[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying person gives life advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 13
File: rZeta.png (2 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
rZeta.png
2 KB, 297x170
Hey /adv/,

Being bedbound pretty much sucks for things to do so I'm here to offer life advice to you all.

Little background:
> 28/f/uk
> ex mathematics teacher
> final stage bronchonial cancer

Feel free to ask for advice on anything. Tits or gtfo requests will be ignored.
>>
Im sorry OP,

I dont really have questions, I feel upset now I've been reading this..
>>
Cancer is a motherfucker. Why haven't we cured that shit yet?
>>
>>16995584
I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you. If you don't mind me asking, how are you coping with the idea that you are going to die pretty soon? I have run into a crisis in my life where i'm confronting that i'll have to die someday and its haunting me and taking over my life. I'm scared of dying.

If it makes you feel better I have had some experiences happen in my life that i'm pretty sure were super natural. So maybe there is another side.
>>
Hey, I'm your age. Total virgin but just got my first number and she's really cute. How do I make sure not to fuck this up? I'm really bad at keeping conversation going, being funny etc. I'm really scared that the date is going to be boring for her. Is there any kind of date where she can be entertained by things other than me? Or where we can have things to talk about?

Only answer if you feel like
>>
>>16995605
I'm sorry that you're sorry. I hope we don't get stuck in a loop!
>>
>>16995635
Well it was a shock at first I admit. The realisation that I wasn't going to be around anymore was pretty hard to cope with so I cried a lot at first. I don't know when I stopped. I guess eventually you just come to acceptance. I try not to think about it much, I lurk, I try and read, all in the back of my head knowing that at somepoint a switch is going to get flicked that will just stop me totally. As for the supernatural I have no experiences so I can't say. I have no hopes for it either so i guess I'm just living my last days as they are.

>>16995639
People know when conversations normally end. I think it's always best to do as much as you can face to face. I used to like it when guys wanted to do things like go to events, conventions, sports etc. because it gave us an experience to share. Just try not to put her on a pedestal. Remember it's just as much her job to entertain you as the other way around.
>>
Firstly, I am sorry to hear of your current situation and would like to thank you for spending your time responding what is most likely to be very trivial problems. You are a wonderful person.

My question is...how can I stop worrying as much? I am a born worrier and it's starting to effect my relationship. I have no reason to have doubts about anything but I read into every little thing, think about all eventualities, run through different scenarios in my head and my biggest fear is that they will realise they just don't want to be with me. As far as I know, they're just as happy as I am but what if they're not?
>>
>>16995661
>As for the supernatural I have no experiences so I can't say. I have no hopes for it either so i guess I'm just living my last days as they are.
You don't feel it's important enough to look into?
>>
>>16995664
Hey anon. First off problems are relative. I guess depending on how you look at it I don't really have a "problem" but that's a bit philosophical.

I used to be a bit like you. My attitude was "well if this doesn't work I'll do this instead". I think the best thing I can do is break down you for you. You plan and replan all the time consciously. You call that worrying. The obvious thing is that if you can do that consciously then you can probably manage it subconsciously as well. If you can manage it subconsciously then you don't need to plan because your brain is doing all the calc in the background. In other words you can stop worrying because no matter what way you slice it, you got this anon. Roll with it, your mind has it covered.

Also generally sorry for slight delays. Coughing is a bitch and it sometimes takes a lot of energy to reply.
>>
>>16995670
>You don't feel it's important enough to look into?

I look at it this way anon whatever happens, if anything happens at all, is going to happen regardless of what I know. So I guess I'll know for certain soon enough.
>>
>>16995584
Sucks that you are dying, but you can't jus ignore the rules because of it. Tits or get the fuck out.

What part of the U.K.?
>>
>>16995584
would you be interested in taking people's virginities ?
since you are going to be dead soon anyway.
>>
Kinda trivial, it's okay if you don't reply

>call chick after months of not seeing her
>tells me to call her before the weekend, to go out
>I say I will
>never call because anxiety
>it's been over a month now

Is this fixable?
What is she thinking right now?
What do I say?
>>
>>16995693
I will and shall. Stick a square root sign over me I'm a radical.

Dorset, Eng.

>>16995694
Not really. Would that be something for someone to brag about? Sex with me is so bad/good it kills people?
>>
>>16995584
Know any good site to lear math?
>>
>>16995700
Hi anon, it sucks that anxiety got in the way.

The situation is this. If you want something to happen (genuinely) then you get in touch with her and you plan and actually do something. Might be an idea to know what that is in advance and get it prepared if necessary.

If she still likes you she'll go. If she doesn't still like you then you'll know. Either way you've lost nothing.
>>
>>16995712
Hard question to answer. Youtube is probably the best by far. I'd say though it'd be more useful if you knew what area of mathematics you wanted to look at first. Calculus is pretty fun not only because it's useful but because the abstractions are interesting too. So it's got the practical mixed with the theoretical.
>>
what age did you have sex for the first time?
how many people have you slept with?
are you in a relationship r/n? if not, when was the last time you were in a relationship?
how much time do you have left?
>>
>>16995661
I think face to face is better too. I'm just so autistic and boring I know there'll be many awkward silences, and I feel like I'm the guy so I'm supposed to be the leader or whatever. But maybe you're right, we're both just human. I've never really connected with a girl before, but maybe this could be it. I just wish I had cool experiences and stories to tell her.

Also totally agree about the events. Been looking but my town has nothing but obscure cabaret festivals and stuff, which might give her a weird first impression of me? So now my options are generic crap like coffee date or minigolf date, which I just don't think I have the skills to handle.

Thanks for all the advice, you've given me some perspective for sure.
>>
What would you think of a guy who wears a toupee?
Seriously considering it. But it's gotta look 100% real or I'll be a laughing stock. I just don't wanna be bald. I'm already short and not good looking.
>>
>>16995717
Thank you OP, you're a nice person.
>>
>>16995727
>what age did you have sex for the first time?

>how many people have you slept with?
5 different people in total.

>are you in a relationship r/n? if not, when was the last time you were in a relationship?
I'm not in a relationship now. I was a few years ago but that ended when my then boyfriend moved to a different country for a new job.

>how much time do you have left?
Months, weeks. It's unlikely I'll see 2017.
>>
>>16995584
I'm sorry to hear about your cancer OP.

What was being a math teacher like? Specifically:
>what did you think were the most difficult/most rewarding aspects of teaching?
>could you live comfortably off of your earnings?
>was it hard to find a position?
>do you think it's important for a person to have real experience in the field that he/she wants to teach, or is it enough to have received schooling about your subject?
>e.g. i'm thinking about teaching biology in high school
>is it important for me to have experience doing research before i start teaching, or is it reasonable to wing it based on what I've learned in school myself?
>do you think you have to be brilliant to be a really great teacher, or is hard work enough?
>how did you know that you wanted to teach?

