[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucked up and got my gf of 5 months pregnant. We're both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: church-of-the-minorities-ii.jpg (392 KB, 1102x1280) Image search: [Google]
church-of-the-minorities-ii.jpg
392 KB, 1102x1280
Fucked up and got my gf of 5 months pregnant. We're both broke college students and realize that the smart and logical thing to do is get rid of it. We had talked about this situation before and agreed that's the route we would take if it happened, but now that its happened it's really hard to go through with it. We both want to keep it even though we know we shouldn't. Any advice?
>>
yeah, dont keep it
>>
>>16992216
your bed is made. enjoy the rest of your shitty life
>>
>>16992216

you can always have a baby later if you so choose. but you cant undo this baby when its in your life.

this would require you to drop out of college and work two really shitty jobs where you would virtually never see your child.
>>
>>16992216
Keep it. Your son/daughter will thank you in 20 years from now. You will thank yourself too. So what if you're broke. What is money compared with a life?

Go listen to Gomenesai Tatu Remix. If that doesn't help you with your decision then likely nothing will. Abortion is murder, plain and simple.
>>
>>16992236
>Throwing away one life with the excuse that you can just make another
Disgusting
>>
>>16992279
No, fuck you, you idealistic moron. For 2 broke students having a baby would only fuck up their lives and the baby's. They won't be able to focus on studies and getting a job would be infinitely harder. The baby's life right now is worth nothing, it's not a conscious being yet. They can have kids and enjoy the happiness it gives them later in life, having one now would only lead to misery.
>>
>>16992287
OP would be saving a life from a shitty broke existence.
>>
>>16992303
/thread
>>
>>16992299
An unborn child's life is worth the same as your life. Moreso in fact because it's not yet corrupted by your retarded worldly ideologies.

OP, worst case scenario money - wise, ask your/her parents for help or give it up for adoption.
>>
When I ended up getting pregnant, I had a very serious talk with my boyfriend. We looked at our life situation very thoroughly. What was our job situation? What was our housing situation? Were we able to live off of one income for a while, and/or were we able to find someone to take care of the kid while both worked? Would we be able to afford adding another person to the family? Were we happy with our relationship and feel like we could handle a lot of additional burden? Did we think ourselves mature enough people to take care of a child? Did we handle stress and arguments in a calm and mature way, and not take stuff out on each other when the going got tough? Did we even want a child?

We ended up keeping the kid, but we were also in an unusually good situation to be able to.

OP, this decision is between the two of you and nobody else. You have to put your emotions aside and think purely logically for a while. Then, once you've weighed the pros and cons logically, you can allow some emotional response. But you need to make sure you know what you're getting into, first.

A child is a bigger commitment than anything else. Bigger than a dog, bigger than a house, bigger than a marriage. A kid will also not save a relationship that is doomed.

This choice is yours and yours alone, and you should make it as thoroughly and as fast as possible. If you live in the US, there's tons of restrictions that only make it harder to get an abortion as each day passes.

Kids are hard, and your life will be hard because of the kid. I love my child to bits and he is an angel kid but he's still a stressor and things would have not worked out nearly as well if we weren't in the position we were in. But it can also be totally worth it if things work out. Only you two have an understanding of your situation and can make this decision.

Best of luck, OP, whatever you pick. I can hang out for a while and answer questions about parenting if you want.
>>
>>16992279
this.

I was in a similar situation. And i supported her decision.

It will live in the back of your head forever.
>>
>>16992341
Only if you're an ignorant and/or superstitious faggot.
>>
>>16992325
I want braindead pro-life retards to go. You haven't understood anything about life and the world as a whole. You're the one with the retarded ideologies, I only look at the issue rationally. You're throwing away your future, your partner's future and you're going to make a child grow up in a bad conditions for a being that's not even developed enough to realize it has been killed.
A fetus life does not matter in any way. Life is not inherently sacred. Go back to your local church and stop spewing your ignorant nonsense on the internet.
>>
>>16992378
what makes you right and someone else wrong and sounds like you are the one spewing venom.

Never been religious, gf got pregnant and we talked and the rational thing was to abort, she did and I paid. I sleep fine but she doesn't and find her crying occasionally. She forever wonders what the child would have been like. She didn't expect that though we both still agree it was the best for us.
>>
>>16992216
Who told you, you shouldn't? Are you egocentric, self-centered, narcissistic faggot or a decent human being?
>>
>>16992378
You sound like a very negative person. Not being religious or funny, but abortion is literally murder. You remind me of the idiots who deny the Holocaust.
>>
DON'T listen to any of these pro lifers, alright? If I were you I'd wait till I was more financially stable to have a kid, you still have a lot of time to prepare and give your future child an awesome home.

