[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be 18 >Accepted into lots of colleges I need help people,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: grad-hat-768x768.jpg (41 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
grad-hat-768x768.jpg
41 KB, 768x768
>Be 18
>Accepted into lots of colleges

I need help people, how do I decide on where to go?
>>
>>16990220
Go to the biggest in-state school. Or wherever you got the best scholarship deal.
>>
First priority is which can get you th best education for your chosen field.
Second priority is cost and whether you can afford it.
Third is general school reputation.
Fourth is location, what environment it is and how far you are from places you want to be (like home, towns, etc.)
>>
>go where the money is
get your degree cheap. go to CC for your generals/associate, transfer to a uni for the rest
>prestige
bullshit. being valedictorian of "state school university" is better than barely scraping by at an ivy league. you get out what you put in
>>
>>16990220

Depends what you want out of life OP.
If you have gran plans, then go to the best school that you can get in to.

Many years ago, when I was a senior in high school, the headmaster of the school gathered the senior class in the gym. His only advice to us was to go to the best school we could get in to as far away from home as we could. And that was exactly what I did--but not because he had told us to to that.
>>
>>16990307

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE.
This sounds like a Bernie fan offering advice.
>>
>>16990220

narrow it down based on cost, lifestyle, and of course, major.

cost is most important unless its simply not an issue, in which case major is. lifestyle matters a bit.

ideal
>>
>>16990656
>cost is most important unless its simply not an issue
this so much, especially at the undergraduate level
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.