I'm extremely indecisive, but I've been thinking about using my degree to teach for a long time. If you've got any useful insight for me, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
Hey OP, are you religious? If not, are you interested?
Personally, I think it removes a lot of worries, about life, death and what's beyond.
>>
>>16995584
Sorry to hear that OP. Best wishes.

I think I might've fucked up big time. I told my gf that I couldn't be doing "this" anymore since the new school year started. She interpreted it as our relationship when I simply meant I couldn't stay awake till the early morning hours because of daytime obligations.

She's left it bubbling inside of her for a couple of weeks and she finally let me know. I know it's a broad ass question but is there any way to "fix it"? I know I fucked up bad but I still love her with all my heart. Do you think it's irreparable?
>>
>>16995732
Minigolf could be fun. Kinda kitsch. First dates should always be public meetups so maybe coffee isn't so bad. Remember you're not likely to be entertaining her for more than 2-3 hours anyway so I don't know. I kinda like the caberet thing but that's just me. Good luck anon.

>>16995740
From a logical point of view it's no different than makeup but I don't think a toupee will help you. Seems to me that you have confidence issues that you need to work on and hiding them behind the cosmetic will not work.

>>16995742
Thank you. You're welcome anon.
>>
What makes you cum? Gimme some techniques pls
>>
>>16995740
Not OP, but they will find sooner or later.. What's worst? Dating a bald guy, or discovering down the line that the nice hair guy is actually wearing a toupee to hide his baldness (insecurity I'd say).
>>
>>16995760
>what did you think were the most difficult/most rewarding aspects of teaching?
Seeing the spark moment when the student finally gets it. That's easily the best thing.
>could you live comfortably off of your earnings?
In the UK teachers aren't paid particularly badly. We're not paid the same as other professionals but I lived very comfortably on my salary (£26k/pa). Having said that I came from a working class or low income background and so maybe my spending habits are a little different. When I got my first payslip I was amazed by how much it was.

>was it hard to find a position?
Not really. Maths and science teachers are in short supply in the UK. However, in teaching you always have to be prepared to follow the job. If you sit around in your home town waiting for a job to turn up it won't.

>do you think it's important for a person to have real experience in the field that he/she wants to teach, or is it enough to have received schooling about your subject?

Depends on the subject I think. Maths is a weird one for "real world" experience. As for the sciences I think bringing a passion is more important.

>e.g. i'm thinking about teaching biology in high school

Awesome. I'm sure you'll be great!

>is it important for me to have experience doing research before i start teaching, or is it reasonable to wing it based on what I've learned in school myself?

Not really. I think it's more important that you are aware that you can communicate properly.

>do you think you have to be brilliant to be a really great teacher, or is hard work enough?

Only passion and hard work is required. Brilliance just makes the job easier.

>how did you know that you wanted to teach?

I privately tutored at University. When I saw that I had a knack for explaining things I knew this would be my job.

Hope that helps anon.
>>
I'm sorry to hear that OP, i hope we all can share some good moments together. I got 2 things on my mind right now i hope you can give me your thoughts on it.

What is your most beautiful memory , and would you say it "out-weights" bad stuff that's happened/happening to you?

And If you are religious (didn't read everything yet, if you stated it allready just ignore the "maybes" ) , do you feel better or worse for (not)knowing that there is (no) god who "did this to you" ?
>>
File: 1451738218587.gif (4 KB, 546x104) Image search: [Google]
1451738218587.gif
4 KB, 546x104
>>16995584
When did you know ?
How much time do you have left OP?
>>
>>16995762
I'm not religious. I'm not particularly interested in it beyond religion as stories. I agree it can be a comfort. Whatever is waiting out there, if anything is, will come to me soon enough.

>>16995763
Thanks anon. Either I'm not understanding your situation or I just don't get it. You said something that was misunderstood. You explain that you didn't mean what it sounded like you meant. If she accepts that explanation then that's fine, if she doesn't well that's on her and there is nothing you can do. Is it a long distance thing?
>>
Ok, what's the best advice you think you can give at this moment?
>>
File: Moderat_cover1.jpg (53 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
Moderat_cover1.jpg
53 KB, 500x443
What do I do with my life OP?

I'm 23, living with my mother, have £15k in the bank and a steady but boring dead end job for £17k a year before tax.

I need to move out at some point in the next two months.

I've narrowed down a few Ideas. It a mix of thoughts that aren't mutually exclusive.

a) Stay in my current town, rent a cheap flat, Get a HGV licence. (lessons and test costs about £4000 apparently but it can be reasonable money when you have it (about £30k))

b) Move to Bristol without a job and hope for the best. Bristol is lovely, so I'd love to live there but its expensive without many jobs (or so I've heard).

c) Try and get into wedding photography alongside my current job. I'm like photography as a hobby but I'm not great at it. I would need some serious practice but i bet I could probably do it.
>>
>>16995798
I began treatment a little over 9 months ago. Found out it was a later stage than was first thought. As I said before, weeks, months. Nobody can give you an exact figure.

>>16995790

Aww that's sweet anon. I think the most beautiful memory I have is holding my nephew for the first time. I'd just graduated and everything seemed right with the world. How about yours?

As for your second question. I take no comfort in either position. I'm not cursed nor have I been afflicted. My body is just malfunctioning in a terminal loop. That's all.
>>
>>16995803
Yeah it's a long distance thing. I'm not 100% sure of the situation myself. I told her what I really meant when I said it and she just told me that "something's changed." Last night we had a pretty long talk but I still couldn't make sense of what she feels. She told me she loved me as a person and still do, but it didn't feel the same.
>>
>>16995584
Have you tried anal?
>>
>>16995810
A now then C. B in a few years. Sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

>>16995809
Who knows? Don't climb through a small window at 2am when you've lost your keys because you will definitely smash the flower pots on your kitchen windowsill.
>>
>>16995788
Thanks for getting back to me OP
>>
OP pardon me if this sounds too religiously insistent or insensitive. But if I were in your situation I would be spending most of my time learning how to get into heaven and i'd be doing everything my religion says to do to get in. Doesn't it make more sense to try and do that than just browse the internet? Don't you want to make sure that you have done what it takes to get in just in case it turns out heaven is actually real?

It would be so horrible if you died and just ending up going to hell for eternity. You don't deserve that.

Here I can get you started if you're new to all this. I'm pretty new to the bible as well so thats why i'm stumbling around a little here.

