[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I was about 8 my mother left me and my dad to run away with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cLf32pu.jpg (316 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
cLf32pu.jpg
316 KB, 2560x1600
When I was about 8 my mother left me and my dad to run away with her new lover. I lived alone with my dad for 2 years until the day he killed himself. After that I started living with my dad's sister and her family. They were wonderful people. I am 20 now and have just started my life, however recently I got call from my father's sister( who I consider to be my real mother) that my biological mother wants me to call her to rekindle our relationship. This is the first I have heard from her since she first left us. I hate to death but at the same time really want to see her again, if that makes any sense. Should I call her, I am so confused.
>>
Just have a conversation with her I think. You might regret not at least giving her a chance and just because you talk to her once doesn't mean you have to have her back in your life completely.
>>
I wouldn't. My dad left us when I was 1 for another woman and he kicked us out of the house. We had to live with my grandma and my mom worked 2 jobs. 10 years later he came back to see us said he was praying for us and he loves my sister and I but I told him that when we needed a loaf of bread he wasn't there and now that he needs me he wants to meet me. I told him he's a stranger to me and to have a good day. But I don't know how you feel so IDK.
>>
Talk to her. Lay it on her that you think of your aunt as your real mother, the person who supported you financially and emotionally.

She's fucked up, and hopefully realizes it by now. Be open, but be cautious.
>>
>>16993160

You're confused because you feel the need to win over her approval. That kind of shit just sneaks up on you, even if the parent is absolutely fucking horrible.

She may not have killed your father with her own hands, but she broke his heart and then left you behind. There was a lot of time in your life where she could have reached out. She's only choosing to do so now because she wants something, or life isn't satisfying to her. My younger brother and I went through something similar. I ended up with my mom but he was actually adopted out to an entirely new family. Our dad didn't reach out to us unless it was to stroke his ego.
>>
While tragedies like this are almost unforgivable, you have to realize that people change anon. You dont have to treat her like a mom, but at least find it in yourself to forgive and forget.
>>
Don't under any circumstances call her mom. Call her by her first name. She is essentially a stranger that fucked over you and your dad.
>>
My father left us when I was 2. I never knew if I wanted to meet him at all. But before I could even think about it, he died. All I have now is what ifs.

Cant tell you what to do, because I dont know what I would either. But I am thinking of finding people who knew him after he left to just get a jist of who he was.

Really depends on you, but life is short and you may regret not meeting her (on purpose) once she´s gone.
>>
My family immigrated from a third world country when I was about one. My grandpa has been sponsored to move. He would be able to move his immediate family over to the States as long as no one was married.

My mom was married to my dad and of course there was me. My dad (I realize now) did the honorable thing and divorced my mom so she and I could lead better lives in the States. I never got a chance to talk to him. I never met him. He died when I was a senior. If I could talk to him now, I'd thank the old man. When I was younger, I was so angry that he left, but now I understand.

What I'm saying is, give her a chance. Maybe she'll excise some guilt. I'm not saying have a relationship with her, but it might be good for you too - to have closure. I wish I had closure.
>>
>>16993247
Oh wow, I meant exorcize.
>>
I have decided to give her the a call, but to do so very cautiously. You guys have made me feel better about the decision. Thanks a lot guys it really did help a lot.
>>
File: 1457740817305.jpg (156 KB, 457x752) Image search: [Google]
1457740817305.jpg
156 KB, 457x752
>>16993160
>>
>>16993325
Your not >>16993325
She did remarry and then divorce and then re marry again.
>>
>>16993295
She wants something don't trust her
Money
They feeling of being loved
She left you as a kid come on
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.