[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have your relationships started? Does there need to be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1
File: 1459683267260.jpg (72 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
1459683267260.jpg
72 KB, 640x428
How have your relationships started?

Does there need to be a special moment?
A magical date?
Or do you just spend enough time together doing everyday shit that you just get addicted to each other?
>>
From my experience it started from casual talking and having one thing in common. I talked to her like a normal human being and we just hit it off.
>>
The start of a relationship is as overrated as virginity
>>
>>16994574
So you just started having interesting conversations and then sex happened? There must be a few few steps in between.
>>
>>16994566
Met on okcupid. We get along fine but being so forward from the outset kind of took the spice out of things?

I really like knowing them for a while first and being friends or at least good acquaintances. I don't think there really has to be any moment or a ceremonious occasion. it just happens
>>
Met in school through a mutual friend
Became friends
Became close friends
Became absolute best friends
Became couple
>>
>>16994566

its different for everyone. my recent experience was

>go to no pants train ride
>see a qt with button up shirt and a tie tucked into her panties
>we check each other out during the ride
>end up at the same bar afterwards
>comes up and introduces herself
>ask her to dance

we hung out once every week or two after that, but i wanted to see more of her so decided to make it official. asked her to go on a date saturady (was specific about the wording). she said yes, so i told her were going to a nice restaurant at the beach at sunset. she knew what was gonna happen at this point.

took her on the ferris wheel on the pier afterward and said i had to ask her something, she said 'go ahead and ask me'. so i did, and she said yes. it was great.

we walked down the beach by the pier and a street performer above started playing 'just the way you are' by bruno mars, and she got real excited cuz i sing that to her all the time.

shes great, but unfortunately only here for a year on scholarship.
>>
All of the above and more
>>
We met in class, and it went from there. It helps when you both have similar interests.
>>
Here are all of mine:

>Friend confesses crush to me one night over skype
>Someone flirts with me as a joke but it quickly escalates
>Hang out with friend, he just leans over and says "I'm going to kiss you goodnight".
>Invite lab partner back to my place because roommates are having party, he misses his last bus home so he just stays in my room and we make out all night
>Meet guy from other country online, jokingly say "haha, you should fly over and come see me" and he buys a plane ticket.
>Looking for my class in college, guy offers to help me. Turns out I was looking at the wrong day and don't have class for two hours. We go for a walk through the woods.
>Sitting at a table studying, some guy at another table is staring at me. He comes over and we talk.
>>
>>16995484

Guessing all these guys were good looking.
>>
>>16995484
Sloot detected
I'm gonna fuck you for the best revenge
>>
>>16995490

The first four weren't, once I actually spent some time in college I realized I could do a lot better.

>>16995509

I've only slept with two of these people desu
>>
>>16994566
Met online. Talked tons. He made me laugh and we could talk all day.
He visited me after a few weeks. We kissed at the train station.
He asked me to be his gf after a year we met.
6+ years later, we're engaged and live together.
>>
>friends
>later on become really good friends
>hang out 24/7
>talk every day
>after 1 year we are officially in a relationship
>>
Reading this thread, I realised a lot of people tend to become "girlfriend boyfriend" after around a year. Is this the average?
>>
>>16995681
I am >>16995524
We decided to not become gf/bf till we moved closer, because we both didn't believe in long distance stuff.
When we started dating in person, it took us 5 or 6 weeks before becoming gf/bf.
>>
Tequila
>>
>>16995484
>lab partner
i've heard of a ridiculous number of relationships starting from this whole "lab partner" thing, what exactly does it even mean

what kind of bio/chem/etc lab system do you have in britain or whatever country that manages to create such massive sexual tension
>>
>>16995484
>>Looking for my class in college, guy offers to help me. Turns out I was looking at the wrong day and don't have class for two hours. We go for a walk through the woods.
kek, sounds like the setup to a skinwalker story
>>
>>16994775
She is going back to Brazil right? I saw your story in another thread. You had a good outlook from what I remember. Good work anonykun
>>
Just talked all day for days.
>>
>>16995690

