[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm homeless and live inside of my car, but I visit a friend's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1459567880164.png (103 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
1459567880164.png
103 KB, 471x480
I'm homeless and live inside of my car, but I visit a friend's house a few times a week to use internet. I work at a fast food place right now.

How can I move forward in life from here? It seems like I need to go to trade/tech school to get a trade, or save up for uni, but none of this seems possible. I can't live like this for too long without getting some serious health issue that I can't afford to treat.
>>
Uni is overrated.

I'd recommend saving some money and getting a HGV job.
>>
That's an American problem if I've ever seen one. I assume there's no possibility of hardship money or social safety nets. I've seen that communal camps have appeared for people like you, where they live in tents and cook together, they might be able to help best.

You can apply to places online like Lionbridge (which is online anywhere work with decent pay) but these places don't get back to you for months so the returns are very distant.
>>
>>16995761
HGV?
>>
>>16995748
How old are you? Enlisting in armed forces would put a real roof over your head and get you an education for free.

A commune is a good idea like anon said, but good luck finding one that isn't weird or cult-ish.

Get on craigslist and look for people who need roommates. You can find some cheap rooms if you don't mind living with people.
>>
sounds like the job you have isnt the job you want.
i remember seeing something on oprah years ago about a homeless girl who was living in her car. but she kept studying and went to university etc and no more living in her car.
if the army doesnt appeal... is the job your working let you upskill on your own time? i know mc'ds does. so at least you can earn your way to a better life for yourself. there are free online courses you can take on the computer to help you upskill. i have a few friends who were staying in their cars because it was cheap rent. another idea would be drive a truck sure its not exactly skilled work but its decent money compared to fast food service at least till you can find something better.
>>16995771
its not just a american problem.
>>16996116
Heavy Goods Vehicle (truck, bus driver)
>>
You have a job so you have income.
Do a search. Unless you're in a small town there will be homeless shelters, soup kitchens and food pantries around. What I mean is, you can eat for free.

Search craigslist for rooms for rent. It's a roof. It's trash and full of scummy people but whatever, you're there temporarily. Continue eating for free and saving up those checks and within a short time you'll have a deposit on a tiny apartment.

From there whatever, but at least you can breath.
>>
>>16996322
I'm 19.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.