I love my mother to death and I'm so supportive of all she had to go through, she's had two abortions in her lifetime and the fact she decided to have me is great but if she decided not to, well, I guess I just wouldn't be here. And that's okay because my existence isn't as important to anyone else as it is to my parents. They waited to have a kid when they had a house and could provide and HELL having a kid is a HUGE responsibility and I can imagine it's only as emotionally taxing as it is rewarding.

The final decision is up to you too, if you decide to keep the baby I wish you all the luck in the world. There is no easy answer for an unplanned pregnancy.
>>
File: 1284090087514.png (182 KB, 1238x601) Image search: [Google]
1284090087514.png
182 KB, 1238x601
>>16992216
Afraid I don't have any advice for you, but your story does remind me of this glorious post from /tg/

I hope it warms your heart.
>>
>>16992438
this.

pro-life fags are as bad as religious nuts
>>
>>16992414
What do you mean what makes me right? I told you in that exact comment what makes me right. Here, I'll green text so it's easier to understand.
>have child when you don't have the means to raise it properly
>fuck up your future because you have to take raise a child
Seriously, do you people even realize how hard it is to raise a child, even for a family with good jobs and steady income? It's a huge burden and responsibility, 2 poor, young college student don't have the experience, maturity, time or money to raise a child properly.
>fuck up his future because you can't raise him properly
>all this because of stupid ideology

Now I can go on about why that ideology is stupid, but I don't have the patience for a proper explanation. Basically, life is very important, but as a whole, as an ecosystem, not as an individual. The life of a human doesn't matter one bit in the grand schema of things, especially of one that hasn't even been born. Objectively, it's worth very little. The reason why we think individual life matters stems from our emotions and from widespread ideologies that have little to do with the world we live in. So life is important only because we want it to be important.

As you said, people can get very upset about the loss of a life, even if it is an unborn child. Don't get me wrong, this is a very important matter to consider, but that's a different argument. Still, I think it's worth to be upset about the loss of an unborn child for some time, if that gives you a much better chance at having a good and healthy family that will bring you true happiness.

>>16992421
Yeah, that's a nice argument "abortion is murder, you must be terrible". I haven't heard that one before.
There is a huge difference between killing a fully developed, conscious person and killing a being that doesn't even understand what's happening.
I'm not negative, I'm mean, there's a difference. Get over it and consider what I'm saying, not how I'm saying it.
>>
>>16992438
>>16992448
>>16992460
Fucking hell, these atheist fags just won't shut up. No way you try to justify it, it's still murder. Book the child up for adoption if you can't financially support it, end off.
>>
You should probably have her get an abortion, yeah. Too many kids born to broke parents who won't stay together much longer anyway. You want your kids to have the best possible lives they can have. It requires money, and a lot more maturity than you have.

When you do have kids emphasize eating quality homecooked foods and read to them constantly.
>>
>>16992912
According to Merriam Webster, murder is "Killing a person"
Newborns aren't persons.
Abortion is not murder.

I know you're a troll btw.
>>
>>16992287
This to be honest

>>16992216
You're just a fucking Idiot Op

Just kill yourself and give your child your Life insurance.
>>
File: 1459191951103.png (413 KB, 822x630) Image search: [Google]
1459191951103.png
413 KB, 822x630
>>16993248
>I know you're a troll btw.
>People are actually using Troll unironically to dismiss points.

This is why nobody like Liberals.
>>
As someone who was in a similar situation and went through with it, it's really rough. Honestly, if you're having strong doubts, doing it could wreck you. I spent a lot of time in therapy afterward. I'm still not okay, and it's been years.

But remember that if you keep it, you're not just having a baby, you're having a person. You're mostly responsible for how that person develops. It's a massive responsibility. Not just financially, but you could potentially fuck up a person forever before they even know which foot's their left.

Only you and your girlfriend can figure out what's best for you. Think hard on it, debate it, think about your futures.
>>
>>16993306
>I'm still not okay, and it's been years.
Killing a Baby does that to you.
>>
>>16993309
I have no reaction for your post except a hand gesture and a facial expression, which you can't see, but I promise you it's sort of funny. Y'know, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
I pushed my then girlfriend to have an abortion about 15 years ago. We were in terrible circumstances at the time, financially and as a couple.
I can honestly say it was the worst mistake of my life and I'd do anything to take it back.
This is not a decision to be taken lightly OP.
>>
>>16993279
A child is a person and killing them would be murder.

An unborn is not a person and killing them is only morally relevant through the effect it has on the parents.
>>
>>16993248
>I disagree with you therefore you're a troll

Honesty OP, go somewhere else and get a second opinion. 4chan seems quite slanted in favor of destroying lives, including those of unborn children.
>>
>>16993319
delicious
>>
>>16993326
>An unborn is not a person
According to who? You?
>>
>>16993328
This is good advice, get some professional impartial advice.
If you have any kind of moral compass this could fuck your up.
On the other hand I've had an acquaintance who'd had half a dozen terminations by the time she was 20, she used it as a form of contraception and didn't really give a fuck.
She was a massive cunt.
>>
>>16993342
According to me, a person is someone who has feelings, desires, an ability to communicate with other beings, etc.
All of which, an unborn child and even newborns clearly lack.