Basically
http://www.biblestudytools.com/niv/
This will let you click on each individual Book of the bible to read. Check out Matthew/Mark/Luke/John to learn about Jesus and the teachings of what you should do to get into heaven. Most of that stuff is covered here.
There is a particular prayer jesus says to use to try and pray to god above all others. It is in Matthew Chapter 6 line 8

https://www.biblegateway.com helps you search for specific words in the bible

I'm not sure how much of the old testament should be read. I'm not in very far and it does already give you an idea of gods personality and things he expects and doesn't like. So maybe that will help on top of the teachings of jesus.

Sorry /adv/ but I just had to. I know there are people here that think this religious stuff is BS but I want to take the opportunity to help this person. If it turns out i'm right then her soul may be saved.

I don't know if this is necessary but you might need to get baptized.

I pray that you make it into heaven.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from the evil one.’
>>
>>16995825
Only time will tell then. You just have to ride this one out.
>>
>>16995832
lmao
you can't make this shit up.

are you a woman?
>>
>>16995584
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis,
I'm slightly tempted to ask a single mom out...
Will you Talk me out or encourage me please?
>>
>>16995837
Thanks anon. I know what I'm dealing is small potatoes from where you're standing. Again, best wishes and I hope you find whatever you're looking for in these times.
>>
>>16995828

You're welcome anon. Hope you do it. You have the power to change lives.

>>16995832
I appreciate your concern. However, any god that would send me to hell for no wrong doing isn't a god that deserves worship.
>>
>>16995633
cause half the population is busy shitposting
>>
Do you have any regrets? Anything that you'd recommend the rest of us avoid doing?
>>
>>16995584
Can you give any general advice based on your experience with impending death?
>>
>>16995850
If it's what you want then do it. There are lots of downsides potentially but that's for you to decide if it's worth risking for what you want to get from this person. A long term relationship or a fling.
>>
>>16995707
>Not really. Would that be something for someone to brag about? Sex with me is so bad/good it kills people?
not, it's more about helping people with something since you have nothing to lose at this point.
>>
What's an appropriate portion of my money to save for the future?

Say for example I have $800 dollars a month after paying various living expences, how much of that $800 should I save for the future and how much should I spend on "stuff" and having fun now (like holidays and days out and stuff?).
>>
I'm genuinely sad now. My grandma died from your kind of cancer, only somehow, it metastasized from her brain all the way to her bloodstream. She succumbed to drowning in her own blood when she died.

My question to you is this: How did you get it, when did you diagnose for it, and what symptoms are you exhibiting?

My final actual question is this: I hate everything in math because I really don't understand it. My final math class is supposed to be calculus, but I'm barely comprehending algebra.

Do you know of a way to make algebra less difficult, or am I just SOL from there? I need help from you because my actual teachers are fucking useless.
>>
>>16995814
you see, the thing is i'm not sure what memory i could even call the most beautiful one i have. that's why i was curious if you could put a finger on it.
>I take no comfort in either position. I'm not cursed nor have I been afflicted. My body is just malfunctioning in a terminal loop. That's all.
sounds a bit like you take comfort in knowing that there is noone that "doomed" you, but it just being nature. or am i reading too much into that?
And thanks for making me laugh with
>Would that be something for someone to brag about? Sex with me is so bad/good it kills people?
>>
>>16995584
Any advice for a 26 year old who can barely live off her monthy paycheck and want to leave the parents house? I can try saving but that might be only 5-10 euros a month.... Im too paranoid I end up in the gutter...
>>
>>16995584
How do I make sure I don't end up like you?
>>
>>16995862
No real regrets. I don't think I would have lived much differently given an option. Having said that I'm only 28 so maybe I haven't lived enough yet for major regrets. I would say that people invest too much of the energy in worrying about what people think. Remember that when you do anything it's then down to the other person to respond. You can't worry about what the response is, just wait for it.

>>16995865

Well if you mean attitude I think I have two approaches. If, like me, there is nothing anyone can do then you have to get to acceptance quickly so you can live what's left of your life. If there is a chance, no matter how slim, though fight for it. Fight and fight and fight some more.

As for physical and mental I'm lucky that my mental facilities haven't degraded too much. I'm pretty much in constant pain but if I take the kind of pain killers to deal with the physical then it'll will kill my mind. I'd rather not live out my remaining time as practically nothing but a corpse with a heartbeat.
>>
File: 1403501289125.jpg (143 KB, 807x1013) Image search: [Google]
1403501289125.jpg
143 KB, 807x1013
>>16995584
Given your circumstances OP, I fear my question would be rather callous. So I pose a substitute:
If there is a single book you would recommend, what would it be?
>>
>>16995907
Thanks for replying. You must be strong to go through this without the pain pills, I'm not sure that I could go through that without them. How did you feel after you accepted your death?
>>
Sorry to hear that OP...
My question is probably really stupid to someone who's got little time like you, but how do I actually give my time a value? More specifically, how can I commit and work hard on something and not throw away my time?
Since you were also a college student, I gues I'm asking for study advice, but mostly it's about committing to something and value time.
Do you value time differently now that you know you have little of it?
>>
>>16995873
Being a virgin isn't a problem. If someone's virginity really bothers them then it's not really the fact that they're a virgin.

>>16995883

I'd say half in savings half in pleasure if that situation is going to continue for a while.

>>16995887
I'm sorry to hear that about your grandma. As I said earlier I was diagnosed about 9 months ago. Well I have severe pains, occasional nervous paralysis caused by further growths, I am also recovering post treatment. Breathing is an issue which means I am mostly out of breath and small tasks take a great deal of energy.

As for your mathematics situation I think that it will only change when you see the value of it. Not just the practical value but the fact that this thing describes everything in our physical world and can be used to understand the most complex mysteries of the universe. If that doesn't excite you I'm not sure how to help.

>>16995889
>sounds a bit like you take comfort in knowing that there is noone that "doomed" you, but it just being nature. or am i reading too much into that?

That's a pretty good read of my attitude.

>And thanks for making me laugh
Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're diabetic then it's insulin.

>>16995903
I'm sorry you have an unhappy situation. I'm surprised your expenses are so high. I think you are probably best just waiting out until your situation changes. It'll cause you less stress.

>>16995906
I wouldn't worry. You're doing a good job so far.
>>
Despite being fortunate enough to not be dying, I'm basically wasting my life away. At this point, I'm basically addicted to doing nothing but browsing the internet, playing video games and drinking the time away and I'm not sure how to being to help myself. Do you have any tips?

Also, can you post any proof that you're at the very least in hospital? A timestamp of your bed would probably do. No need to show yourself.
>>
>>16995832
Loving every laugh
>>
>>16995919
Anything by Feynman is pretty awesome. That man knew how to write. I have a soft spot for my copy of Spivak's Calculus but that's for personal rather than literary reasons. Feel free to ask your question. What's the worst that could happen?

