[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I build discipline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1452929984671.png (417 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1452929984671.png
417 KB, 800x480
How do I build discipline?
>>
I can't help you OP but I'm just bumping because I'm in the same boat.

I've worn down what discipline I had to the point where even being productive for half an hour a day is an immense struggle.
>>
>>16995846
Same boat here,

Its hard but most important part is yourself.

There are audio books about this or other informatioin. Altouh i havent had the disicpline to do it ;p
>>
>>16995846
I built discipline by hating myself.
>>
>>16996499
I'm certainly on the way to hating myself because of how bad I've let myself get. It hasn't helped so far.
>>
>>16996509
I had to hit rock bottom for it to really kick in. After two years of being a NEET and one year of clinical depression I hated myself enough to get off my ass and do something about it.
>>
>>16996515
How did you go about doing it then? Pleas share?
>>
>>16996515
>I had to hit rock bottom for it to really kick in
That's exactly what I'm afraid of happening to me and yet i'm not making the changes I need to in order to avert it.
>>
>>16996529
i am pretty much in rockbottom now :(
>>
Check out the art of learning. Really dope book. Also if you are a Computer Science nerd like I, check out the pragmatic programmer. Shits inspiring
>>
OP, I got shit discipline but I've been doing little things to improve, and it helps me a lot.

>make my bed when I wake up or get back from school
>prepare myself food when I get back, never ask anyone to make it for me and never eat crappy chips or hot pockets
>only lay in my bed when it's time to sleep, laying in bed causes me to be super lathargic
>confront my homework when I'm done with all of the above, get it out of the way
>at the end of the day, reward myself for not being a piece of shit by smoking weed and pounding off

I also make it a point to shower every day(this helps a lot) and to work out. Since I'm lazy I do a relatively easy work out, I got a pull up bar for my doorway and its actually really improved my fitness and it helps me slim down. I also try to go on a 5 mile walk a couple times a week, this took me awhile to get to that point, but it helps if you smoke weed(relaxed) and go somewhere pretty(super relaxed). Then you feel active, with nature, and not so shitty.

Good luck OP! The above has really helped my happiness and I no longer want to an hero myself
>>
>>16995846

What >>16996609 said.

If it's about learning something new, get yourself an egg timer. Read for 20 minutes, break for 20 minutes, repeat. I don't know what store sells them, so I coded one for myself. Good luck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.