[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be 32 >Professional >Married >Have my shit together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: CDE.jpg (352 KB, 691x446) Image search: [Google]
CDE.jpg
352 KB, 691x446
>Be 32
>Professional
>Married
>Have my shit together
>Play prop for men's rugby league
>Little sister is 20
>Kind of socially awkward
>Dating a guy, he's a good bit smaller than me
>He's over at my parent's house for dinner
>Sister and her bf gets into it over god knows what
>He slaps her
>Big brother mode kicks in
>Grab his collar from behind to pull him off balance, hard hook to the base of the jaw from behind, kick him once while he's down
>Warn him not to stand up
>He stands up like he's going to square off
>Physically remove him from the house
>Guy gets hurt but he'll live, nothing he'd need a hospital for
>I'll admit it looks worse than it is because cuts on the forehead bleed
>I feel like I acted appropriately
>My sister is calling me a bully
>My mother thinks I overreacted
>My wife is staying out of it
>My father is thinks I "put my future at risk"

Should I have played it differently? Little cunt slapped my sister in my parent's house, that needs to be nipped in the bud, right?

Pic related, its what I was carrying and didn't use
>>
Nah, fuck it, man. I'd do the same for my little sisters and I'm a fucking twig. Respect.
>>
>>16990082
Thats what I'm saying. Its not like I pistol whipped the teeth out of him or raped him in the front yard.
>>
Won't be the last time so I'd suggest a more thorough warning next time involving tears and begging
>>
>>16990082
Same.

Your wife, mother, sister and dad are in hindsight 20/20 mode. Since the outcome wasn't that bad they're trying create the best possible outcome in their minds. It's irrelevant at this point, they can't have it both ways.

I would have done the same thing.

Also, your sister is still dating this guy based off her response I assume? What a fucking doofus. Good luck with that, you're now a pivoting point in that relationship.
>>
>>16990070
You're a fucking mongoloid. Best to use that gun to put a bullet in your head like you deserve.
>>
>>16990070

jesus no, he fucking slapped her. regardless of gender or relationship, you stepped in and did the right thing in my opinion.

fuck anyone who thinks otherwise, especially her. make it known that you wont be there to help someone when they fucking need it.

>rugby league

id suck ur fuckin dick right now if i could
>>
>>16990100
I'm guessing its going to be the last time. My parents can't forbid her from dating someone, but he seemed pretty shaken up and it didn't sound like she was looking to continue the relationship. She was more just surprised by the violence and thought it wasn't fair.

>>16990107
Haha, wouldn't it be nice if you ruled the world? Too bad its us mongoloids.
>>
>>16990113
I think the wife might have a thing or two to say about that.
>>
>>16990107
>projecting this hard
>>
you don't have self control, which makes you a nigger
>>
File: 1409187141125.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1409187141125.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>16990124

>i think the wife might have a thing or two to say abotu that

but not you?
>>
>>16990129

he said rugby, not football
>>
>>16990129
Whoa, where'd /pol/ come from?

Also, I showed plenty of self control. I didn't choke him out, didn't break anything, didn't pull a piece, didn't beat the shit out of him when he was down. Do you need the Monistat or is there some constructive criticism you'd like to offer?
>>
>>16990138
oh, sorry. I meant in the parlance of the chans, not actual black people

but yeah, you're 100% nigger. the "self control" you showed by resorting to physical violence is really impressive, yeah, that's why your entire family is horrified at you, you stupid fuck. You don't even understand why they were fighting, the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with defending your family. Many people would have done the same thing in your situation but your dad is right. You have more to lose especially if the guy chooses to be vindictive. Next time just call the cops
>>
>>16990157
The fuck does it matter why they were fighting. You don't slap a woman. Its doubly stupid to do it in her parent's house. With her 260 pound brother there? I mean, what ever happened to personal responsibility and accountability?

But hey, lets play ball. How would you have proceeded?
>>
>>16990070
If I was your wife, I'd be pretty pissed. It's great that you're protective of your sister, but you could've gone about it in a way that wouldn't put your future at risk. The guy could easily come after you because you did something that left evidence. What he did to your sister likely didn't leave a mark, so even if family sides with you, it could easily be seen as a lie.

No one thinks it's wrong to defend your sister. But when your actions can come back to haunt you in a negative way, and you have a wife and career (possibly kids), you're doing them a disservice.
>>
>>16990070

OP it obvious that you felt that your sister's well being was in danger. That is legal enough justification in most jurisdictions.

