[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i deal with the guilt of breaking a woman's heart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1457081115438.jpg (26 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1457081115438.jpg
26 KB, 534x401
How do i deal with the guilt of breaking a woman's heart
>>
In what way? Breaking up with her or telling her you aren't interested? Need more info.
>>
>>16994299

Being a douchebag and making her go away.
>>
Apologize.
>>
>>16994302

You like her? Care about her?
>>
I also have this question.

She won't allow me to confront her, but more than dealing with guilt, I just want closure. I treated her so poorly because she started treating me poorly, but she was still hurt from the first time. She began caring more and did so much for me. I loved her, and still do. I sat a foot away from her for 4 hours yesterday, but could say nothing. Others were there, people who don't like me, or me talking to her.

I just feel horrible, and I can't cope, and I don't know how to resolve this..
>>
>>16994293
dont even worry about it, she was probably cheating on you anyway
>>
>>16994293
>>16994410
As someone who is usually the "breaker", y'all need to know that first and foremost: It is not easy and it never will be, nor should it be.

With that said and done, eat your emotions and just try to be a good a human being as possible to her. Don't be mean, don't take back anything you may have said or felt while you were together (the good stuff that is), this is someone you genuinely were interested in and saw something. Just because you may not be able to hold a long term romance with them doesn't invalidate any of that.

What I specifically do is tell them that they can feel free to call or talk to me at any point about anything, no judgement. Explaining that I do still feel some responsibility for their happiness and desire to be a good person to them, but for X reason the relationship won't work. If they want to call and vent, so be it, no judgement. Otherwise, say that you'll be going ghost from them for about a month to let the emotions die down, and to encourage them to also take a healthy break during this time to help cope.
Check up on them after the month to see if they're still O-K. Then you're pretty much done.

If they get -ABSOLUTELY- ridiculous with you, non-stop calling, attempts to actually harm you in some way, and so on are things you DO NOT have to deal with. At that point its block and walk.

So long as you genuinely act in the best interest of the other person, your conscious will relax with you in good time.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.