[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let me start off by saying marijuana is not legal in my country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: marijuana_head_lg.jpg (103 KB, 1024x536) Image search: [Google]
marijuana_head_lg.jpg
103 KB, 1024x536
let me start off by saying marijuana is not legal in my country but can be accessed through very easy means and is very low risk

my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years is depressed and she wants to use pot as it makes her happy. she cant drink alcohol, it gives her really terrible heartburn and she only recently found a hookup for some and hasn't smoked at all during our relationship until now.

i dont know if im ok with this. I was raised in a very against drugs household, my parents being the kind of people who might have a beer 2 or 3 times a year. I really don't look up highly to smokers or people who do drugs at all. I might have the odd beer myself but thats it.

My problem is i dont know if i want to be with someone who does pot, or any drugs other then alcohol. Im 22 but i want to be with a girl i can think of having kids with and i dont know if i also want to have kids with someone who does stuff like this (its stupid to think about kids at 22 i know, but i dont want to waste time)

what is the warrant in never having done something as well? I feel superior to people who do drugs but ive got some terrible personality traits. I could just smoke some pot with my girlfriend and get it over with but then i might hate myself and im actually worried of that.
>>
>>16991521
Tell her youre against smoking and that you thing itd be better if she just found a better way to cope, like talking with you more or something cute. If she doesnt listen well then that will lead to bad communication which means she wont be a good person in the long run, let alone having kids
>>
First of all, dealing with depression through drugs (even prescribed antidepressants) is a terrible idea, second of all, if her doing marijuana is a big concern for you, tell her so and work shit out.
In saying that, smoking a bit of weed isn't the worst thing in the world, but given the circumstances it really should be avoided.
>>
anyone?

Ill TL/DR it,

girlfriend has depression, wants to get back into smoking pot/cant drink alcohol. I dont respect drug users and dont know i want to be with her any more but i also dont know if i should give up on my morals and try it with her
>>
>>16991529
i did tell her that i really didnt like it and respect it and that i didnt want to respect it, but she still went ahead and got some. becuase she had some moment of weakness.

i had a moment last night where i started doubting myself and trying to bring myself down so i could try it with her. there is a dispensary in my city where you can get it.
>>
>>16991562
Dont you dare let her drag you down with her man. Stop. Her. If. You. Love. Her.
>>
>>16991588
i did love her at one point, but i dont know so much any more. thank you for the advice so far everyone. its helping me think
>>
im dealing with depression aswell and weed actually helps balancing negative thoughts out through meditation
also makes me more social
weed can be helpful or it can be the opposite, its about moderation (depends on the person aswell)
>>
>>16991521
OP almost the same exact thing happened in my relationship. Let me start by saying pot isn't the worst thing in the world, but when have you ever seen a successful person that has persevered through the hardships of life and remained a pothead throughout? My girlfriend would tell me that it was just a phase, that smoking pot isn't something she's interested in doing for the rest of her life. Its fucking BULLSHIT. If you habitually make marijuana a part of your life, you will create a psychological dependence to something that is ultimately negative. All the liberals spinning pot to be the cure for cancer is nonsensical. There are very tiny scenarios in which pot can be beneficial to an ill person and that does not include depression. I wish you luck OP.
>>
If its a deal breaker for you then voice your concerns. Their are other ways of dealing with depression that do not involve drugs. In fact, self prescribing anything isnt a good idea. Im not saying doctors are always right but they are educated in a way most people aren't.

Personally i have no problem with pot and if my wife wanted to smoke it id be ok with it. But thats me. Think about how you feel about it and do whats best for you.
>>
File: state-flag-colorado.jpg (89 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
state-flag-colorado.jpg
89 KB, 600x399
>>16991521
Denver reporting in! It is very legal here; we have pot shops where you buy weed like liquor.
>my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years is depressed
>and she wants to use pot as it makes her happy
>i want to be with a girl i can think of having kids with
> I was raised in a very against drugs household
SO, here's what I think.
>1
Your girlfriend being depressed is a big red flag. Depressed women do things that don't make sense "because MUUUUH depression." If you are truly looking for someone to marry, then a girl who is already depressed and trying to fix it with illegal narcotics is NOT WIFE MATERIAL. So that's your first issue.
>2
You're 22 and looking for a woman to marry. From what I have seen of marriage, men should wait until their 30s. I say this because marriage is not a Disney fantasy that brings you bliss. Marriage is cold, hard science that takes work. You as a man will be giving up something very important - your freedom. It will literally change your life. It will change how your wife acts toward you sexually and as a man. It take serious, serious "game" to be able to keep a woman. Most married men report being in nearly sexless relationships where their needs are not met OR they're too far blue pilled to realize that they're unhappy. Tread lightly with marriage young one, take it from an oldie. You still have much to live for at 22 that marriage will suck away like a black hole.
>3
I grew up in a religious, hyper military household moving around the country in isolation as a military brat. They were very anti weed too. They were wrong. Your parents are wrong. Weed is like anything else - great benefits when used appropriately, but it's still harmful to you in certain ways. Welcome to everything in life woo!

Un-brainwash yourself. Your parents are not an excuse to hold malformed and irrational opinions or beliefs.

Good luck and much love from Denver.
>>
>>16991678
This. While not in and of itself nessicarily bad, the fact that she jumps to drugs before counseling is concerning. Especially if it's because she can't be an alcoholic. Also, it seems you are looking to get something out of a romantic relationship that you won't find. I would suggest leaving her and experiencing the other parts of life before looking for a life partner.
>>
>>16991697
she is looking for help, but not as quickly as i want her to.

she got a referral from her doctor to a psych but they have to call her apparently. and its been a few weeks and no call yet.
>>
>>16991715
>not as quickly as i want her to.
i dont know about your country but where im from there are waiting lists for this and sometimes shit takes months until you even get a appointment
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.