there is a way to go meet strangers with it.

mostly its
>hanging out at shops that cater (or even just aisles) and striking up conversations with people who frequent there.
>asking said shops about events they host. most places dont make enough money on sales alone so have events that people attend, anything from classes, to a low key famous person, to just a group participating. if they dont host an event, offer to host one through them. its more money for them and all they have to do is put a sign up in their store advertising the when and wehre
>and of course, meetup.com no matter what your interests, there is a group there, and if not YOU CAN MAKE ONE.

if your first thought is
'UGH THAT DOESNT SOUND LIKE IT WOULD WORK' then you dont actually want advice you just want to talk about how hard life is.
>>
>>16996030

so much this. people will be on the fence about you until you make it clear you wanna hang out with them. be the instigator, the planner, etc. and they will make it known if they want to hang with you.
>>
>>16996030
also this. plus, you may want or need to create your own opportunities to meet people. if you're interested in a hobby and there isn't a group in your area, start one.
>>
>>16996024
>just remember that it takes an equal amount of effort on your part as on theirs, and you'll be fine. also remember that it can't be forced
If a girl told the main head of the friends group to exclude you from the convo, why would you think that would be?

Assuming you weren't a sperg and don't like her and basing this off your instincts rather than paranoia
>>
>>16995923
meetup.com
couchsurfing.com
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.