>>16995930
It meant that I could think clearly and spend my time more wisely. No more trips to the hospital. Instead I get an excuse to read new books and, through other people, experience new things.

>>16995932
You have to learn to value down time as much. When you do you will realise it is a reward. As for studying you can either let your passion take you over, like for me and mathematics, or you can approach it like a job that you'll be fired from. I do hope you love your subject. That should drive you. If it doesn't then rethink your decisions.

As for now, no. Time hasn't slowed or sped up for me. It's just what I can do with it against what I can't. When more things become what I can't then I'll be ready to die.
>>
>>16995936
>Being a virgin isn't a problem. If someone's virginity really bothers them then it's not really the fact that they're a virgin.
whatever
i want to fuck
do you want some?
pls be in london
>>
>>16995941

I think you need to find something to do. Maybe if you like games so much you should look at making them as a hobby?

I'm not in hospital. I receive pallative home care from my local health authority. Not sure what I could post that would prove that and not identify me either. If I can find something that isn't personal I will.
>>
>>16995954
Thanks for your answer, hope you get to live these last months to the fullest.
>>
>>16995956

I'll pass thank you. Sweet of you to offer.
>>
>>16995965
what if sex with me cures your cancer :) you have nothing else to lose
>>
Im sorry to hear of your conditions.

What's your favourite area of mathematics, and why did you chose to study it?

Undergrad here, but I not sure what to think of it all and whether it really is something for me.
>>
>>16995936
I see. Honestly, I see no real value in being a mathematician. Like, what's the real use of the pythagorean theorem, or fucking polynomials? Or worse yet, complex fraction equations, or graphing inequalities? There is literally no use for this, and this is why I am sort of failing to comprehend. See, I need something to use in the real world, not in books. Even writing class is useful, because I at least can build a hefty MLA formatted resume, or better yet, write a book. Reading is neat because hey, it's good to read books once in a while, not to mention master our native language.
i can even see actual use in second-language classes, because you can hit a broader base with your words, which can open quite a few doors.
>>
>>16995961
>I think you need to find something to do.
I've got plenty I'd like to do and plenty that I really should do but the problem is that actually doing it is hard and 99 times out of 100 I take the easy route and waste time until I go to sleep by playing video games or drinking instead of putting the work in and the the same the next day.

Never mind about the timestamp, I hadn't read that you weren't in hospital.
>>
>>16995972
>>16995936

Also, I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND YOU! It's just that I'm a different kind of man when it comes to math. It's what I call my cranky class.
>>
If you could go back and tell your 20 year old self what to do for the future, what would you say?

What do you regret most? What brings you comfort? What do you wish you did more?
>>
>>16995971
It may be frustrating to be this abstract but Topology without a doubt. However, formal logic comes a close second. I'm claiming AI back for mathematics!

>>16995972
Well just to take your first example, Pythagoras' Theorem, if you do anything with vectors it uses it. So that's everything from the arts, video games, right through to calculating projectiles, physics and engineering. The joy of mathematics is that it's in everything we do in life. If you understand mathematics you can answer a lot of cool questions about life.

>>16995978

I know you're not. Just as I said above if the physical world interests you you have to have the maths to deal with it.

>>16995976
Motivation is tough. The only answer is you have to find that thing that grips you. Maybe you could join a club or something. Just to force yourself. Or ask a friend to help you. I can't really recommend anything as only you know you.
>>
>>16995987

Huh, you actually made my perspective flip for a moment. Vectoring, as in modeling for things like CAD, 3d printing, and modeling? If that's the case, now I'll try a little harder in my class.

Thanks for giving me some hope, DD. I will try and pass my class for your honor. Or avenge you, if it were too late.
>>
>>16995979
I think I would tell her to let go a bit more often and be willing to try more. That there was more to the world than could be found in books. I think what gives me comfort is that I deal with things on my own terms now. Situations may change but the way you face them doesn't have to.
>>
>>16995993

That's right. Now go and conquer algebra young Senpai! I like the idea of being avenged on it.
>>
>>16995972
Not OP but pythagorean theorem for example, was responsible for discovery of irrational number, ie. without it humans wouldn't know calculus. It is also essential to geometry i.e almost every engineering achievement since Euclid.
Polynomials is a basic class of very well behaved function that at a very fundamental level is indispensable in computation, from calculating square root of 2 to approximating trajectory of meteor. Again, essential to civilization.
You question seen might confuse mathematicians as to them it is like asking what is the point of negative numbers.

You are right in one sense, that knowing them as basic concepts taught in high school like you said, if you stop at this superficial level, it could be deemed fairly useless. And in truth you dont have much of a career choice if you only know these basic stuffs. But that is how the modern world works, you cannot do anything useful unless you go deep enough into the field.
>>
How is the job market in the UK?

I want to apply for jobs there but I'm sort of broke & I don't have any working visa yet. About qualification or language, I'm totally fine in that aspect (I studied in London for awhile).
Advice for jobseeking in UK for overseas candidate.

OP, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you can find peace & be lifted out of you pain.
>>
>>16995584

I'm really sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you.

For my question...
What was your favourite part/area/course in mathematics and why did you choose mathematics? Were you a math wizard back in primary school?
>>
>>16996021

Forgot to write that I'm considering becoming a math teacher myself. Even though I'm alright at it I don't feel I will be able to make it, due to lack of discipline and procrastination.
>>
>>16996020

Job situation is pretty crappy in the UK as far as I know if you're not in a profession. I think, though I don't know, in order to get a visa you'll have to get a job offer. So my advice is to apply to jobs and take it from there. Good luck to you.

>>16996021
>What was your favourite part/area/course in mathematics

See >>16995987

As for choosing it well it was always what I liked. I've had some pretty awesome maths teachers so they inspired me. In fact when I trained to be a teacher I was sent on a placement to work with my old high school maths teacher. As for primary, no I didn't learn to love maths until I went for an visit to what would be my high school. From then I was hooked!
>>
>>16996036
Then training will be the best thing for you. You will learn those skills.
>>
>>16995954
I have read no Feynman, I only have knowledge of him through a few youtube videos over the years. I'll trust your opinion and bump him to the top my to read list.

Very well, if you were to find yourself with a few extra years of health, what would you do with them to celebrate?
I find myself in the rather fortunate position of making a (nearly) full recovery from a MTBI 2 years ago, but find myself wandering around feeling lucky rather than doing things worth remembering.
>>
>>16995584
Thanks for sharing your story Op. You've made me realise all my problems are idiotic and quite frankly selfish. It's a shame someone so kind and with so much wisdom to spread has to leave us. Thanks for brightening up this lonely corner of the Internet x
>>
>>16996047

Well then I think I would have more adventures, visit more places, and spend some time trying to find a non-trivial solution to the Riemann hypothesis.