Kicking him while he's down, on the other hand can cause trouble for you down the road if this rat squeals to the police.
>>
>>16990168
>>16990196

Fair points. I'm pretty sure I'd end up OK, CPD isn't going to give much of a shit about something like this and as a first time offender with nothing vaguely looking like a record and a solid life I'd be able to plea down to almost nothing and get an expungement if I kept my nose clean, but it'd cost more than I'd like to spend. My career is absolutely safe. Still, a bit more caution could have been exercised.
>>
>>16990206
I didn't stomp him or anything. It was more of a theep to keep him off balance. In soft shoes through clothes theres no way it left a mark. You're right, though.
>>
>>16990070
Daaamn boy, if I had any brothers I would be proud to have you as one.

But I'm also the type that would have thrown a punch myself if someone slapped me for no good reason.
>>
Respect bro. Thats how you handle that shit.

Fuck him, teach him right. He ever touches your sister again. Maybe not necessary to kick him out of the house, but dunno the situation; and could just as easily have been necessary just to cool everybody off.

Again; respect.
>>
>>16990070

You did the right thing OP.
And tell that little shit sister of your that you won't hesitate to do it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OEhiTHJ0EA
>>
>>16990070
Your sister is an idiot who'd rather be in an abusive relationship for the sake of companionship than not having anyone put up with her lack of social awareness and general capability as a person.
Your mother disagreed with the physical reaction because she would not have done anything herself in retaliation, aside from get somebody else to deal with the issue, such as the police or your father, because that's more than likely the way she's gone through life when dealing with sudden and serious issues.
Your father disagreed with the physical reaction because you did it on his property, making him potentially liable, and risking possible assault charges from how bad the damage looked at the time.
Your wife is taking a rational stance by not getting involved, but she should have your back as your spouse, or at least be able to tell you what you did wrong in order to make the situation at least somewhat better.

Personally speaking, getting him the fuck out of the house was the right thing to do, but you'd have a good deal of explaining for the sucker-punch, and an even harder time defending yourself for kicking the cunt while he was down. I can't say I would've done the same thing, because if that happened with my sister I'd probably get shot in retaliation--that's just the unfortunate nature of my sister's own special brand of poor life choices--but there would be some measure of appropriate response.

At least you didn't pull the gun. No way you could've justified flashing it to scare the fucker. That would've been worse than decking him. Your folks will come round, same as your wife, and your sister won't appreciate the defense until much later in her life, because she's young and stupid like that. Keep an eye on her for the next few weeks to make sure boyfriend doesn't try something against her, your folks or anyone else.
>>
File: 1459290656307.jpg (148 KB, 704x1180) Image search: [Google]
1459290656307.jpg
148 KB, 704x1180
>>16990070
Don't listen to the neet's in the comment section. You did the right thing.
The people saying you did wrong are the armchair blue pill beta's with little to no conection with their family.
>>
>>16990170

>you dont slap a woman
When will the ride end
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458205512248.jpg (29 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458205512248.jpg
29 KB, 600x337
>>16990353
I'm for slapping women if they step out of line or gets up in your face.
Basicly i treat women like i treat other men. No spesial treatment from the 1940.s
>>
>>16990070

I would have stomped his guts out, you showed restraint and resolve to not literally put that faggot in the dirt. You did the right thing my man.
>>
>>16990070
I can tell you one thing for a fact: if she goes back to him just give up on her. She's just going to go for one abusive douche after the other for the rest of her life.
>>
>>16990070
Well we all know right off of the bat what you want to hear. On this specific point, go fuck yourself. I hate that baiting shit.

Your reaction was completely understandable and even warranted. However, all of the criticisms leveled against you by non-biased people in your family are also accurate.
>My mother thinks I overreacted
You did. We exist in a society where we agree to keep our hands to ourselves and, when someone fails in that, we have certain courses of action that society agrees are acceptable. Remove him from the house and prevent him from harming more people (which is self defense) but that's not all you did...

...be honest. You enjoyed it. It's obvious from how you wrote the OP. You think you were Mr. White Knight. White knighting for your family is:
>understand
>but not appropriate if
>you care about your future.
Like your father said.
>put my future at risk
You, in your neanderthal rage, gave the girlfriend beater the opportunity to now use the system against you.

>that was stupid and put your future at risk.
>because
Your sister chose this path and it was her issue to solve, not yours Mr. White Knight.

So, again, everyone understands, but all of the criticisms are still accurate. You did the normal thing, not the smart thing. That was stupid and risky.
>>
>>16990070
I'm a girl and I would have done the same thing. You did good, OP.
>>
>>16990070
You did the right thing OP. I would have done similar and i'm the turn-the-other-cheek type when it comes to my own safety.
Can't let things like this slide, that's how jackasses like that dude get the idea that their behavior is ok.
>>My sister is calling me a bully
She's completely wrong, what you did is usually referred to as "standing up to a bully".
>>My mother thinks I overreacted
>>My father is thinks I "put my future at risk"
They're just afraid that he might press charges, they don't want to see you in jail over a slap.
Parental instincts, they want to minimize the risk to your successful life.
Sure, you could have gone for other solutions, like verbally confronting him (eg "Hey man, did you just hit my sister? What the fuck is wrong with you? Go get some anger management help and then think about seeing [sister], as long as you can't control yourself you can get right the fuck out of this house and not come back.") or straight-up calling the cops on his ass, but it sounds like that's just not your style.

