[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opiate pain killers (pic unrelated) READ FULL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20140826_062227.jpg (636 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140826_062227.jpg
636 KB, 3264x2448
Would taking expired painkillers be such a bad idea? Hydrocodone with acetaminophen. Expired a good 5 years ago now. I'm not sure how opiates or Acetaminophen degrade over time, or if either become toxic. Been on some bad pain as of late, I was debating on taking them a few days ago when my prescriptions ran out, these few days have been hell! Google's given mixed replies. I'm still in an unholy amount of pain right now from my surgery 2 weeks ago. Doctor can't renew for some odd reason. No I'm not an addict, actually hate the non-narcotic affects associated with opiates, but this is necessary. All I need to know is, are 5 year past expiration opiates and acetaminophen safe.

Note: these pain killers have acetaminophen in them. I am not asking about two different medications. If I needed just acetaminophen badly enough, ID run to the drug store to get some as they're over the counter.
>>
>>16990210

they say medication doesnt really go bad it just becomes less effecgtive. that being said, 5 years is a bit extreme.

google has the answers you are seekign tho.
>>
>>16990217
Google does not, I have received mixed opinions from supposed pharmacists and I'd say a fair amount said don't and a fair amount said go for it. A fair amount of articles from reputable sources provided similar results. That being said as well, I checked several drug (user) and drug (addiction) forums and there were reports of people taking the same class medication 10+ years after expiration with minimal to no bad reactions. But for all i know they got lucky. Those who overdosed, died etc... Are no longer with us to write their experiences or provide any outlook. Those are die hard users though, recreationally and from an addiction standpoint and they know damn well their life is on the line. I'm just in pain, don't want to be in pain but don't really feel like putting my life in danger.
>>
>>16990217
Although, I will say thanks for your insight and thoughts. Cheers mate.
>>
>>16990249

/adv/ cant grant you more sound information than those specifically posted about the subject, so you're going to take a risk here.

i wouldnt. not after surgery of al lthigns
>>
>>16990262
Two weeks post op, the medications in the cabinet are at a lower dosage than what I was prescribed even and Id take no more than the recommended dosage. Fair enough though, I guess I'm just here for a bit of piece of mind on whether or not I should and if it's a risk (if risk is present) that I should take. If the odds of them degrading to a toxic component are low, Id take them. Thanks for your input as well. Appreciating all I can get.

Rotator-cuff surgery is a bitch and a half.
>>
>>16990285

>two weeks post op

yes, post op. still in pain,. not recovered. not a good tiem to take risks

>lower dosage than waht i was prescribed
>but also 5 years expired

im not going to say 'yeah sounds like a good idea. you got google. google gave mixed results. do waht ever you want, since thats what you intended to do anyway

>tfw no sexy bedridden anon with rotator cuffs to massage

life is suffering.
>>
>>16990292
Heh, massage wouldn't hurt either.Less risky by far! One thing I'm looking forward to In physical therapy potentially if I'm lucky. If not there's always happy ending parlours. And yeah. I've done plenty of stupid stuff post op already. Not looking to add another to the list, but also tryna not stay in pain.
>>
>>16990314

cant say i blame you either way, though rotator cuff surgery sounds a lot less serious than soem sort of organ based surgery which is what i assumed.

that being said, i did a google search. every single fucking result says
>not as potent, but safe

so in your situation id take it.
>>
>>16990357
God bless your soul. Thanks. Sorry about that misunderstanding should have specified from the beginning huh? But yeah, lesson learned. Avoid forums posts or else you're bound to find an equal number of yes' vs no's to get you proper paranoid about whatever the hell you're looking for. Ironically I ask /adv/ funny how things work, huh? Cheers. Guess this thread can die in peace now unless anyone else has any compelling evidence or reasons not to, though I can't guarantee it won't be too late.
>>
Most pills are fine for 10 years after they're manufactured, the exceptions being liquid capsules and live strains of bacteria, antibiotics.

Your pills are safe to take, go ahead. They may be slightly less effective, but certainly won't harm you.
>>
File: 1409555948663.gif (1003 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1409555948663.gif
1003 KB, 220x220
>>16990538

i google searched and the first result was the official emed website, and it was insistent that they dont become toxic so its a moot point, i just wasnt educated myself ( which is why i recommended the google). but even the forum after it was just a bunch of 'yes its fine, just less potent'.

good luck anon. and if ur ever in socal let me give you that massage
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.