How far away did you live from each other, anon?
>>
>>16995753
3 hours by car, but we were fairly young (15-17 when we met, he moved here when he turned 18) and we couldn't meet that often.
>>
first bf
>we were in the same classes
>i made the first move
>flirted around together
>he asks me out on v-day
>end up spending everyday together
>but he started getting commitment issues for some reason; he felt like he was obligated to marry me or something
a year and a half later, i broke up with him because he started cheating on me and was possessive and crazy

second bf
>apparently he liked me for a long time (2 years... and i didn't know he existed)
>as soon as i broke up with ex, second bf started making moves
>i flirt back and heavily imply that i like him too
>he asks me out after a few weeks
>even though it's clear he really liked me, he was extremely sporadic in spending any time with me
>also kept "hiding" me or himself in front of people we knew... basically trying to keep us a secret
after 9 months, when he wouldn't make things official and kept "hiding" me, i broke up with him. also i found out he was using tinder behind my back lol. but we ended it on good terms anyway because at least he wasn't crazy.

third/current bf
>be on tinder for an ego boost, thanks to ex
>match a qt who really resembled this guy i knew in the military (who i had a thing for, but it didn't work out between us due to him moving around a lot)
>he was very depressed and going through some hard times and would message me every night
>i felt bad and kept trying to cheer him up and he'd always be thankful for me to listen
>after about a couple months of talking on tinder/text, he admits he has feelings for me
>we finally meet up around the 3rd month
>he starts talking about me to everyone he knew and people kept egging him to "go for it" since it was apparent that i make him very happy
>around the 4th time i met him, he started introducing me as his gf
11 months now, we talk every day and can't wait to see each other every time.
>>
I'm still with my first girlfriend.
Our relationship went really fast, but that's because we met every single day for many hours.

Met her when I was 18, dating for 4 years now.

We both met online.

> send long messages each day to each other. Not the usual "lel haha so funny XDDD" shit
> she invites me to a small concert
> we both meet and go there
> silence doesn't feel awkward, we both enjoy it
> spend the night listening to some nice music
> I take her hand by saying I want to "see if you're cold"
> she blushes full red, but grabs my hand aswell, we sit like that for the entire concert
> meet the next day again, walk around the city, go to the park
> not a single awkward moment in all of 7 hours of the 2nd date
> go out again
> and again
> a week later we are having a picnic
> she licks my cheek
> we share a small kiss together, which ends up being a big kiss by people who don't know what they're doing
> bump teeth constantly, I keep taking in her long hair and gagging. laugh it off together
> 2 weeks in, we met for every single day for atleast 4 hours each day
> sometimes for over 12 hours
> a month later I tell her I love her
> we cuddle alot, she sleeps over for the first time
> we have sex for the first time in our life
> start living together after 3 months of relationship

It just happened. In a way we became boyfriend and girlfriend after the first week or so. I didn't say I love her sooner because I was afraid to scare her off, but it seems she herself wanted to say it sooner. She was also afraid that I will think she's some cheap girl or something.

Relationships just happen. You simply start feeling really good with the person, it becomes comfortable to be with said person if you're talking non-stop, or if you're both silent.
>>
>>16994566
I asked her a little bit more then year from now, if we could learn together for our physic exam. We had chatting for a month before or so. We have not learnt a damn thing and failed both but had a long conversation. Two days later i kissed her, from this day on i've never loved a women more and i still do.
>>
>>16994566
All my relationships started with me having a female friend who later crushes on me.
>>
>>16995744

yep, thats me. she goes back in september. excited to spend the summer with her.

we gonna hike everywhereeee
>>
My experience was not magical.
We were in high school. I was super straight forward and asked him out twice, almost a year apart. Got rejected twice, then he asked me out over text while he was on vacation. We've been together ever since. 3 years and counting. Best and only relationship
>>
>all these relationships that start with "talking for hours everyday"
>can't even handle talking 5 minutes with a girl without running out of things to say

Oh well
>>
>>16997024
This
>>
>>16994577
Only to people who haven't been in a relationship or lost their virginity. You have to understand that we haven't been in that kind of situations so we don't know anything, everything is new to us.
>>
My current relationship is the first I've had since 8 years ago when I was a teenager.

