[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem. 40+ days ago I handed in my 30 days notice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 773x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 773x655
I have a problem. 40+ days ago I handed in my 30 days notice to leave my apartment. Since that time the landlord got fired and apparently has been impossible to reach. The new landlord told me that they never received my 30 days notice and the company might want to charge me for an extra month of rent because they had no idea I was moving. I am now settled into my new place and can't afford to be paying a months rent for a place I'm not living in. This doesn't seem right or legal and I did what was in my power and what I was told to let them know I was planning to move. Is it possible for them to charge me even though it's 0% my fault? Should I seek a lawyer? What should I do?
>>
>>16992513

call them and explain the situation. record the call. record all calls. thats a thing.

say
>i gave my 30 days notice
>you guys fired the landlord
>its not my fault she/he did not pass that information along to you
>but considering she/he got 'fired' im not surprised they didnt bother going through the proper steps.
>im not paying

not much they can do. truth is many people move and never even give a notice, and there isnt much the company can do about it. its worth more money than not to hunt you down most of the time.

if they do send some legal notice of payment, thats when you lawyer up.
>>
>>16992513
>>16992517

one note, if you can contact the original landlord and get a recording of him saying you did turn in the notice and he just didnt do his job, that'd help your case.

also, if you have your contract take a look at waht the legal deifnition of '30 days notice' is in that. as that could screw you over.
>>
>>16992521
This. Contact the original landlord and record the call.
>>
>>16992610
>>16992517
I just tried to contact the original landlord. Straight to voicemail. The new LL said they can't get ahold of her either. I left a voicemail describing my problem and recorded it. I have to thank you guys profusely for this help, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately the companies offices are closed because it's Sunday but I'll try tomorrow. To think this all started when I asked how much of my damage deposit I may be entitled to
>>
>>16992698

bleck, yeah if you stayed somewehre for more than 6 months i wouldnt bother trying to get a security deposit back.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.