I am glad that you have made a near full recovery. I can understand your wonder. You say you want to do something rememberable. Well I think nothing can beat being an amazing person and being an inspiration to those around you.
>>
>>16995936
>That's a pretty good read of my attitude.
Ok, that rounds out your answer.

>Being a virgin isn't a problem. If someone's virginity really bothers them then it's not really the fact that they're a virgin.
Well, depending on anons age his possible partners could either be really insecure themselves and not want a virgin (mostly at really young ages) or his "virgins status" would be "socially unacceptable" because of his advances age, but in the end it's most likely a confidence thing because he values himself less because of his virginity...

And I wanted to know, which direction would you wish humanity would be develop? Or do you not care / not care enough to make this thought experiment ?
>>
>>16996061
You're welcome anon. I have to thank everyone in this thread who have talked with me too. It has helped me and I hope I have helped. Your words are sweet. Thank you too.
>>
File: 1432291134292.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432291134292.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>16995954
Feynman's lectures in physics or Feynman's epic tales about his bravado and heroic deeds at Princeton where he went in excruciating details about how he bested almost every mathematicians and philosophers he met ? :))
I honestly dont think normal people can learn anything useful from the latter book, speaking as his fan.
>>
>>16996070
>but in the end it's most likely a confidence thing because he values himself less because of his virginity...
I'm glad we agree.

>which direction would you wish humanity would be develop?

Well I think I would like to see humanity become more compassionate. Maybe we could drop our boarders, stop squabbling over resources, and work together. Unfortunately there is a lot to fix in order to achieve this. But no I care very much. I think we could get sidetracked over little petty things because those in charge love their power and want to keep it. Do you have a vision for humanity?
>>
Don't need any advice, just wanted to say sorry you got a shitty roll on life. How have you and your family dealt with it emotionally? Have you "said goodbye" so to speak to everyone you want to?
>>
>>16996090
well i thought about several more or less realistic scenarios and the one i like best involves a global change in peoples mindset to go away from consumerism into a more compassionate mindset like you described.
The thing is
>I think we could get sidetracked over little petty things because those in charge love their power and want to keep it.
is pretty much whats happening right now , isn't it? people go against each other for power instead of sharing because they get taught thats the way to survive(which was correct, thousand(s?) years ago...) , instead of really cooperating.
>>
see you in the depths anon
>>
>>16996075
No need to thank me, your posts were just what I needed today.
>>
>>16996075
On another note, how do I get the best out of those around me and make them feel good about themselves? I feel this may be skill you have developed whilst teaching. I've recently found myself with more responsibility in work, however I can be quite dry and struggle to communicate at the best of times.
>>
>>16996148

I think be clear with what you expect from people first. One piece advice I'd give, don't give shallow compliments or compassion. Praise people when they have actually achieved what they mean to. Anything else will make your praise cheap.

Sorry for the delay. Just needed a little break.
>>
File: smug.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
OP the only times I am ever productive is when I am at my most desperate. Is there any way I can try to mimic that in my day to day life? I can only imagine that facing death you can think of a million and 1 things to do and have the courage to do so because you don't care about being judged.

For the next year I will not be working and in school and I would really fuggen h8 to spend a lot of that time unproductively.
>>
File: 1427215080928.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427215080928.png
30 KB, 400x400
>>16995584
Hey anonsorry about what's happening to you. >mfw.
Just reading this makes me feel right in the feels.
Question: What's it like knowing that you're going to die at such a young age? Do you regret anything? What advice would you have for someone who is 18 and is a year away from going to college?
>>
File: 1458821774615.jpg (735 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458821774615.jpg
735 KB, 850x1200
I don't really need any advice. You seem like a lovely person, OP and I'll keep you in my thoughts.
>>
>>16996202
You can't motivate yourself without passion. Sounds like so far you have only ever done things because you have had to. Try finding something you want to do. When else are you going to get a year to try?

>>16996207
My advice for you is to make sure you are ready to go and to enjoy it as much as you can. Don't feel pressured to enjoy your college experience in a certain way. So, for example, you're not missing out if you don't go to clubs if going to clubs isn't your thing. You're not missing out if you're not partying the whole time if partying constantly isn't your thing. Make your time at college your own and the best for you. Nobody else is having your experience so make sure it's what you want.
>>
>>16996222
Thank you anon. That's sweet of you. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>16996172
If you want to give it a shot faith healing can be effective against cancer, if you can't get any help from traditional medicine and you feel like you are going to die anyways try that, if not because the prospect of having to die deteriorates your mental health and you can always cling to some more hope.
A healthy or unafflicted mind will make you suffer less and help you getting cured
>>
>>16995633
Depending on who you ask it's either that we just haven't found the cure yet or because "big pharma" can't make enough money if they cure it.
>>
>>16996067
Holy god damn, thats good. A paragon of virtue, I shall be. Thank you, OP.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.png (173 KB, 265x530) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.png
173 KB, 265x530
>>16995584
Sorry OP. We will all be following after you relatively shortly anyway when you think about the grand scheme of things. Even a Demigod king could not escape his own mortality. If he could not, then what hope do we have? The Gilgamesh Epic teaches us to value our friends and cherish the time we have on earth, because you never know when it will be gone. The only form of immortality is the mark we leave on the world. Whether that be children or some sort of legacy. I am sure you have made an impression on at least a few students in your short career.
>>
>>16996279
You're welcome anon. Good luck follow you.
>>
If there was one piece of life advice you could give from your position. What would it be?
>>
>>16995584
i had a buddy who had bowel cancer, and he is now cancer free (for the time being) what was his secret? changing his diet and smoking weed. yes thats right weed cures cancer my question is why didnt you think of this?
>>
>>16996313
I feel like I've answered this a couple of times now. My answer's in the thread.

>>16996314
>yes thats right weed cures cancer
Citation needed. I'm glad your friend recovered.
>>
Why/how did you get cancer? How can I avoid and lower my risks as best as I can?
>>
>>16995584
Why live when everything is so shit. Thats my question.
I am little envy of you OP
>>
I'm sorry about what is happening to you, you really look like a fantastic person. Seriously.

My question for you (if you feel like responding, of course): what do you think I should do with my life?

I'm always been good at school, and so I could choose pretty much what I wanted to enter in university at the time, but I wasn't sure about what I wanted to do and I still don't know.

