[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons,a brother needs advice. Tl;dr Girlfriend's period
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1431192775084.gif (427 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
1431192775084.gif
427 KB, 266x200
Anons,a brother needs advice.
Tl;dr Girlfriend's period is 13 days late,didn't happen at all last month,should've been around 23 March but nada.
We took a test on 30 because we were already worried and it came out negative.
But she still isn't on her period yet and I'm starting to worry. I know it's possible for a woman to miss a period completely,unrelated to pregnancy and she has been under ALOT of stress lately and even though she says that she feels like she isn't prego,she still is scared by her lack of period?
I can't be a daddy,not yet..We used a condom too,didn't break,put it on alright...So what the fuck is going on ?!?
>>
if she took a test and it came back negative it probably is
have her take another one

there's a lot of reasons why she would be missing her period, stress can be a factor in that

have her go to the obgyn
>>
>>16994565
Periods are typically every 28 days but can go as far as 45 without being considered abnormal. If she's stressed, overweight or has some underlying issues, she will have abnormal periods. Worrying about being pregnant certainly isn't going to help her get it any faster. I had similar issues with my guy early on in our relationship. The time between my periods suddenly got very long, but a mix of being overweight, stress, and poor diet threw everything off balance. I was almost on the verge of having endometriosis and was later diagnosed with PCOS.

If she's pregnant, then talk about your options. It'll make it easier to face and reduce stress, likely inducing a period.
>>
>>16994565
You're safe. Seriously, stop worrying.
>>
>>16994575
>>16994585
>>16994613
jesus where do you people get your information

pregnancy tests can have false negatives, but almost never false postitives. they measure a hormone that is produced only during pregnancy. in the early stages, there may not be much of the hormone in her urine. wait another five days and test again. if she still hasn't gotten by the 14th or so, test again. if both are negative, go to the obgyn.they can do a blood test. she could be as little as a week pregnant given the dates, and it often takes 2-5 weeks for it to show up on a pregnancy test.
>>
>>16994641
Experience and a lot of health journals.
>>
>>16994565
KEKED
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>16994641
But she hasn't experienced ANY symptoms of early pregnancy,no breast tenderness,no cramps,no nausea,no gas,not even the so called "insemination pain" and she has been very attentive,watching for any symptom and just like her period,nada. But I have miscounted,counting from the start of her period instead of the end,so it's been only a couple of days over 28 and her cycle is extremely irregular,sometimes at the start of the month and sometimes at the end. And this past month she has been under TONS and I mean TONS of stress,having some important exams,her father undergoing spinal surgery,she even went back on taking medication after a long break. Plus we used a condom,which I water-tested afterwards.
>>
>>16994768
Oh and she had taken plan b before her last period,I know that can heavily influence cycle too
>>
>>16994641
>pregnancy tests can have false negatives, but almost never false positives.

Wrong. The test is extremely sensitive and, therefore, prone to false positives. Just because the test looks for hCG doesn't mean something else can't cause a false positive. With test skewing, what matters is the sensitivity of the test, not what is being measured.

The test was formulated so that if there was any chance a woman was pregnant, the test would let her know. If the test is negative, either you have a broken applicator or you are in the clear.

Don't be talking down to people when you don't know how to properly assess a test yourself. Just because you know how some modern pregnancy tests work does not mean you know how the test skews.

>>16994768
Symptoms of pregnancy vary from woman to woman. Some women don't really get any of the negative symptoms, and some women feel like they're dying. Don't think that she'll magically know when she's pregnant or have some pre-defined , obvious symptoms.

That being said, it sounds like she's under stress and is irregular to begin with. I think you're worrying about this a bit too much.

>>16994781
Why did she take a plan b? Have you had sex since the plan b?
>>
>>16994845
I too believe or want to believe she missed a month from stress but still...I tend to be in very pessimistic and see the worst outcome as the most possible one,which Is also why I made her take plan B although it may have not been the case. And yes,we have had sex after taking the pill..but that's after she had her period so quite a while after taking the pill
>>
>>16994845
But how viable is it for her to have missed a month due to large ammounts of stress?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.