[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons serious question, is this normal? >I am emotionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: usa-flag.jpg (100 KB, 1600x1309) Image search: [Google]
usa-flag.jpg
100 KB, 1600x1309
Anons serious question, is this normal?
>I am emotionally attracted to little kids,as in they make me really happy . >Still very rarely when I am around little kids I have weird / sexual thoughts about them.
I feel I'm not a danger to kids cause like I said,being turned on is rare,and when I am I just have a panic attack.
>>
>>16989326
>is this normal?
No. It may or may not be dangerous, but most people don't get sexually aroused by kids, which means that no, it is not normal. Anyone who says otherwise is some kind of pedophile apologist.

I've read that some researchers believe pedophilia to be a kind of crossed wires--the parts of your brain that should trigger the urge to protect and nurture stimulate boners instead. So you wind up, in your case, with an uncomfortable mix of boners and a sense of emotional closeness. The panic attacks make sense, because you're having feelings you know aren't right.

Do you also feel emotional connection and physical arousal around adults/people your own age? If so, I imagine you can succeed with a reasonable life if you can suppress your not-OK urges. If kids are all that get to you, it will be harder.

But you can prevail. With help. Talk to a shrink. As long as you don't have or work with children, you are not a legal risk.
>>
>>16989366
I am attracted to people my age,its just I've never desired a relationship with one.
>>
What do you mean "only rarely" get turned?
>>
>>16989326
it could just be OCD, or maybe actually nothing at all, but whatever. If you don't act on it, it's not a problem, so keeping it to yourself should be fine. it's taboo to talk about thoughts like that.
>>
>>16989326
Yeah I know what you mean it's a weird thing that happens when the brain crosses wires and such, as long as you know that you're not a pedo then it's all good. I mean sometimes people think about brutally killing others like pushing them off of a ledge for no reason. As long as you know you're not killer then its all good. See the comparison.

I would say do not listin to the previous anon and do not talk to a shrink cus you gotta keep that to yourself. But dont worry, you are not the only one who has had thoes stranage wanding thoughts.
As I have
>>
>>16989388
>I've never desired a relationship with one
And do you desire some kind of a relationship with a child? Because apart from that of a caregiver, teacher, or parent, there aren't really a lot of appropriate relationships a grownup can have with a kid.

And if kids turn you on, you probably shouldn't become a teacher or caregiver, for everyone's sake. Again, your feelings for kids may not be dangerous. But they don't sound normal and they sound inappropriate for someone in a role of authority over kids.

Intimate, equal friendships (not necessarily sexual) between adults and kids aren't a real thing the way pedophiles imagine them, because pedophiles are blind to the power dynamics inherent in the age difference.

OP, if this is not just bait, you should talk to a therapist before you do something you can't undo and regret forever.
>>
>>16989462
Do oyu ever get tempted to look at CP?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.