[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me the fucking point of tinder? My friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: w2ZlpSd6.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
w2ZlpSd6.png
7 KB, 400x400
Can someone tell me the fucking point of tinder?

My friends reccomended it to me over the winter and since around Christmas, I've been frantically swiping. Primarily looking for a relationship, although sex works too. So far, I've:

-matched with nearly a hundred girls
-gone on a total of: one date
-girl didn't wear makeup, made me pay for her meal, didn't get a text back

I've matched with girls that don't message back. I've matched with girls who will start to message, but can't be bothered to text more than "cool" and "haha".

This is the biggest waste of time in my life. I could have gotten more success by actually standing in public with a sign that says "date me". What am I doing wrong, /adv/? General tinder /adv/ice is welcomed here.

I'm currently on the low end of available matches, and I refresh every day and get about 5 girls. I swipe right always now (no exceptions not even fatties BC why the hell not) and I get one match in maybe 20 girls.

I'm good looking, fit, my bio is witty and funny and acceptable. What gives?
>>
>>16989943
dating apps are toxic. consider the following
>people use dating apps because they arent having much luck in real life
>they go to a dating app where they are introduced to an entire smorgasbord of men who want nothing more than to bang and/or date them
>after just one day they will have seen everyone in their area
>within one week they would have talked to everyone they are interested in

so anyone who has been using the app for more than a few weeks clearly has some sort of issue. likely, they are the female equivelent of what i discussed in my first post.

they want a 'bf' but because they have a very specific idea of what a bf is, they arent finding it anywhere. instead of seeing if they have real chemistry, they are simply walking down the aisle, trying to figure out what is the ONE thing at the groccery store they can buy, based solely on pictures and labels.

if a woman is on tinder for too long, they are losing their ability to feel chemistry.

you as a man can fall into a very similar pattern here, but with the added harshness of constant rejection.

it is an app made for people who want to date, yet no one seems to have success there for very long. that should tell you something.

>id have better luck standing with a sign that says 'date me'

why not do this then?
>>
>>16989943
>biggest waste of time

That's pretty much it dude. It's a hook up app. Sure there are success stories but that's like a 0.1% chance with someone who is awesome.

Go to places you like to go to and find girls there. Better yet, give up on dating and work on yourself and any hobbies. That's what attracts people to you.

>standing in public with a sign that says "date me"

You actually will have more of a success rate doing that than you ever would with Tinder because you actually get to start the convo face to face and it's a way to put yourself out there.
>>
>>16989943
>Can someone tell me the fucking point of tinder?
Hookups. Likewise with kik. People who try to use it for actual dating are missing the point entirely.
>>
Tinder shouldn't be a waste of time for anyone, in that you shouldn't be spending much time or effort on it, and what little time and effort you DO spend on it should be purely spent on weeding ugly girls out and asking the rest to grab a drink.

>eating a meal with a tinder date
>getting pressured into paying for things for strangers

haha, no
>>
>>16989965
How come I can't get so much as a hookup then?
>>
>>16989977
what does your profile look like? I mean how many pics do you have and what's in your bio description?

You honestly could be presenting yourself in a sense that's keeping them away
>>
>>16989977
>>16989982

post pictures of yourself / profile and lets see whats up. in addition, maybe show us some of the girls you've been messaging or detail your approach?

if a girl is getting to the 'cool' response phase why dont you just go for broke and ask to meet in person? nothing to lose.
>>
tinder is real life, just accelerated
you can go through a year's worth of girls in a week, and condense a year's worth of rejection into a few days
unfortunately, idiots got the idea to turn a hookup app into a dating app. normally that'd be cool, but now you have to condense your life into 5 pictures and 500 characters: there's no good way to sell yourself with those parameters.

even if you're attractive, you have an uphill battle as a man on any dating site
>>
>>16989965

I thought women weren't capable of having sex with someone they don't love
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.