[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been feeling really sick lately. Need some advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I've been feeling really sick lately. Need some advice. Headache, Fever and Stomach upset.

Anyone got any tips on how to ensure a speedy, hasty recovery?

Am vegetarian and am eating a whole of raw whole vegetables, (which I actually think is doing a number on my system), am chilling and resting a lot.

What do?
>>
Raw food is more difficult to digest for your organism. When I'm sick I always focus on house chores to and excessive extent just.

You move, you live. (Actually sweat up kind of help).
>>
>>16992039
eat meat
>>
>>16992039
how long have you been a vegetarian? It takes the body more effort to digest raw veggies. How much protein do you consume? Where are you getting that from? Do you take any supplements? It is allergy season, some people get sick in different ways
>>
>>16992226
Been a veggie for 9 months-ish. I try and get as much protein I can from things like nuts, rice, cheese and veggies. I don't supplement but maybe I should.
>>
>>16992039
Take multivitamins for a bit.

If you are gonna stick to vegetarian diet eat a wider variety.

Its also possible you are having a mild allergic reaction to something if you just started some new foods.
>>
>>16992349
Drink more water. Hot water.
>>
Don't eat raw. If you want to eat vegetarian, that's fine (thought you have to be more aware of nutrition), but our bodies has adapted to cooked food. Cooking the food allows our bodies to absorb the nutrients better, as well as making it safer for consumption. You're going to have a real hard time finding any legit nutritionist who recommends eating everything raw.

The best way is to cook them lightly. Steaming is super popular because of that. You want them heated through but not boiled the life out of.

Also consider adding things like eggs or milk to your diet. You can get cage-free eggs and grass-fed milk if animal welfare is a concern.
>>
>>16992349
>supplements
You definitely need them. Can't get B12 anywhere else.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.