Does your sister really still want him though? If so, I don't know what to say.
Like >>16990273, makes me deeply sad to see people getting into relationships like this.
I hope she doesn't end up like some I know, saying "i thought he was my perfect prince charming who would never hit a woman, i never saw any signs that he was actually a violent piece of shit".
>>
>>16990070
if youre in murrica
kicking someone while they are down is assault with a deadly weapon
rip if he decides to press charges m8
witnesses and physical bodily injury
>>
>>16990070

You sound insecure as fuck.
>>
File: 1439819583450.jpg (42 KB, 337x498) Image search: [Google]
1439819583450.jpg
42 KB, 337x498
>>16990070
>mfw you totally missed the mosquito on your sister's cheek
>poor dude got rekt for no reason
>>
From what you described you pulled him to the floor, punched him in the head, then kicked him for good measure. Then when he stood up again you rough-housed him out the house.

Sorry OP, you assaulted this guy. By all means kick him out, but you did go too far. The defense, 'but it was my sister!' is incredibly childish and if you're happy to start being the shit out of guys you can't act like a child.

You didn't do anyone any favors, you acted like a chimp, and your family is scared and embarrassed for good reason.
>>
>>16990138
>people on other boards aren't racist

lol

>>16990070

You did the right thing but unfortunately the guy may use this against you. Depending on what state you live in you range from being perfectly fine to fucked.
>>
You did good op
>>
>>16990745
This.
Maybe a push or a shove, but it sounds like you did a beating. You're in the wrong OP.
>>
>>16990750
what the fuck he was defending his sister

are you guys actually this dense

>punch and kick someone ONCE for hitting a close female family member

yeah how wrong, maybe if OP killed the fucker he'd be in the wrong
>>
>>16990760
I don't think you understand how the Law works son. Go pick up a book.
>>
>>16990762

There's a difference between being wrong in the eyes of the law and being morally wrong. In some jurisdictions yes, OP would be able to be prosecuted. However, in most he wouldn't be because it is acting in defense of another person. Morally speaking he is entirely in the right.
>>
>>16990750
>>16990762

>OP is wrong because he MIGHT have done something that could get him in trouble

Do you have any concept of morality? If I steal to feed my family, then I may have broken the law, but I sure as hell aren't wrong. OP hit a person twice in defense of his sister, and honestly no judge would ever convict him of assault, and he sure as hell isn't wrong.
>>
>>16990765
Law > Morals
Why do you think they Law protects alot of known criminals? Are you retarded?
Not to mention a slap is not equal to being kicked when they're down.
And on top of that hurting his sister emotionally.
>>
>>16990762
i never said he was legally free, just that he was in the right morally speaking
>>
>>16990765
>>16990773
>>16990775
You talk like kids, thinking emotions triumph rational thinking. Sorta like, Liberals.
>>
>>16990760

The reality is that OP wasn't defending anyone. He was just attacking someone. He has 'cuts on his forehead,' even if we believe OP's mild account of what happened he assaulted someone -- and quite violently so.

In my family if you slapped my sister in front of me that would be your relationship with my sister over and we would call the police and press charges.

If I kicked him in the head, how can I help my sister? How can I even chide him for hitting her? It's not an appropriate or mature way to react.

It's actually a very dangerous and blatantly illegal thing to do. What do you think OP accomplished?

His family is clearly not impressed.
>>
>>16990774
>Law > Morals

If we were debating whether or not OP is in legal trouble, yeah. But the post you replied to said he was morally in the right. Even if he broke the law (which is pretty damn questionable), he's still in the right.

>Why do you think they Law protects alot of known criminals? Are you retarded?

????

What?

I'm not saying the law is moral. You're the one using it as a basis of morality "OP is wrong because THE LAW".

>Not to mention a slap is not equal to being kicked when they're down.

For retribution to be justified it doesn't need to be equal.

>And on top of that hurting his sister emotionally.

lol

Are you the same guy OP is talking about?
>>
>>16990774
>THE LAW IS IMMORAL
>we're talking about how morally speaking OP is right

Fuck off
>>
>>16990774
Holy shit you are retarded.
>>
>>16990775
Op was morally wrong. He yanked the turd, struck him hard enough to floor him, then kicked him when he was on the ground. This was excessive. Even his wife knows he was wrong, which is why she abstained from commenting.

