[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to break up a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: kandinsky.jpg (18 KB, 380x221) Image search: [Google]
kandinsky.jpg
18 KB, 380x221
i dont want to do it for petty reasons, but i really want to break up my sister's relationship. her boyfriend's 19, she's nearly 22. she mentioned beating him up once at a gig which i kind of let slide but today she told me she punches him in the face and he flinches when she gets close to him sometimes. i can't stop thinking about it i feel all fucked up inside, i don't know the guy well but i feel so sorry for him and want him to get away from my sister. i think he really likes her though.
so what do i do? approach him? approach her? i have mentioned a few times that she should break up with him when she complains about him but i've never seriously sat down with her, and she's notoriously unreliable and never does things she should do (eg. break up with this fucking guy)

what do /adv/
>>
If you're able to then you should talk to your sister about this. She should know that violence like that is extremely bad in any relationship. If you can convince her this is wrong it will make all the difference in her future relationships and her life.

I have doubts she will listen to you though and if she doesn't then you go talk to the boyfriend. Because if she listens to you and STILL wants to hit him and finds this behavior ok then that will give you more incentive to talk to the BF and save him.

Some people will disagree with me and say let these people live their own lives and learn from their mistakes. I think stepping into other peoples lives can actually make a big difference and make this world a better place. So sorry.
>>
I'm thinking talk to him. Say she hits him regularly and logically he's going to hit her back at some point, then it's over for him probably. What kind of way is that to live, flinching and shit.
>>
i'm the most lost i've been in a while

my ex and my best friend secretly fucked multiple times behind my back. i'v been together with her for a year.

her reasoning is i had been cold to her because apparently i was treating her like shit and being cold not responsive to her. she thought i was about to break up with her
i wasn't. i was just depressed

they saw 4 times in 3 week period. i've read their chat logs. they conversed that they what they were doing was horrible and expressed regret and hatred towards themselves

she is currently breaking down, freaking out, saying she doesn't deserve me and is begging me for forgiveness . she is threating to end herself and is cutting herself and shit

i've already beat the living shit out of this friend.
he's also cried to me out of guilt and forgiveness and claims he did it out of vulnerability because of how horrible he felt that his recent gf broke up with him.

she tells me she was vulnerable, blackout drunk, and weak everytime. he would enable her, manipulate he with affection and get her drunk.

i've never had this happen. i'm confused.

i still love her as an individual. she's the closest person i have. and i'm the closest person she has. these are facts

i hate the fact that she is still my 'distant partner' for the time being as i'm figuring out what to do

i don't know what to do
i'm so confused
can this be salvaged???
>>
>>16995588
>>16995603
my sister's all kinds of crazy (personality disorders, depression, possible/probable autism) so i'm thinking my best bet is to talk to him too. problem is they live together in a house my mum owns so he's kind of relying on her for a place to live i think. fuck i dunno. what's the best way to talk to him without her knowing? i've got his number so i was thinking i could text him that i want to talk and then pick him up and go somewhere but i don't know.
>>
>>16995728
should probably start your own thread for this but while you're here, you need to break up with her and cut contact with your best friend. it will be incredibly painful losing two people at once, but this isn't something you can just get over. you'll feel resentment towards them both and your relationship will eventually be destroyed by it anyway so save time and cut ties now.
>>
>>16995728
>she is threating to end herself and is cutting herself and shit
Whoa. Hold it, right there.

The things she was saying rang true up until that point, but her fatal mistake was making the threat. Suicidally guilty people don't do that. The ones who think they won't deserve you will let you go without a fight. To their minds, it's just what they deserve. It only makes them more miserable, but this is why you often hear depression referred to as a spiral. It's ironic, but the ones who DON'T make the threat are the ones you have to worry about. They are the ones in danger of death. Not the ones who put on these dramatic displays.

She will live if you leave, OP: she's got too much fight in her to lay down and die. And leave, you must. It sounds like she put on one hell of good performance, but it's an act: anything to manipulate you into staying. You must not fall for it. This is a form of abuse. It will only get worse if you stay.

I am sorry. I know how it feels to be betrayed, and I can only imagine how much worse it must feel with something like this following on. But she is pulling one of the oldest tricks in the book.

There was an incident on here a few weeks ago that I should tell you about. Someone who made these threats took the charade to some very dangerous lengths. She picked a method with a long time delay, then arranged for her ex (and only her ex) to find her before time was up. This probably will not happen to you, but if it does, you must not be swayed. You should intervene to save her, of course, but make certain that an ambulance and police are on their way. Tell them your ex-girlfriend tried to kill herself (leave out the rest of the story; it's unnecessary for this purpose). This will trigger certain legal proceedings that may well get her the help she needs, and will at the absolute least teach her not to try this on you again. She needs help even if she doesn't go this far, but that goes double when people start pulling this shit.
>>
>>16995449

Here's the thing - if you're not in the relationship, you can't force it to end.

You can do all that you can to educate your sister, to make her aware of the situation, but there's not much you can do to make her stop being with him. She has to make that choice.

Also, therapy sounds good for your sister if she's not getting that already.
>>
>>16997049
yeah i've been thinking about it more and that's true. i spoke to her today and said she needed to break up with him and she said she'd stop being horrible (not likely). i guess i'll just talk to her bf at some point and let him know it's okay to leave her and he doesnt have to stay if she's hurting him, and i'll be willing to help him out.

she's been in therapy for years but she hasn't improved
>>
>>16995728

Fuckin cuck kill yourself
>>
>>16998485
shut up you meme faggot
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.