I wanted to do physics (I wasn't even sure, I liked the subject and I still do but in high school it was not one of my best grades, actually, maybe I just liked the idea of being a scientist and a researcher and discover important stuff, that was the biggest thing that drove me to that, then, I think) but I pussied out because in my country (Italy) being a researcher in that is really difficult (no job, and it pays so little is even difficult to be indipendent) and I didn't want to get away from my family and be a "foreigner" forever, I guess. Also, I did not like teaching in primary or highschool because I think I would have never managed to bear the possibility of not being so good at it and to never be able to make my students interested into the subject or even scaring them away, and then have to spend my life teaching to people that don't care about what I teach to them, and also wanted to do something by myself, great if possible (I've always had ambitions way greater than the work and the will I put to follow them, maybe because I always had big insecurities and felt like I had to prove myself to others, the world and probably also myself, and I still do) so I choose another possibility I had available in that moment from my tests and got into architecture, a degree when I maybe could have a bigger possibility to live from, also thanks to my family. But I don't know if I just made a big mistake or not.

1/2
>>
>>16996439
2/3 (not 2, actually)

I kind of like the subject and the job, but I really like a lot of stuff. I pretty much like everything I can know and study about, I'm always been a big nerd, and I still don't know what could be my "real" passion, something I could settle for a job that would take a good part of the rest of my life. Right now I even think more about stuff like archeology than physics in my free time, and I even like medicine, that I decided no to go into because it was too long and I would have had no possibility but to lose all of my years and the money spent by my family on it if I decided to drop out later (I don't know about UK, here we have a 3+2 years degree for most of the stuff where we can still use our first limited 3rd-year degree to get some jobs, medicine is only 6+5).
>>
>>16996447
>>16996439
3/3

I'm 24, I'm at my last year in architecture (the 5th) and even if for sure I will take the degree, now, after that I don't know what to do. My parents told me that if I wanted to study something else there would be no problems, but as much as I would like to study forever I don't want to spend their money (we are not poor, but not rich as well for sure) on something else if I'm not sure that then I would be ok. I'm just delaying the choice, but I don't think I can go like this forever. I'm not very good with girls, but even if I was I would probably even be scared to get in a serious relationship if I'm not sure about my future. I'm scared about feeling regrets later so I'm trying to leave all the possibilities open, but at some point I think I will have a limit for that. I thought about studying things by myself and work or try to find a part-time job (if it will ever be possible) and go on studying (probably physics just to make sure if it was a thing for me or not, but again I'm not sure even on that eventual choice, just to be original), but right now those are just thoughts that I have while I waste the majority of my free time and procrastinate on everything I have to do (even stuff I like). What do you think?

Sorry for the Great Wall of Text, I just tried to get everything into it.
>>
I don't know why your thread made me so sad, but I'm saving some of your answers in a Word document to inspire me every time I feel down, can I have your name to remember you or just DD?
>>
Sorry for the delay /adv/ needed a nap. Felt woozy.

>>16996449
I think you have a lot of conflicts going on in your life at the moment. Most of them seem to be internal. What I would say now is that if you have a plan for a life you want then follow it. Everything else will fall into place. If you are planning a life for the wrong reasons (eg. I don't really want to do this but it MIGHT be beneficial) then you're setting yourself up for heartbreak. You cannot love or be loved if you aren't happy with yourself and your decisions. At this point if your heart is really still for physics then now is a perfect time to pursue it. You have love and support. You're not taking advantage of your parents' generosity you are making the best of the opportunities they want to give you because they love you. Help them love you better by choosing what you truly want.

>>16996511
Hi anon. Well that's flattering in a way, so thank you. Laura is my first name.
>>
File: 1392495918377.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1392495918377.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>
>>16995633
Mostly because Cancer is one word for a million things. You could cure a certain type of cancer that effects a certain type of person at a certain age and it won't do jack shit for little timmy's lymphoma
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x437
What caused the cancer? Are you a smoker? Does it hurt?
>>
Do you have children?

Do you have any regrets?

Can you post a pic so we can see you?

Not really asking for advice, just curious about you OP.
>>
OP how did you find you were sick? What was your symptoms?
Also, you seem to be a very nice person
>>
>>16995832
>But if I were in your situation I would be spending most of my time learning how to get into heaven and i'd be doing everything my religion says to do to get in. Doesn't it make more sense to try and do that than just browse the internet? Don't you want to make sure that you have done what it takes to get in just in case it turns out heaven is actually real?

Don't you think an omnipotent being would notice if someone was dying and started searching how to get in to heaven "just in case"? Or is that a loophole to get in, intention and motivation doesn't matter as long as you follow the rules? Anyway If OP's going to start with a religion now, it should at least be one based on love and acceptance instead of fear.
>>
Dear DD
I need to know: I tried going with a major in computer programming because I felt like it would make a lot of money. Long Story Short: I am extremely unhappy with it, and I can't understand a lick of it. Honestly, I want to major in Biology.

Tell me, is it alright for me to do this? I hear it's more mandatory than ever to actually do what you love, that way you can show enthusiasm within your job, and make better stands with jobs and whatnot.

At the same time, knowing computer shit gets you a job with extremely high pay, but you NEED to know everything, from hardware to complex software, to get anywhere. I also hear it's very competitive.
>>
I'm really hung up on the fact that I missed out on experiences like being young and in a relationship, guys were repulsed by me so I never got a chance to experience that

Nothing I do now seems to make up for it, not even the prospect of a relationship, because it wouldn't be the same/wouldn't be a replacement

Any advice?
>>
>>16996673
I still don't have a plan for the life I want, I will try to sort myself out and make one. Thank you, DD.
>>
Whoa, missed a lot.

>>16996755
It's something of an anomoly. No I don't smoke. Yes I'm in pain.

>>16996888
I think my advice in >>16996673 stands. Go for biology if that is your love.

>>16996889
I'm sorry you are upset by this. I don't really understand the "missed experiences" thing though. You are who you are because of what you are shaped by what you have done. It wouldn't be helpful to say get over it. I think what makes those types of relationships and not others special to you is that you associate other things with them not just the relationship. That's why I don't think a substitute is enough for you. Maybe it's a youth thing. However, if it is a thing that you can't recapture because that time has passed then you must learn to accept that it has passed. Confront it and accept it. Anything else would be self-torture.
>>
>>16995584
OP is it true that all zeros of the zeta function have real part 1/2??? Pls tell me advice
>>
>>16996938
Well no not all of them. Trivial zeros can be found in negative real parts. However, as for positive real parts outputting zeros, nobody knows. Hence my response in >>16996067
>>
>>16996937
I know I've been shaped by what I have done.

It's more the fact that I wasn't good enough to have those experiences so I end up feeling subhuman and worthless. I compare myself to other women and feel inferior to them, like I'm a piece of shit. Unwanted leftovers etc.

This would be insulting to you (and I wish a medical miracle upon you) but I enjoy doctor's visits because all the tests and examining make me feel human for a little while, and a little less alienated.

