[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I wanna ask this girl out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: bored11111.png (106 KB, 233x273) Image search: [Google]
bored11111.png
106 KB, 233x273
Okay, so at the risk of getting made fun of I figured I'd ask random people on the internet about this. The long and short of it is: I wanna ask this chick out, but I quite literally have zero experience with women. Some context

I used to work with this girl, and I really liked her. Never worked up the courage to ask her out. On friday out of the blue I see her and we have a short conversation. She SEEMS into me (She approached me, I didn't even see her).

Like I'm almost sure if I asked her out she would say yes, but the thing that scares me is 1) I really like this girl, like I could see myself marrying this chick 2)I cannot stress enough that I have zero experience. I am a 29 year old virgin who hasnt even kissed a girl let alone had a girlfriend. So even if she does go out with me, I'm pretty sure I would either weird her out because I have no social skills or scare her off because I'm kinda boring and don't really know how to hold a conversation.
>>
All of the beta virgins always get this chick that it's into them magically, dude if you don't even have friends, no social experience...why would you want a girlfriend, even if you magically convince her, she is going to get bored.
>>
Like I've hung out with her before when we used to work together. Well not really. We've given each other lifts before (we both borrow cars from our parents on occasion). I was kind of surprised by how easy she was to talk to, but I don't think I can stretch that out to an entire evening.
>>
>>16994142

Huh. You know I'm not sure. I'm getting old now and I do want to settle down and have a family and some kids and all that good stuff. Plus I feel like a damn weirdo having no friends and close to no social experience.
>>
> I could see myself marrying this chick
Okay, first of all you need to remove this kind of idiotic thought from your head. You barely even know her, creating this imaginary person in your head will just be an obstacle to meeting the real girl.

About asking her out, the reason you're hesitant is that you're afraid of rejection. It's perfectly natural, being rejected feels like shit especially when you're already lacking confidence. But you need to realize that if you let that fear take hold of you, it will keep you from pursuing your dreams forever.

You have nothing to lose in asking her out, so just do it. Believe in yourself. If you do something stupid, just apologize and brush it off. Confidence is everything, and the only thing it takes to be confident is to make yourself feel confident. And if it doesn't work out with this girl, you tried your best and hopefully will know a bit more for when the next one shows up.
>>
>>16994142
Also this. Try to be her friend, dude. It's much easier to make a friend than a girlfriend and you typically don't have a girlfriend who isn't also your friend.
>>
>>16994142
This is fucking low energy trash OP, don't listen to him. No one fucking conquered the world in one day . Do it , your life could change tomorrow , and she might be able to introduce you into other thinks if she really likes you.
>>
>>16994180
Well, it is the truth, but maybe instead of girlfriend, maybe get some friends around you, "get interesting" and stuff like that, I didn't mean to say he has no fucking hope or something.
>>
>>16994217
I'm not saying he shouldn't get friends , but he's getting a pretty big way to break through here and he shouldn't just squander it because "oh well I didn't do other shit before ," you should be doing that now too OP
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.