[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding hobbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1459269251794.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
1459269251794.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
Hey /adv/,

What are some of your hobbies and how did you find them?

I ask because I lack any meaningful hobbies. I exercise regularly through swimming and weights but that's just to stay healthy. In my spare time, the only thing I do that I legitimately enjoy is play videogames and watch netflix or youtube. Even then, they are just temporary distractions for me and end up making me feel like I've wasted my time. I've tried a few things over the years like longboarding and surfing but they didn't hold my attention very long or make me feel like trying again.
>>
>>16991796
Hobbies will come to you naturally
I love learning new languages
>>
Hobbies are mainly a waste of time and money, man. I'm not saying that's bad, time you enjoyed wasting is time well spent, my point is that a hobby doesn't have to be constructive. I think you need some goals, rather than some hobbies, but who am I to say that, right?

The only hobby I have other than the usual ones (Tv shows, reading, videogames, gym) is skiing and I've been doing this until as long as I can remember, my parents loved it and they made me learn how to sky when I was like 4.
>>
I ended up joining a little group of people who play with scale RC cars. Might sound a little childish at first but most of these are in their 20's or 40's. You build, paint and model these little things and meet up with others to drive them. Realism is key so you end up spending a lot of time fiddling with your car to make it look and handle like the real deal. You learn a great deal about mechanics, fabrication and modeling and you make new friends. There's probably a group nearby if you look for it.
>>
>>16991796
Outdoors

Lets go camping, canoeing, skiing, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, biking, hiking.

I had a great winter can't wait until summer.
>>
>>16991796
Just this past year I took up drawing, fencing, Russian, cooking (not that much, just beyond digiornio and fucking ramen), and I've been reading a lot more. I still play vidya and watch tv regularly, but if I have a busy week, I try to cut those out first.
Hobbies that require more than one person or equipment, such as fencing, can be a bit difficult to get into, but hobbies that require just you and maybe a few simple supplies are really easy to pick up and learn. Learning languages and small skills like drawing and cooking can be done entirely at home and online.
>>
>>16991837
That's somehow sad, adorable, funny, and fucking rad all at the same time.
>>
>>16991837
That's pretty much my actual car.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.