That said, I don't give a shit about what happens to turd.
>>
>>16990786
Have you seen OP's question you fucktart?
>>Should I have played it differently? (OP)
Yes, by not assaulting someone in the presence of his fucking family, at a fucking family dinner.
>>
>>16990779
we arent even talking about rationality

morally

op

is

in

the

right

was he rational? no

is he legally justified? depends on his local laws

morally he is correct
>>
>>16990795
The post you responded to was purely talking about morality and not anything else.
>>
File: 1444874251082.jpg (126 KB, 1272x716) Image search: [Google]
1444874251082.jpg
126 KB, 1272x716
>>16990070
To be honest you should've done the altruistic thing and punched your sister. Partly because she sounds like a cunt and partly because that would resolve the tension between her and her bf. Be the villain that they need you to be.
>>
>>16990794
>morally wrong to beat someone that hit a woman, no less your sister

Yeah okay schlomo.
>>
>>16990796
who the fuck are you to speak about morals?
>implying everyone lives by the same morals
gtfo faggot
>>
>>16990795
>fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
>wahh wahh wahh

You sound a bit upset there senpai!
>>
>>16990796
>>16990802

I know you guys are 19, your model for the world is video games and Game of Thrones, and you are supercool tough guys that go on 4chan.

But really what OP did is not okay in real life. They weren't at a bar, he didn't think his sister was in danger, and he admits he's much bigger than this other guy.

I don't know of any moral principle that says, "you can put someone in the hospital if they touch a family member."

What is your moral argument for him doing this? "You don't hit a woman" is not an argument.
>>
>>16990802
>>hit a woman
STOP OPPRESSING WOMEN FAGGOT
CANT YOU SEE THEY WANT EQUAL LEFTS AND RIGHTS?!
>>
>>16990810
>I don't know of any moral principle that says, "you can put someone in the hospital if they touch a family member."
>Guy gets hurt but he'll live, nothing he'd need a hospital for

HuH ItS AlMoSt LiKe ThE oP sAiD hE w OuLDnT NeeD A hOsspiTAL HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You're literally a retard, fuck off mate. Like 5 different people ITT have told you off specifically. Go back to /r/sandersforpresident
>>
>>16990820
>>literally a retard
>>literally
Do you even know what the definition of that word is? Shouldn't use words that big in your vocabulary boy, you might hurt yourself.
>>
>>16990801
the only wisdom in this thread.
>>
>>16990820
>>HuH ItS AlMoSt LiKe ThE oP sAiD hE w OuLDnT NeeD A hOsspiTAL
how long did that take to type out? Good lord, is this ur way of throwing in the towel?
>>In b4 "im not retarded, i was just pretending"
go to sleep timmy, its past ur bedtime
>>
>>16990820

Yes I can read. My point was that OP clearly wasn't in control of the situation and it was just lucky that, on his assessment, the guy didn't need medical treatment.

Would the whole thing have suddenly been morally wrong had the guy had a pre-existing medical condition that put him in the hospital?

That's irrelevant though. You're so sure he's morally right, but I'm yet to see the argument in his defense.

Just to save you time, no, "everyone knows if you hit a woman you can be rightfully murdered" is not a real argument.
>>
>>16990838
its stupid to try and reason with these types of people anon. Their best arguments are
>>i feel..
>>i think..
and if u disagree
>>fuck you
>>hurr durr ur retarded
>>
>>16990782
>In my family if you slapped my sister in front of me that would be your relationship with my sister over and we would call the police and press charges.
It's very clear that OPs family would not have done that. His sister apparently doesn't see anything wrong with the guy's behavior, so if he called the cops they would have wasted their time coming over for nothing, since the sister obviously would not press charges and would likely testify in his defense if it (unlikely) actually made it in front of a judge.
>>
>>16990864
kek what a cuck family
>>
I mean, are we talking full on put-your-weight-into-it, basically-an-open-handed-punch type slap, or just a pussy I-can't-believe-you-just-said-that-this-is-gonna-sting slap? The first one, start shit, get hit, but if it was the second one, eh, I think you were the one escalating it.
>>
>>16990070
You did good. Your sister is a brat with no self respect. Your father is trying to not take sides.
>>
UPDATE:

So, in the sober light of morning, my sister decided to file a complaint against her boyfriend. After a little bit of discussion, and my parents being concerned he might decide to go to the police, it seems he took a swing at me when I went to break it up. At least, thats what everyone in the room is attesting to. As a result of having been the victim of a battery, I'm also filing a complaint. I mean, I'm happy to drop it if he stipulates that the fight was in self defense, but it turns out this kid has a misdemeanor DV prior and I'm a guy with letters after his name and a phone call to the right person.

Gotta love old school clout...
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.