I had an overdose and the ECG increased my self esteem a little because my heart and everything, it was there, just like everyone else's.

But it's only a temporary self esteem boost.
>>
OP I just dropped out of college with only two semesters left to go. I had a decent GPA and was in an undergraduate research program geared toward getting me into graduate school. Unfortunately mathematics never really aligned with my identity. I didn't hate it, but I also had zero passion for it (which I think is very important for people in the field).

After a few suicidal episodes I dropped out even though I only have about 4 classes left to get my BA. I've never felt better to be honest, but now people in my life are insisting that I just grind out the rest of it just so I can have a degree. Wat do?
>>
>>16996976
That concerns me. You value yourself only by the validation of others or at least that is how your post reads to me. But if you keep that opinion of yourself it will lead to self destruction. Comparisons can be useful if you're trying to change things in a positive and realistic way but otherwise they're just harmful. The gorgeous girl who is rich and a bitch is completely different from the gorgeous girl who is rich and an angel.

I want to be careful how I respond to you because I don't want it to sound like meaningless platitudes. You are a wonderful and unique person and will bring all kinds of joy to people who love you.

Don't get sucked in to some kind of lifestyle porn. There are no experiences every woman has to have had. There are no experiences every man has to have had. Not having an experience is not the same as being excluded from it.

Anon, you might be thousands of miles away for all I know but without ever setting my eyes on you or hearing your voice I am your sister and I love you for the special person you are.
>>
>>16996983
Anon you have an opportunity to do something. You can either pick to do it or not. You have to answer whether or not you would regret not taking that opportunity of if it would be better not to. I don't think that can be answered straight away because you have to be honest with yourself, truly honest.

If it is hard that's no reason not to. The only reason not to is if you decide it has little value for you.

Have you talked to a professional about your suicidal moments?
>>
Hi, OP. I hope you at least are busy enough with us to be bored or anything.

My problem (And I know it sounds... obvious, but it´s way too important to me to screw it up):

I have health problem (with hands), causing pain when doing basic stuff. Had non-dominant one operated on some time ago and the pain returned after some time, differently. After that, the dominant hand started hurting the same way. The doctors want to operate the dominant hand without resolving the pain in the non-dominant first.

I´m too scared to go through with the dominant hand operation, though the pain is getting worse. Noone really cares about fixing the non-dominant one (it would probably take long, if even possible).

Note: I draw, paint and do other similar stuff for living (something I worked years on to the point I´m good at it)

My question is... How would you muster up enough courage to deal with this? Or would you? I´m being scared out of my mind and stuck here for months now.
>>
>>16997019

Thank you :) I'm in Wales so not so far away.

> Not having an experience is not the same as being excluded from it.

But I was excluded from it, I didn't make the cut.

I find myself feeling inferior to every woman, no matter how pretty she is.

I don't know what lifestyle porn I'm following, but I just want to be a young girl with a boyfriend. I'll never have that.

Anyway I need to find a way to accept this. The paramedics said I was pretty and you've been extraordinarily lovely to me, so thank you
>>
>>16997031

Yeah I'm going through the whole rigamarole right now. Therapy and all that jazz.

Thanks for replying. It's really hard to be honest with yourself. I wanted to drop out sometime ago but I thought I was just being lazy or I was afraid of failure. So I just stuck with it and pushed myself and it didn't end up well.
>>
>>16995633
cancer has no cure, it's cells that fucked up when they were made. you get plenty of treatment options, but there will never be a universal cure
>>
>>16997095

I've been to Wales a few times to visit friends. Lava bread on toast is lovely.

>But I was excluded from it, I didn't make the cut.

Then they weren't good enough for you. And I bet the paramedic was right. Take care anon and I hope you can feel better soon.

>>16997088
I'm sorry for your pain anon. Remember always you are the customer so to speak. Ultimately you want this pain to stop and they want to operate to stop it. This is good and you should do it. But, and perhaps this will help your pain in a weird psychosematic [sic] way, demand of your doctors that they discuss your non-dominant hand situation. Don't be fobbed off with excuses. I think that if you take charge it might ease your pain a little maybe because you might be adding to it psychologically.

PS. I am super jealous of people who are artistic. It's like magic to me.
>>
>>16997115
I'm glad you are getting the help you need. One day at a time anon.
>>
>>16997124

Thanks for reacting, OP, I really appreciate it. It´s way too hard to talk with people around me like this.

My greatest concern is that the pain would come back on the dominant hand (like on the non-dominant). Resolving the non-dominant is a long-term thing too and with the kind of operation, there is always risk of losing feeling in some nerves (took a few months to recover the first time round).

Also in my country, the doctors aren´t very client oriented. It´s more of the old-fashioned godlike atittude and they don´t even try to understand how important it is to me. It´s just the only thing I ever stuck with (had hard time finding anything I´d want even after evaluating every possibility). I know there´s the possibility of the pain being partially psychosomatic, but I had to really force them to do some extra tests to see if it´s not from something else. I just don´t want to end up not being able to work or do anything (the pain would prohibit me from doing more jobs than just artistic ones).

I guess I really have to learn not to be so scared and to be more assertive, right? It´s just too hard for me knowing the people I need to push are the ones having your health/future in hands.
>>
>>16997151
I think if it's possible and they have a kind-of God-like thing going on then hit them where it hurts. Say, directly and without emotion in front of them, that you will be seeking the advice of another doctor. That should hit their professional pride.

You are not happy with your service and it won't improve if you don't demand better service.
>>
>>16997159

Yeah, I´ll probably try a different hospital when I start dealing with it again. I´m just too scared of the aftermath. The possibility of my dominant hand hurting the way the non-dominant does (after the operation) is scaring me so much I´m not able to do nearly anything (somehow nearing panic attack, but long-term).

I just wish I could muster up more resolve. The last time I went there and tried to deal with them, I broke down crying, nearly not being able to even tell them what I wanted (and I´m not a crybaby by nature).
>>
>>16997177

I hope everything works out anon. Stay strong.
>>
>>16997202

Thank you. Even getting it out like this helps very much. You´re really a great person.

