[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To those who have SOs or are seeing somebody, how did your meet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
To those who have SOs or are seeing somebody, how did your meet your somebody?
>>
>>16989496
We lived in the same dorm at university. We were friends for a little while, she chased me for a year while I chased someone else, and we eventually got together.

>Spoiler: We've been married for thirteen years and have two kids
>>
>>16989515
I think that's so cool.

My ma and dad lived in the same tiny village in SE Asia and when I asked my ma how they met, she said it was inevitable that they would meet and eventually marry.

I on the other hand, I'm kind of seeing someone and I met this girl by chance at a concert while inebriated.
>>
File: 1455913906102.jpg (488 KB, 1600x2400) Image search: [Google]
1455913906102.jpg
488 KB, 1600x2400
In line at the supermarket
>>
File: 1453834774713.jpg (25 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
1453834774713.jpg
25 KB, 458x360
A co workers party, even after I got too drunk and
made an ass of myself she still wanted to see me again.
>>
In school through a mutual friend
>>
Tinder
Been married a year
>>
>>16989496
We were both heading to the subway. I saw her and it was love at first sight, I knew she was the one. Luckily I had forgotten to change outta my work pants so I had a few zip ties in my back pocket. Didn't take much to get her into the van, I didn't even have to show her the gun. Now we've been together going on 3 years and we're expecting. She keeps the basement pretty tidy and rarely ever complains about my night hobbies.
>>
>>16989496
His ex got him into playing an online game, which is where I met them. I befriended her first but became close friends with him. I patiently waited for two years and swooped in when she treated him like shit--he had to break up with her because she was a coward. We met in real life a few times and had a very successful LDR. We're now married and live in the mountains with our animals.
>>
>>16989496
Where else but at uni.

Professor had double booked separate meetings with us and was running late, so we got talking while waiting. Thought that was the end of it when it was my turn.

Couple of days later I get an email from some girl I don't know asking for advice (she was an international student). Turns out the prof had given her my email address. Then we found out we had a class together. After 6 months of hanging out we decided we were dating.

Have been married for coming up on 8 years and have a daughter.
>>
>>16989496

>be me
>go to the no pants train ride
>keep seeing this cutie walking around alone
>with my friends so dont really wanna break away form the group
>all the way down to union station and back we keep seeing each other
>we end up at the same bar afterwards
>qt comes right up to me and introduces herself
> i ask if she wants to dance

we see each other once every week or two until about two weeks ago
>decide i want to make things official
>ask her to meet me for a date saturday
>tell her were going to santa monica for dinner at sunset overlooking the ocean
>she knows im going to ask to go steady obviously
>we go on the ferris wheel after dinner
>'i got something i need to ask you'
>'ask me..'
>i ask her
>she says yes
>afterwards were walking down the beach by the pier
>can hear a street performer doing an acoustic cover of 'just the way you are'
>she gets giddy with excitement cuz this is the song i sing to her all the time
>we dance on the sand by the ocean

sucks shes here on scholarship, i only have her til september.
>>
Uni. Sat next to each other first week of first year, got chatting, became friends and then a couple of years later, we started dating.
>>
>>16990078
It'll work out if you guys really work at it, man. Your story is cute.
>>
>>16990247

neither of us intends to. we've known each other 3 months, is it really wise to say 'OH WELL MAKE THIS WORK EVEN WHEN YOU MOVE'

as per her scholarship rules, she has to complete college in brazil, otherwise she has to pay back 50 thousand dollars that they spent putting her up here. were 23 and 21, we dont need to 'work it out.'. it'd be really silly to try and make a cross contintental relationship work for two years after only 9 months of dating to see if we'd even work out after all that time.

when we talked about it she brought of the 'sonnet of fidelity', which translates to:

I'll be able to say to myself of the love (I had):
Be not immortal, since it is flame
But be infinite while it lasts.

i agree. to be honest i probably wouldnt have asked to go steady if she was here indefinitely.
>>
>>16990247
>>16990255

sorry if that sounded rude, i did not intend it to. im glad you think the story is cute (it was certainly intended to be, and bruno mars certainly helped along the way).

i just agree with that line from avengers age of ultron.
>something isn't beautiful because it lasts
>>
>>16989496
Same school since elementary but became friends the started dating in high school. Damn, it has almost been 8 years.
>>
We met at work through different departments, she'd be on days and me nights.
Wouldn't say it was love at first sight but I knew there was something about her that stood out when we'd smile and pass each other by.
She then worked up her courage to talk to me by telling me I looked like someone and we talked and flirted since.
I made her chase me and I haven't been happier, she's just someone who I really enjoy having as my companion and lover, other girls pale in comparison to her.
>>
Got obscenely trashed (I'm 23) at a mutual friends party. She took me home got me into my apartment building. Got her nber the following week and yeah
>>
>take classes together but never really talk.
>group of us go to another school for a conference.
>get super trashed. Sick as a dog the next day
>he takes care of me all day
>spend the day walking around the campus shooting the shit while I try not to get sick
>wind up hanging out all the time back home
>get drunk together at my house one day and hook up

We haven't stopped yet and don't plan to for the foreseeable future. I'm happy I can't hold my liquor I guess.
>>
>>16989641
I call bullshit.
>>
>>16991290

I have a buddy who is engaged to a girl on tinder. I wouldn't say it is far out.
>>
His ex is my best friends sister plus we have mutual friends.
>>
>>16989496
A friend of a friend of a friend. We all started hanging out. Now me and her have been together for a year and a half.
>>
Through University, were in most of the same lectures and I just decided to get to know her and go on dates with her.
>>
>>16989496
Online, in a chatroom.
Been together for 8 years. Living together for 5.
>>
I dated her older sister for 5 years.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.