[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday was Autism Awareness Day...the day when millions of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: stand-up-comedy-mic.jpg (41 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
stand-up-comedy-mic.jpg
41 KB, 600x334
Yesterday was Autism Awareness Day...the day when millions of people are asked if they're aware of their autism.

So, /adv/, was that funny? Doing open mic standup tonight and still unsure.
>>
It depends on your timing. Us just reading your jokes off a screen isn't going to tell you whether you're funny or not
>>
I dont know man. Honestly one of the saddest moments in my life is when my autistic little brother was 3 years old and he pulled down his pants in front of all my friends and said "Look a butt!" to try and be funny. Someone in the group said "its all fun and games till the autistic kid shows up" which really cut deep. Like he's never gonna be normal. Gotta be careful with your phrasing.
>>
>>16992785

If a non-autisic kid did that I don't think I'd think anything of it. 3 year olds are fucking retarded. Sucks that someone present was a huge douche, but...they were a douche.
>>
>>16992822
Yeah I suppose. He had shit all over his ass and it was birthday party so there were like 30 people there. Was really sad/embarassing.
>>
>>16992728 Listen up fuck bag! I find you I'm gonna chop your balls off. Its douchebags like you that make fun of autism that deserve to be pushed into a pool full of razor blades. Asshole!
>>
>>16994048
cant tell if serious.

ppl on this site are always using autistic as a slur, but you decide to go off on this one dude specifically? or am i just missing the times when u call others out too?
>>
I have an autistic brother. I wish people would stop making jokes about the condition. he is very suicidal from bullying at school.
>>
No. Learn to stand-up and funny. You're trying too hard to compensate for the fact that you're not funny.
>>
>>16994061
Two autistic brothers here. Very difficult. Even my friends use it all the time, really bothers me. Toddler years are so challenging.
>>
File: 1386920950689.png (541 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1386920950689.png
541 KB, 720x1280
>>16992728

>So, /adv/, was that funny?

No. No it wasn't. No part of that was even remotely humorous. You basically said, "Hey yesterday was autism awareness day and some people are autistic."

Not to mention the fact that autism being hilarious is almost certainly an exclusively 4chan thing. Shit, I'm from 4chan and that wasn't funny.

So, no. If you thought for a second that was funny you're going to bomb. Hard.
>>
>>16994058 I'm actually new to this app. This is the first person on this one I've called out. Ready to call all them out though.
>>
>>16994087
this, op
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.