Really, thank you.
>>
>>16997202
So, I usually didnt really interact with girls until some months ago were I had some kind of social epiphany, and thanks to that, I´ve met some very special girl in my life. Surprinsingly, although we havent talked about it, I think we feel something between us.
My question DD, is:
How can I tell her how I feel instead of letting her go, as I have done to every girl I have liked in all my life?
Also, sorry to bother you with this, I got a little drunk thinking about stuff.
Im sorry about your condition, but I hope you the best, and you seem like a very interesting and cool person
>>
>>16997237
Well to quote one of my favourite childhood movies "faint heart never won fair lady". Tell her how you feel and propose the next step in your relationship. You have nothing to lose but you do have to take the initiative. So be honest and open.
>>
Thanks for the advice, OP.
Hope the pain isn't too bad.
>>
>>16995584
hey OP, cancer is a bitch, my grandma has stage 4 lung cancer and they recently found a tumor in her brain, but anyways, What would you do if you were in a relationship but couldnt trust your partner? Me and her have been dating for a year and a half and she hasnt done anything that has made me lose trust in her, but theres always a part of me that thinks shes going to cheat on me, or is just keeping me around until she finds someone better, is this normal, should i end the relationship, Ive tried talking to her about it but every time i do i close up and end up changing the subject. what should i do? (you dont need to reply if you dont want to/dont feel like it, i just didnt want to start my own thread over this and push someone elses off the board)
>>
Have you heard of the Warburg Hypothesis? You might want to read it, any article will do.
>>
>>16995633
thinking of cancer as a disease we can cure is wrongheaded. In electronic terms a disease would be a virus, cancer is a glitch. It's a fundamental flaw that arises from the way our cells work.
>>
>>16995633
>Cancer is a motherfucker. Why haven't we cured that shit yet?
Because it's a very different beast from the ways we typically think of diseases. In fact, calling it a beast at all is pretty inaccurate, not so much because of the "beast" part as because of the "a" part. There are several different generalized types of cancer, but even beyond these types, the place where the cancer started also has a huge role to play. So does each patient's individual genetic makeup. It isn't much of a stretch to say that each patient's individual case is a completely new disease, sharing some common ancestry with other cancers but still its own thing.

Because of this, I don't think that the cure for cancer, if it's ever found, will be in the form of a medicine as we currently understand such things. More likely, it will be a system -a machine or process involving machines- that can analyze a patient's cancer and genetic makeup, and from this information develop and synthesize drugs unique to that person's case.
>>
As somebody dying do you feel like it would be better to live and make the choices the way you wanted instead of listening to others

Tl;Dr should I choose my own path as stupid as it may be
>>
Hey DD. I wonder, how do you love? Most of my life is whole, but it seems like I am missing the most crucial component: I don't feel any love from others, can't love anybody, and in general just can't quite form anything emotionally substantial with others. It is not as if my relationships with others are is shambles either; I have a loving family and a decent social life with good friends, or at least great acquaintances. Still--it's quite an abstract feeling--I just don't feel anything emotionally substantial within me. It's as if my body and mind form a perfectly functional entity that is hollow.

Apologies for rambling on. My point is, how do you love. Or more specifically, how do YOU love--has living on very limited time taught you anything at all?

That said, I think you're a great person DD: intelligent and with a wonderful heart. In the end, that's the most important thing isn't it--having a wonderful heart?
>>
>>16997249
>you have nothing to lose
For me, the thought of a girl being repulsed by me always scares me if I try to 'make a move'.
What should I do if I don't want to lose her as a friend?
>>
>>16995633
because people are weak willed faggots that would rather subsidize the weak instead of getting rid of deadweight like we should be doing
>>
>>16995770
>From a logical point of view it's no different than makeup but I don't think a toupee will help you. Seems to me that you have confidence issues that you need to work on and hiding them behind the cosmetic will not work.

To me its not about confidence. I know I'm not good looking, so I want to do something about it. I know it's risky, but the alternative is living life as a 4/10 uggo. That's just reality.
>>
File: 1444718424243.gif (9 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1444718424243.gif
9 KB, 633x758
I'm so sorry, Anon. I hope you can find a way to pass happily or something of that sort. Or atleast find a way to enjoy the time you have. You sound like a really nice person, life's unfair as fuck. I don't have any questions though.

See you, space cowboy.
>>
>>16995584
>f/uk

IT SAYS FUKK AHHAHHAHAHAHA THE WORD FUCK
>>
Can you give me advice on my relationship?
I've been with my bf for three years now and I'm not sure I want to continue our romantic relationship. He has had multiple relationships in his past but this is my first. I'm not sure if I want to commit to just him at this point in my life (I'm only 20). It's not that I want to have casual sex but sometimes I feel like I want to date other people. Is this a clear enough sign that I should leave him? On the other hand he is my best friend and we have a lot of fun together. I also think he'd be a great dad but I don't want kids in another six to ten years. He loves me a lot and I've told him about my feelings - he said that we're good together and we both cried a lot. I don't know what to do; I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to leave my best friend for something that could be a passing feeling. But I also don't want to miss out on anything. Inb4 someone calls me a slut for wanting to see other people.
>>
Knowing you have no choice but to die soon what do you have to say to suicidal people
>>
I have a bad feeling OP is never coming back
>>
>>16995584
>28/f/uk

I'm glad you are dying, I know this thread is probably bait, but I hope it isn't'
>>
>>16995584
Hello OP let me share a story with you

Around August 2015 my father was diagnosed with lymphoma. As you are probably well aware the immediate reaction to this was grief and sadness. I cannot imagine how my father felt, but I couldn't stop crying at the thought of him being gone. I will spoil it now the ending is not sad, after several chemo sessions (also it was caught early stage 2 or 3?) he was given the a bill of clean health. "no living caner present in body". This made me unbelievably happy, but thoughts still linger of "what if it comes back".
There's one thing I forced myself to do throughout this entire experience, never end on a sad thought. Any negative thought I had, I would also force myself to feel hope and joy.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I understand that you must have negative thoughts and I feel the best way to beat that is always ending on a positive. Maybe it doesn't apply too well in your situation, but sometimes I feel compelled to say what's on my mind. Hope this isn't too verbose or obtuse for you. I think of you and hope for you, even if I may not know you
>>
>>16995770
Only thing with the cabaret thing is that it's in June. You think I can stall the date til then? I really need an experience we can share to take the pressure off, stuff like minigolf still requires lots of talking!
>>
>>16995633
It irritates me how much is spent on useless shit like alcohol or luxury watches that could have gone to research.
>>
>>16995584
What means your name, DD?
>>
File: 143740.png (413 KB, 949x720) Image search: [Google]
143740.png
413 KB, 949x720
>>16995584
OP, how did you get good at Math (mostly Algebra) ?

Did you study and practice a lot or were you good at a young age ?

I'd love to know.
>>
guys stop bumping this thread
OP is long gone
RIP
>>
>>16998704
Dick move
>>
>>16995584
If I could give you some advice:

When it's time, and your family tells you it's okay to let go?

Fuck that.

Ride it like a bitch to the bowels of hell for every second it's worth. Even if it hurts. Squeeze every last second out of it. You spent twenty eight years buying it, might as well get every minute breath you can out of it.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.