[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm 19 and being kicked out ( Divorce, mid life crisis/insanity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 59274905.jpg (61 KB, 240x236) Image search: [Google]
59274905.jpg
61 KB, 240x236
So I'm 19 and being kicked out ( Divorce, mid life crisis/insanity are the issues ) and have little life experience. I was intending to attend a community college In august for sociology, however I am rethinking my major as computer science and intend on postponing It until January. I don't know what to do, It's a truly scary feeling knowing someone has the power to kick you out on a whim knowing full well they'd become homeless as they have no assets. So what do I do? I have no money to my name, no license ( I can drive, parents never put up the cash ) and no practical knowledge of living with absolutely nothing and actually manage to progress In life without becoming stuck In a cycle of poverty. Anyone here have a crash course In life? What can I possibly do? I could get a job, had one several months ago however considering my age and lack of a college degree I couldn't legally support myself.
>>
Postpone college until you are in a stable place.

Find a friend that needs a roommate or a cheap place to live.

Jobs arent really hard to get if you arent super picky. Ask friends on facebook wheres hiring and apply everywhere you wouldnt hate working at. I suggest, to get some money together, you find a job doing roofing for the summer. It pays well and will make you decide pretty quickly whether you want to do that kind of work for the rest of your life.

I suggest finding a friend or family member that can take you in, temporarily, while you get a first paycheck or two.

Where youre at, you need to not eat out and just cook. Much cheaper and youll eat healthier. Do not buy drinks at gas stations or new video games. If anything, watch stuff for free online, borrow games, or buy used for under $10.

Sell the things that you dont need. Youll have a lot of shit that youve accumulated over the past 19 years that really isnt necessary and you dont use anymore. You can even sell clothes that you dont wear/use anymore. List them on facebook or craigslist. Meet in a public location.
>>
2/?

Dont pay for convenience if you have more time than money.

Apply to at least 1 job per day. You wont burn out like you will if you try to apply to 15/day for a week.

Really though, sell the shit you dont use/need. If you wont have a cell phone now, you need to go get a tracphone/pay as you go phone from ssmewhere. You just need calling, texting, and voicemail. This is so that employers can call you.
>>
this is the time to make sure you have god friends
or that you are also a good friend. Hopefully someone will be willing to help you out. kinda what happened to me.
Also try applying for food stamps, you might be able to barter that with people in place of cash.
Donate plasma, that's a quick 50 bucks here and there.
>>
Have you ever considered the military? Gets you out of this difficult situation and when you get out in 4 years you'll have some experience, money in the bank, and free college.
>>
>>16995986
This. I was in a similar situation at your age and I regret not enlisting. My friends who did are better off financially than I am now. One of my few regrets in life. Not 'cause I wanted to kill people or for patriotic reasons, but for the free education and travel the world.
>>
>>16995848
IDK. I was in that position and the only thing I had was a smart phone with unlimited data. It helped out a lot and was worth 80 usd a month.
Shit kept me sane and could make connections with it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.