[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wife and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
This is my wife going through a castle in Huy Belgium. I shot lots of photos through out and was told at the end of the tour not to take photos. Should I have listened? Should I have asked questions? Why aren't photographers allowed to take pictures on certain historical sites?
>>
>>16995705
Several reasons for not allowing photos. The most likely are

1. Flash photos can damage fragile paintings, fabrics or wall hangings

2. The site has an exclusive official photographer.

3. They want you to buy postcards in the gift shop

4. And just what is gained by a photo of your wife in a particular spot - proof to you that you actually were there and it wasn't a hallucination?
>>
>>16995705
more of your wife dude
>>
That's actually a pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand that contradiction. You can take a picture of the Mona Lisa but not this castle. I usually try to sneek pictures anyway.
>>
>>16995705
Post moar pls
>>
>>16995767
Kek
>>
>>16995980
Of what exactly?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
The reason I did not ask about the flash is because of the language difference. I should have looked into it more though
>>
Never ever take flash photography of historic pieces of art; the flash can damage the piece
Normal photography doesn't do shit though so as long as you don't get caught, fire away
>>
>>16996118

dude nice butt
>>
>>16995705
>>16995942
>>16996122

You guys sound like children. You're probably the same retards who climb the Pyramids and don't understand that viewing most art, is a privileged, not a right.
>>
Forbidding flash phptography is a preservation issue: the bright light can actually damage pigments, like those found in paint and textiles.

As for the rest, well, let's just say that cowardice in the face of terrorism isn't just for American policymakers anymore.
>>
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
But all of their exteriors were ok to capture. I find that architecture is just as important as the art and furniture. Strange world.
>>
I agree. It's a pity that you cannot take pics of these things when they are all documented in text books and art history books all over the world. Yes I agree that flash should not be used but just taking a photo should be allowed
>>
>>16995705
The intensity of the flash can damage things. If the flash is off, it's harmless, as you're just capturing existing light, not adding any.
>>
You NEVER use flash in historcal sites. Period. It damages/bleaches the pigments in things, be it paintings, draperies or anything else. The ban mostly is because people can´t be bothered to set their cameras on no-flash.

It´s basically a safeguard against stupid tourists, who don´t mind that they are ruining valuable things just for their own amusement.

Some places allow you to photo if you ask the custodian nicely and turn your flash off ;)
>>
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Actually you can take outside garden shots without any interference. Pretty amazing. The gardens are an art form in themselves. Do any of you disagree with taking garden shots?
>>
File: 1459621785160.png (2 MB, 996x1318) Image search: [Google]
1459621785160.png
2 MB, 996x1318
You guys know the point of this thread was for OP to post pics of his wife, right? He made another thread a few days ago, pic related.
>>
It's very interesting this topic. The idea is very much what Andy Warhol talked about
>>
>>16997616
I agree 100%
>>
Even though non-flash photography is harmless, I always assumed that they ban it all because they don't trust the general public to consistently turn the flash off, so it's simpler to just say "no pictures at all".
>>
That's the thing... It's a subject that artists and copywriters have been arguing about since the invention of the camera. I say take pictures of what ever you want.
>>
>>16997865
True... That.
>>
OP are you sure you aren't a stalker and not her husband? These shots look creepy af.
>>
>>16997865
Yes! Take pictures of whatever you want. I like that. Nice wife too!
>>
>>16997410
Why did you save that pic??
>>
>>16998021
this actually makes a lot more sense, also explains why people told him not to take more photos
>>
Warhol talked about what exactly??
>>
ur wife needs a butt work
>>
>>16995705
>Should I have asked questions?
Yes, always ask when someone tells you [not] to do something and you don't understand why.
Nice to learn something new every day.
>>
So you do creepshots of byour wife and put them online?
>>
Saved all these photos, OP. Thank you kindly.
>>
>>16999369
Why did you save these? They are boring
>>
This is fucking weird. I almost wonder if OP is just stalking this lady and posting her pics on here for some sick satisfaction.
>>
>>16999369
Kek
>>
>>16998175
You seem to be new to 4chan.
>>
>>16999438
>what is /b/
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.