[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have been the funny guy my whole life whenever i open my mouth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1459751865500-710613178.jpg (150 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459751865500-710613178.jpg
150 KB, 1600x1200
i have been the funny guy my whole life

whenever i open my mouth to say something i am expected to say something funny
from my peers to my past and present educators i have been the funny guy
but i loathe myself and it is beginning to show
i only have a genuine laugh or two every couple of months
people have started to ask what's wrong
so i say something stupid or whatever and they laugh or smirk or something and drop it
i know they don't want to actually hear what's wrong and even if they did want to i wouldn't be able to tell them because i don't even know what's wrong
and so i continue to be the COMEDY MASTER and no one seems to suspect a thing
i'm really starting to hate seeing their stupid little faces perk up whenever i raise my hand to answer in class, they look back and start to grin prematurely before i even say anything
honestly i don't know where this is going
mostly just venting i guess

tl;dr whiney depressed shmuck
>>
File: emerald-02.jpg (107 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
emerald-02.jpg
107 KB, 1200x1200
Polish some of the other facets of your personality.
>>
a little vague but i guess this is the best answer there is
>>
At least people hold you to high standards senpai

Realistically would you rather be someone that people will remember, or some faggot people will laugh at in 10 years

I was the comedian to, and the best moments of highschool were me being the funny kid and fucking around having a good time.

Cherish it man, you'll look back and just remember how good it really was.
>>
>>16994701
>i have been the funny guy my whole life
Ok.

>whenever i open my mouth to say something i am expected to say something funny
Ok. They just think that's what you like to do.

>from my peers to my past and present educators i have been the funny guy
Ok.

>but i loathe myself and it is beginning to show
Why? What reason would you have to do something like that?

>i only have a genuine laugh or two every couple of months
Hmm. Well, that's pretty bad. Why?

>people have started to ask what's wrong
Ok.

>so i say something stupid or whatever and they laugh or smirk or something and drop it
>i know they don't want to actually hear what's wrong and even if they did want to i wouldn't be able to tell them because i don't even know what's wrong
You are supposing they don't care,but that's not necessarily true at all. You should try to talk with them, in particular with people with you are close with.

>and so i continue to be the COMEDY MASTER and no one seems to suspect a thing
Bad thing. Seriously. Try to talk with someone, instead. Maybe also a professional.

>i'm really starting to hate seeing their stupid little faces perk up whenever i raise my hand to answer in class, they look back and start to grin prematurely before i even say anything
Again, that's bad. Really bad. They like you, but they would like you even if you would not make jokes 100% of the times. It's how majority of them behave, anyway, I guess. You are stressing and almost poisoning yourself this way for no reason.

>honestly i don't know where this is going
If you go on like that, in deep shit. Talk with someone and don't be scared to just be yourself. You don't have to fake anything, why the hell would that be a good thing?
>>
>>16994701
>>16995913
2/2

>mostly just venting i guess
A good thing to do, but only if you don't do that just here.

>tl;dr whiney depressed shmuck
Nah, it's fine not feeling 100% in ultra good mood all the time. That's not "whiney", it's quite normal.

Anyway, let's try to be sure everything is covered and fine ad much as possible.

Are you feeling bad for being the "funny guy"?
If that's the case, there is not a reason to be. Being funny does not mean that's the only thing people know or like about you, it's just a plus you can sometimes enjoy. No reason to feel any pressure, actually. Be funny when you feel like being funny, otherwise fuck it, who cares!

If that's not the case, and you are just feeling bad, talk with someone. Yes, again. With as much people you can. There will be people who will care, trust me. You could have depression, and then you have to deal with it with a professional right fucking now. It's serious bad stuff you need to work on immediately.
>>
>>16995917
Anyway, be safe, dude. And try to feel good with yourself and the others.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.