[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I have a question. My friend is doing some kind of a scam,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1456136072226.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1456136072226.png
141 KB, 439x290
Guys, I have a question. My friend is doing some kind of a scam, and offered me a half of earnings. Basically, I have to recieve money to my paypal, then withdraw to the bank, and send half of what I've withdrawn to him. My question is, can paypal take money from my bank account that I've received if someone fills a claim? I have my debit card connected with paypal. I just don't want them to take money from it.
>>
dude he's scamming YOU. It's the old nigerian prince scam, just through paypal.
>>
>>16989014
>can paypal take money from my bank account
Yuppers
>>
But ive already made money. He sent me a few hundreds to my paypal from some paypal thats clearly not his, I've withdrew all of it to bank, and sent half to him. So ive got half money just for accepting to get it. Question is, can paypal take it from my bank without my permission if I have my debit card attached to my pp account
>>
>>16989014
don't fucking do it
>>
>>16989071
So I'm guessing your friend got ahold of someone's paypal, and let the paper trail lead to you to the theft. Looks like you're more in trouble than paypal taking back the money. Good luck
>>
>ITT OP is a retard and thinks the internet is magic and there are no repercussions for digital theft
>>
>>16989160
But I haven't really done anything. I just received it, and thats it. Im not the one who sent it out or hacked acc or whatever.
>>
>>16989014
Hey man-

I worked as a fraud investigator, and I'm currently an anti-money laundering investigator.

I promise, they can snatch it all back from you REGARDLESS of the situation. Even if you disconnected your card, changed your number, etc. And that's aside from any actual legal trouble.

your best bet would likely be to create a completely false identity and... well. That's a whole other issue- and I'm sure for the piddly amount of money you'd get it wouldn't even be worth the trouble.
>>
>>16989172
you are an obvious accessory at the very least. LEOs and prosecutors will pin the hacking/theft on you, especially if they can't find a way to pin it on your friend, but they probably can.
>>
you do the dirty work
your friend gets cash from u
your so called friend thinks ur a dumb fag and gives no fucks about you
but hes lining you up for the bonus

of getting butt raped in jail

dont be dumb. STOP
>>
>>16989014
You do not have a friend.

You have a humanoid parasite trying to take from you until you are no use because it doesn't actually care about you.

Parasite and friends are both close to us, I realize the confusion.
>>
Realisicly whats happening is your friend it leading it all to you.

Say i stole a check book. Forge signatures and write checks to you so you can cash them. Then we split the money. Itll be harder to prove i stole it but easy to figure out you cashed it.
>>
Yeah, it's strange. If it would be safe, why he wouldn't cash it out himself? Thanks guys, ive made my mind. Ive closed my paypal and will have nothing to do with it anymore. I just hope police aint gonna come in knocking for those few hundreds I've made
>>
>>16989160
>>16989186
>>16989237
These. OP you're fucking stupid if you take this "deal".
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.