[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I switch from Spanish to another language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I've been learning Spanish for half a year now. I've always wanted to learn a new language but I didn't have the opportunity to do so during secondary school. Back then, I would have probably picked French, German, or Japanese.

During high school, I met an online friend who happens to be Spanish and we ended up talking every day. At uni, I had the opportunity to pick whatever I want as a new language for fun and the beginner courses here have a reputation for being easy to get good grades. I picked Spanish as I simply have someone to practice with and I think having a language buddy will definitely help me to become fluent in a language.

I ended up enjoying studying the Spanish language very much and I made surprisingly fast progress by myself. I love the way Spanish sounds. However, I do realise that I did initially pick a language because "I have some online friend who speaks that language". I don't have a crush on him (I am a girl btw), yet I think this is kind of a ridiculous reason to pick a language to learn and will lead to assumptions from other people and I do not want that.

The truth is I wasn't particularly interested in Latin American culture and I dont have any plans to travel there (I am from Asia - Latin America is so far away and my parents will not be willing to pay for the flight tickets anyway).

I think switching may be a good idea as I don't want my online friend to think that I have feelings for him. Both of us are single. I may lose contact with him one day.

Should I switch to another language (eg. French)?
>>
It's not as ridiculous as it seems. I used to have two friends in HS that learned sign language so they could exclusively chat away at each other during class.

If you're interested in exploring other foreign languages then you should do that but don't let perceived pressure from others influence you.
>>
>>16995511
>don't let perceived pressure from others influence you
Pressure as in from who?
>>
>>16995531
>>and will lead to assumptions from other people and I do not want that.
Who gives a fuck? You do you.
>>
>>16995534
Well ok.
But still, I will have no one to practice Spanish with if I lose contact with my friend. If that happens, I have no idea how I can maintain my current level of Spanish. I am not into Spanish pop culture.
>>
>>16995492
Brandon pls went and stay went
>>
>>16995550
what?
>>
pick whatever you want
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.