What's your definition of a person then? You probably equate person and homo sapiens.

>>16993348
Picking up on what I replied to the other anon, a newborn is also not a person.
Having the potential to become a person in the future is not equal to being a person now.

In my opinion, the OP should carefully take into account factors like economic and living situation, how family members and friends will react to either decision (will they go nuts/offer help) and seriously evaluate the state of their relationship if they decide to keep it. Also what kind of life will you be able to provide - is it worth to put your own life on halt, simply to raise a child that will have a bad future in the shithole that is the US?
>>
>>16993373
Put the baby up for adoption, there's a lot of good people out there who could give it a great life.
>>
Wait are you a nigger op?
>>
>>16993382
This is a great middle ground.
>>
>>16992303
Because literally the only way to be happy is to have money.
>>
>>16993382
Like there aren't enough kids up for adoption already
>>
>>16993422
>Like there aren't enough kids up for adoption already

4/10 B8
>>
>>16993342
And so, according to your holy mighty person, if a woman, in her own body, wants to abort, she doesn't have the right ? Because you said so ? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>16993475
Yes.

Wow they where right Liberals really are the real disgusting vile Animals disguised behind tolerance.
>>
>>16992216
Abort it'll make your life easier
If not plz name Felix if it's a boy
If do
Name your son in 4 years Felix
>>
>>16992303
Oh yeah, you're right.
That's why we euthanize the poor. Wouldn't want them suffering or anything.
>>
>>16992912
Fuck adoption. You've obviously never been in foster care. I could tell you that i have and would of rather died a thousand times than to go through that shit.
>Thinking that foster care is actually a good thing instead of abortion.
Yah, if you want any kid to grow up fucked up and wanting to kill themselves anyways.

How did you get her pregnant op? Any protection?
>>
ABORT
ALL BIRTHS ARE UNETHICAL
ALL LIVES ARE INHERENTLY BAD
THE CHILD CANNOT CONSENT TO AN EXISTENCE OF SUFFERING

I want both pro-lifers and pro-choicers to go
>>
>been with GF five months too
>"broke college students" too
>had far too many close calls

OP... how did it happen? What sort of protection were you using?

Gf is on the pill + I wear condoms, but every so often we get too into it and I end up doing her raw and finishing inside her. She uses the pill perfectly, hasn't missed a day, but it still leaves a pit in my stomach until the end of the month.
>>
I was in the same situation not too long ago.

She decided not to keep it.

Just try not to play the dangerous game of what if. As in, what if we kept it? It will mess things up.
>>
>>16992216
The child will suffer a terrible life if it's with you or put up for adoption. You can't afford the child. You've been with this girl for only 5 months. Who the fuck knows where the kid will end up through adoption, if anywhere at all.

You two are fucking up your lives, don't drag another life into your fuck up.
>>
>>16994459
Honestly this OP don't do it because it will be easier for you do it because you're saving a future human being from a life full of withouts.
>>
>>16992287
First off, here's your (you)
And second, in this situation the life is worth literally just as much as the life of the ant outside on the sidewalk. Fuck off.
Most of these shitty moral dilemmas has vague lines so fucks like you can complain about how we're being evil people but abortion has a nice crisp line: birth.
Until the child is born, its life is not important. It does not have the rights of a person regardless of being human, and you shouldn't go out of your way to bitch and moan when people do the logical thing and abort a life that would fuck them over to keep.
>>
Growing up poor seriously sucks. If you can't completely provide for a child and have the money to keep him or her happy, don't have it yet.
>>
>>16992216
Before I read the thread and give some more informed advice let me just tell you that I was in a similar situation at 23. Got my gf of 6 months pregnant. Now 3 years later I have the most perfect little son you can have. Now ask yourself some questions.
Are you ok with only ever fucking this girl?
If not are you capable of being friends after a break up?
Do you have the means to financially support your new family? (I'm in germany and I guess we need about 2k a month, some of which is currently provided by family)
Lastly, are you ready for the hardest fucking time in your life?
>>
>>16994663
Uwutm8. Not even that anon, but it's illegal in the majority of the states to have an abortion after the second trimester. "Birth" is not at all a "crisp" place to draw the line, as it has no significance except change of location.
>>
>>16994663
What about premature babies who eventually grow up healthy?

Life starts at conception, not birth.
>>
>>16995163

Right because everyone's birthday is dropped back to the contraception date...

I wouldn't I'f I where you
>>
>>16992325
Christfag detected
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.