[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to combat romantic loneliness? I've got a lot of friends,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 750x934) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 750x934
How to combat romantic loneliness? I've got a lot of friends, male and female, but lately have been just immersing myself in my hobby. It's a social hobby too so I meet new girls and guys regularly but I've lately been yearning for a relationship. I've had a serious long term girlfriend in the past and flings but it seems everyone I meet just wants to hook up or date around. I feel restless and can't really pinpoint what to do.
>>
not sure what to tell you. sounds like you're doing everything right. though its vague so its har to know for sure.

i tend to get my romantic loneliness worked out by fast flings that last a weekend.
>>
>>16990209
I just feel so empty hooking up and am burnt out dating. I was hoping I was doing the right thing by continuing to focus on myself but lately even my own friends seem so alien to me.
>>
>>16990274

still ont sure what to say, cuz its all so vague, you know. i was gonna suggest exploring new friends.

tell me what is this hobby?
>>
>>16990283
Surfing. Keeps me in shape and I meet new people but also gives me a chance to meditate. I have other hobbies too but this one is the most social and time consuming. I spend up to 20 hours in the water. I also meet new people traveling regularly. Maybe the problem is meeting too many people?
>>
>>16990295

idk man. your life sounds really well balanced and you just havent met the right girl. generally i say if you got the rest of your life in order than you wont really long for a gf, but if you tire of the flings then i suppose i am just wrong (and i dont mean that sarcastically).

the only other explanation i can think of is that the flings (or a fling) was good and you wished it had lead to more. you dont sound needy or whiny like the others talkign abotu their situation.

socal?
>>
>>16990306
Hawaii. Thanks maybe I just needed to lay everything out. I usually get attached easy so my flings are usually me traveling or with tourists. Reading what I've wrote though it sounds like I'm taking everything I've got for granted and I really try hard not to but that just frustrates me more because I shouldn't be this unhappy. I guess it's just the human condition.
>>
>>16990331

i wouldnt say you sound ungrateful. i spend a LOT of time here most people are whining and talking about how none of this shit matters if you dont have a gf.

you are simply tryin to deconstruct the problem and try to find out what to do, and im sorry i cant help you.

>tfw no hawaiian bf to teach me to surf

life is suffering all around.

id try to focus on developing your friendships a littler deeper if you can. not surface level stuff. if you arent comfortable talking to your friedns about anything deep, therein lies a problem (as it does in my life).

other than that not much i can say but wait and try not to try too hard.
>>
>>16990199
pic related?
>>
>>16990365
My close friends are actually some of the deepest relationships I've ever had, I've just bounced this shit off them so much I know they'll never admit it but they're probably sick of hearing it. I would be, if I were them. But it's true life is suffering, mostly because of desire, in my opinion. I just wish I didn't have these kinds of wants or needs consume me.
>>16990406
It's Aubrey Peeples, had it on my phone from some thread.
>>
>>16990529

i dont mean talking to them about these sort of thigns. i mean about things that will deepen your relationship with them. no matter how deep it is it can go deeper, and exploring that deeper exploration is what can fulfil you for the time being. dating is interesting because its kidn of a fast paced friendship. you are deepening a relationship with that person from the moment of meeting them and learning more about them them in a year then friends might learn in a lifetime.

ergo if you want to satiate yourself, deepen your relationships with friends and family. explore those bonds as opposed to letting them be static 'same shit different day'. there is always more to peopel.
>>
>>16990550
Thanks, that's true. In another way it's also like focusing on and appreciating what I've got, which is very positive.
>>
>>16990587

best you can do for now.

dont shy away form dates, but try not to invest too much too quick. to weed out any hos, try not sleeping with them. i know thats usually the girls move, but it wokrs both ways. proves whos there to stay and who wants the fling.
>>
To me i just talk about it or cry about it.
Or just get mad about it.

Just be bout it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.