[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you explain being NEET for 2 years in an interview?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1458429812241.jpg (253 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1458429812241.jpg
253 KB, 1102x967
How do you explain being NEET for 2 years in an interview?

I feel like I've been unemployed for so long I've been blacklisted and job seeking has become completely pointless. I've no hope left
>>
Depends on why you were a NEET
>>
>>16995014

I've been actively trying to find a job for the past ~21 months without success

Travelled for 3 months before that
>>
>>16995015
Is there any reason why you didn't take up a wageslave job in the meantime?
>>
Tell em' that, and now you're friends are telling you you're out of you're fucking mind. Sit up straight, talk proper and be white and I guarantee they'll take you serious.

>I'm not racist I'm just giving this dude the straightdope on born being priviledged.
>>
>>16995018

I have no qualifications past high school and practically no experience

I've been applying for literally every job I have any chance for, including berry picking, without any success. Rejected from McDonald's, big warehouses, you name it.

5 employment agencies, 4 separate job sites that I check listings for daily.

19/20 jobs I don't even get a rejection reply.

I was on it all day every day for the first 6-8 months and since then my motivation has been in free fall.

I feel absolutely worthless now, more than I ever have in my life. I'm on the brink of homelessness.

I've applied to literally every no experience/entry job in and out of my city to the point where I can just apply to the 1 or 2 new listings each day now.
>>
>>16995028
Damn, man. I got my first job at a temp agency for a food factory. Temp agencies (or at least the one I applied at) didn't care abiut job experience. They just care that you have a diploma and you own a car.
>>
>>16995028

You sound like me when I was 18. I was a stupid shitbag. Now I'm just a shitbag. I'm half kidding. Look I'm borderline retarded and at the same time smart as fuck when I get a chance to remember shit.

If you're kind of the same you can try the military. I did that and handled it. I have two things that brought me through though...

1). I have a unbelievably strong work ethic and sense of conviction that makes me try as hard as I can even if it kills me.

2). I want to die because fuck life and fuck the planet and so dying for my country would be a blessing.

If none of those apply to you I suppose forget this post.
>>
>>16995030

Tried them and nothing stuck longer than a week or 2.

I swear I work my hardest but I'm so skinny and tired now from lack of food none of the labour jobs take me seriously.

I don't have a license. Want to but I can't afford it
>>
>>16995033

Our military has 6 month + waiting times just for basic roles

I applied to the army 4 months ago and haven't heard back since I sent more details requested
>>
>>16995038

>I applied to the army 4 months ago and haven't heard back since I sent more details requested

I'm sure you know what you're talking about but shit man, how did you apply?. I walked into a recruiter's office one day and couldn't shake these faggots. They wouldn't quit hassling me about joining because they work on quotas. I like a dumbass did it, and had the most memorable wonderful experience of my life (at the same time it sucked balls).
>>
>>16995042

Totally different here. Budget cuts every year and they're having get rid of people, not recruit them.
>>
>>16995045

Damn, but you actually walked into a recruiter's office?
>>
>>16995048

I mean I heard the military is cutting back now but fuck. I joined around 2002 or so. You need to do something man. Have you tried Marines and Navy also? NAVY should get you in? with all that shit going on in China and Russia they got to want people.
>>
>>16995035
Idk what I can tell ya, man. Labor jobs is all that's out there if you have no job experience. The only thing I can think of is trying to work at a gas station.
>>
>>16995033
I also did the military, 9 years in air force joined in 2007. i too have a strong work ethic. but watch out, you end up doing all the work if your that way because work will gravitate to you the resident expert.. in other words the more time that goes by the more shit you're dabbling in trying to figure out.. oh and leadership knows the job sucks so they keep pumping you up and saying you're all doing great, keep doing what you do best. bullshit the best jobs in the military go to the officers who dabble in statistics and metrics and have daily meetings all the time. okay so think an office job is better maybe? sometimes. same shit, you'll get buried in paper work and the more weeks that go by the more behind you get and before you know it you're avoiding certain work/paperwork so you can do your work that matters. then you inherit 5/6 troops to supervise in these small units that downsize cause of freaking cuts so now you become responsible for the f ups of 5 people. fuck that. ima get a it degree and get a fucking better job. to me you shouldn't have to push yourself and go extra lenghts that 99% of americans don't go to in a job. thats why the military is 1% of the US pop. there are some sweet jobs in the air force though but those only last 8-10 months before you get moved again.your sweet work gig? goes away with some time.. i got my post 911 education benefits and been saving all my money for the whole 9 years i was in. i'm well off at the moment. plenty of time and money to spare even have some family i'm with now. so to wrap it up the military is Okay but not worth working for that retirement. by the time you retire you'll have worked you ass off so hard that the work you had to make happen isn't worth those big benifts and money they pay you.. better to enjoy your late 20s i say
>>
I've been a neet for almost 10 years. I got a degree, worked for about 10 years after i got out of college. Basically, my job drove me insane, made me miserable, and i didn't even make any fucking money. I was broke all the damn time, then I figured, well shit I don't have to have a job to be broke. So i guess i just had a peter gibbons type moment, quit my job, sat at home with my mom all fucking day.

Even though it kinda sucks, i'm still way happier than when I was working. Turns out, it isn't much fun working your ass off for some company that doesn't give a shit about you, while you make jack shit and they make millions off your work.

I've gone on job interviews occasionally, if they ask what i've been doing for the passed 10 years, I just shrug and say, "I Dunno."

I am being truthful after all. Needless to say none of these places hired me.
>>
>>16995091

That's great if you have a mum to put food on the table but I'm literally starving. My health is visibly deteriorating from my situation and I don't have a support system.

Glad you've found some comfort though, genuinely. I just don't have a choice other than death
>>
>>16995122

What zip code are you in? there must be a homeless shelter or "churches" around.

I put t he "churches" in quotes because where there is a church you're very likely to get "help". Not sure if you have to suck a pastor's dick or not. I'm not trying to turn this into /b/ but a church might be your last chance.

Go there beg for help and explain. If they can't help you, you might have to murder someone to steal their shit to stay alive bro. Good luck.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.