[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After what age is still living with your parents truly pitiful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: low res suicide.png (232 KB, 448x360) Image search: [Google]
low res suicide.png
232 KB, 448x360
After what age is still living with your parents truly pitiful?

>turning 21 in 4 months
>legit autistic
>have a job/go to a cc but still live with parents after an unsuccessful run at a 4 year university
>people I went to elementary school with are already getting married/having kids/obsessively couponing to save on household necessities
>>
>>16990510

>jealous of people who are having kids at 21

Unless they were born into money or are both intelligent individuals the odds that they are welfare couple is very high anon. The answer to your question isn't universal. If you live with your parents with nothing going on for you otherwise it can be pretty bad. If you do it while you're in school/saving up for a new place or vehicle then that's a little better. Why are you so eager to be out on your own OP? Unless you have a good income you're going to earn your freedom but pay for rent + food all on your own.
>>
>>16990510
I think its a lot more accepted these days than it was before. I'm 29 and currently still in my parents house, but I've finally made a committment, that no matter what my situation, I'm moving out at 30.

My advice, save up a little bit for a couple of months rent and get out of home as soon as you can.

I think I would have been a lot better off leaving home before the age of 25.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x225
30 is basically it. You're a wizard. Kill yourself.
Anything below that is acceptable... I think?
25< is cutting it close though...
>>
>>16990522
>Unless they were born into money or are both intelligent individuals the odds that they are welfare couple is very high anon

Well the last time I met them they seemed pretty respectable but I didn't pry that much
>>
>>16990510

it doesnt matter where you are so much as where you are legitimately going.

its okay to live with your parents when you can say something like
'im still in school, but after graduation im going to north dakota (because thats where all the cool kids go).

dont worry about what other people are doing so much as wehre you are going. if you dont have a plan, make one. one you want.

dont include things like
>get a gf

cuz that isnt dependent on you, the few parts that are will be forcing you into a relationsihp you dont really want.
>>
I'm 32 and my wife and I live with my mom.

Stop worrying about anyone else. Worry about what's best for you. So long as you're doing that, you'll be in a fine position once you hit a bit older.
>>
It also depends where you live - correct me if im wrong, but I think in Asian countries, you live with your parents your whole life. I have a colleague at work whos Asian and this is the case.
>>
>>16990536
why would you kill yourself just as you attain your powers though?
>>
I'm 20 and live on my own, all my friends live at home. I wouldn't judge until 24. If you're still living at home two years after college... then baka senpai. But my boss is actually 26 and living at home. He makes pretty good money, but he is just super close with his family and enjoys being with them and he is saving for a downpayment on a house, so i suppose it's all situational
>>
>>16990510
when your friends ask if you can hang out and you say idk ill have to ask my mom- and youre above 18.
>>
>>16990510
Have you not read a newspaper in a decade? Given the economy, even people with jobs are being forced to live with parents well into their 20s because they can't afford rents. In some expensive cities up to 20% or twenty-somethings.
>>
21 and my dad says its still ok at my age and studying especially when the cost of living here is ridiculous.

At least that's what he says to relatives to save himself the embarrassment [spoiler]probably[/spoiler].
>>
I'd say it depends what you are doing.

If you are living with your parents, but hacking away aggresively at your student loans or saving up for down payment have at it.

If you are living are your parents working at wal mart and playing league of legends you are a fucking idiot, and fairly pathetic. However moving out won't solve those problems either.

If I could I would consider moving in with my parents until I unfuck my student loans, unfortunately they live far to away to even consider that.
>>
I'm 21 and I'm living with my parents. I'm saving up for property investment so I have no intention on moving out just yet. Plus where I live, places are expensive as fuck and I'm not keen on moving in with people unless they're my mates. Even then I'm not 100% fond of the idea.

I'm almost ready to start investing and once I have a proper full time job, I might start looking for places to live.
>>
Isn't the average move-out age in this current generation 28?
>>
>>16991625
Seems extremely high, but I've been living on my own since I was 19 (as a student)
>>
Depends on where you live. In the States you're supposed to move out ASAP. But, everywhere else recognizes that it's kind of silly for your persons to waste money moving out for no reason. Pretty much move out when you have someone to move in with (wife, girlfriend, et al.).
>>
>>16990510
It's not pitiful to stay with your parents as long as you keep a good relationship with them and are not a burden on them.
>>
>>16992306
How can you possibly sustain a relationship if you can't bring a girl back to your house?
>>
It seems like you're okay. I'm 22 and I just go to cc and work too. If you become a NEET or something that's when living with your parents becomes pathetic
>>
>>16990510
25+ no exceptions
>>
>>16990510
To me it depends on where you're headed and what you're dealing with. If you're a shitty NEET living with your parents and doing nothing with no exit strategy, it's shameful pretty much for any age over 18.

If you're ill (mentally or otherwise) and need some support then it's sad but not necessarily a bad reflection on you. I have a cousin in his 30s who is a basement dweller but he has really bad bipolar disorder and some serious issues with medications stabilizing and it's hard to think of him as a filthy hikikomori.

If you're a student, you're saving money and being smart about finances. Not bad at all.

If you're staying at home to help out your aging parents or to save money on housing but otherwise living an independent life and contributing to the household, it's more old school than anything. Definitely respectable.

I grew up in San Francisco and I have a couple of old friends who had to move back in with their parents after college/between jobs or higher education just because the rent is prohibitively high. No shame there in my book, but they weren't planning on parking there forever and being man children.
>>
>>16990510 18 you little fa**ot!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.