We met through OKC after chatting a lot on there and on whatsapp. First date was incredibly awkward for the most part. We just met somewhere that was easy for us to get to, but had almost no thought for what to do other than "we'll find somewhere" so we pretty much just got lost and settled for some dinky little pub on a corner, where I ate a burger in front of her and she kept insisting she wasn't hungry.
What kept it interesting was that we were still able to have great conversations, and we were totally open with how socially retarded we are when it comes to this stuff. If we couldn't laugh at the issue then I don't think it wouldve been very pleasant and it wouldn't last.

After that we had some more dates just getting lost and choosing random places to eat and drink and chat. We didn't kiss until the 4th date.

Then I moved out of my parents house and she came round and that was the first time we got properly physical. We were dating for 5 months in total before we decided we were actually a couple.
All in all, no real 'magic' moment but I always knew she was someone I could get along with. The real romancey stuff came later, after the mutual awkwardness and endless worrying.
>>
>>16997024
the first five minutes are the hardest doe. once the convo gets flowin it can last for hours senpai
>>
>>16995729
Different anon here, thinking back to undergrad, should've tried to get with the cute Indian girl who was my matsci lab partner. Oh well
>>
>>16994574
Why do people continue to give tripe advice like this? Literally nothing helpful or worthwhile, just "i dunno worked for me".
>>
>>16997130
>We met through OKC after chatting a lot on there and on whatsapp.
So basically you chatted with people on OKC until you found one where there was mutual interest, then kept talking a lot and eventually went on a date?

I'm trying to stop being foreveralone and that honestly sounds really nice to me, getting comfortable with the person first before moving on to actual dating. I checked r/okcupid to see if there was anything useful but it seems like they are halfway to redpiller status, things like "if you haven't asked her on a date by the 2nd message then you're doing it wrong". Good to hear success stories for other ways of going about it.
>>
>>16997024
been there aswell, probably have aspergers though, but I have had a good relationship lately

heres what you can do:
talk to a girl you are not attracted to and do things on a friendship level, if you got that down you can at some point try to pick up a girl, online dating is fine, parties of friends are the best opportunities.
For me in online dating, the texting is a completely new thing and it took me at least 2 active years to get dates on a regular basis.
>>
>Met at a new years party
>He thought my brother was my boyfriend
>awkward.jpg
>see him again at a birthday hosted by the same person
>brother wasn't invited that time
>He now knew I was single because I had tried dating another person from said New years party, didn't work out but we still get along fine
>Hung out with me all night
>Listened to music on the stairs
>Made out
>Shared a double bed and talked till 4am
>drove me to work and bought me breakfast
>kissed him goodbye
>date non-exclusively for a couple weeks
>We're getting along really well
>Tells me that if I want him to stop seeing other girls, he will
>think about it
>Decide yeah, I'm ready for this to be a proper thing
>make it facebook offical a couple days later
>tfw he introduces me to his parents as his girlfriend
>Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>16997361
not the guy you are replying to, but OKC is great in that regard.

Answer a lot questions and you will find that chicks with a high match%(say 80+%) most of the time share some interests and you can probably get a reply if you message them something honest.

Those chicks at around 90+% almost guaranteed have chemistry with you, if you manage to get a date.

From there on, ask your male friends what to keep in mind and what to do, especially those that invested a lot of time
>>
>>16997534
Thanks, good to know. Not sure how far I would get given my main interests are /g/ + /mlp/ shit, but hey, I figure there must be women with similarly weird-ass hobbies out there somewhere if I look hard enough.
>>
>>16994566

There is no "magical date", you'll just want to spend most of your time w/her, and she w/you.

A good relationship is based on a core of friendship, w/sex on top.

You're going to be talking to this person for years, so how you get along as people is of utmost importance.
>>
>>16997621
you can search for tags, definitely have ancountered a female profile with mlp on there think the link would be http://www.okcupid.com/search?query=mlp or whatever you look for
>>
>>16997154
Even when we're both boring with routine lives and generic opinions?
What do people even talk about for that long?
>>
>>16997502
>talk to a girl you are not attracted to and do things on a friendship level, if you got that down
Any tips on this. I know it's basic but this is the limits of my ability.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.