[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can true platonic friendship between men & women even exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: OgjaVCn.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OgjaVCn.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
Can true platonic friendship between men & women even exist?

>have huge crush on handsome guy
>become friends with his friends to get closer to him
>get to know him better, still have feelings for him, but assume I have no chance, being content with just being friends
>everyone assumes we're dating, people joke about us getting married
>had a falling out with his friends, so it's just the 2 of us "hanging out" now, almost like dates
>he's mentioned a few times that I'm cute/good-looking (only once "stunningly attractive" when he saw me with make-up in an evening gown)
>he's never made a physical move on me, though

At this point I'm questioning whether I'm so far in the friend-zone that he's treating me like I'm a dear little sister or whether he wants me as much as I want him and both are too chicken to make a move, too scared to ruin the "platonic friendship".
>>
>>16988624

Yes, a true platonic friendship can exist, but that's clearly not what you want. You're into him, it just sounds like he's into you.

For a mutual friendship to exist, one of the other side needs to not want to fuck.

Anyways, why don't you just tell him how you feel?
>>
>>16988624
>Can true platonic friendship between men & women even exist?

This retarded fucking question again? At this point you're just trolling or attention whoring, no one fucking cares, cunt.
>>
Yes, it can.

My best friend -- who has been my best friend since at least 2012 -- is a woman. And I am a man. And we have never tried to bring it past that.

Neither one of us is gay, either.
>>
I'm a guy and a best friend is a girl. We've been friends for 7 or 8 years. We talk about everything together and we've talked about us together. The feelings just don't exist and we're not attracted to each other. (Even though she and I are two attractive people.)
>>
>>16988624
>he wants me as much as I want him and both are too chicken to make a move

This is a possibility since you guys weren't best friends but acquaintances.

Why do you think he is way out of your league?

It is very rare for a male and female friendship without one of them at some point wanting more if they are both straight.
>>
>he hasn't made a move.

Do you know how to unzip his pants?
>>
>>16988631
>but that's clearly not what you want
At first I was fine with being just friends with him and I would still be, but now that we've started to hang out just the two of us, it's giving me false hopes.

>Anyways, why don't you just tell him how you feel?
I'm not sure what's the best way to do this. Either casually just ask him whether he could see himself being in a relationship with me or just trying to be physically more affectionate.

>>16988665
>Why do you think he is way out of your league?
He's well-cultured, good-looking, has more money than me and is incredibly intelligent (he scored top 1 percent in a national exam once) while I'm only mediocre at best. We study the same thing and without his help, I literally wouldn't have passed a few things on my first try.
>>
Not really.
Unless the girl is gay or an online friend a thousand miles away I have no chance of meeting in person, I want to fuck every female I spend time with.

Ask him out. Even if he says no, this is a victory because all that can happen with this reverse-friendzone is that you keep torturing yourself. You either gain a bf or cut your losses and judging on what you've said he's into you so ask him out.
>>
It is, but it´s also often very uncomfortable for partners of those two people.
>>
>>16988624
OP i have several female friends from work, college and shared hobbies. they started as friends, and will always be friends because we share a lack of physical attraction and romantic chemistry. you will know them within the hour of meeting them if they are romance, pals or what have you.
hope this helps
>>
>>16988769
> Even if he says no, this is a victory because all that can happen with this reverse-friendzone is that you keep torturing yourself. You either gain a bf or cut your losses and judging on what you've said he's into you so ask him out.
Thanks, I needed that change of perspective.

>Ask him out.
While I never explicitly used the word "date" I did ask him to go to the opera with me and we did go together. There he suggested to do it again, so we've done that twice now and it was wonderful. I really don't know where the line between doing things together because we're friends and doing things for a romantic motive is, he never put an arm around me or something like that.
>>
>>16988745
Many autistic children have 2 genius parents. Technically speaking, genius itself is an abnormality, which reduces genetic compatibility in terms of reproduction.
In other words, a man or woman who is highly intelligent, should not mate with another highly intelligent person, or their offspring will likely be defective.
Also, highly intelligent people need a break from work. It's nice to come home and talk about something else with the spouse, leaving work at the office.
>>
>>16988624
be direct
make the move
you know you must do this
>>
You may be friends, even best friends, but you are too stupid to ever acheive a true platonic relationship.
>>
The diffirence between males and females is that males don't tend to consider women to be friends, mostly women for us are either acquaintances or sexually attractive persons,there is no real friendship in-between.Mostly.
>>
>so I befriended this guy I have a crush on
>does platonic opposite sex friendship even exist??
It certainly exists, and the main reason people think it does not is because they will not stop "befriending" crushes and exes they actually want more than friendship from.

Anyway, who cares that he hasn't made a physical move, those are some pretty clear hints, especially if you never commented on his appearance. Ask him out on a proper date already.
>>
If he's hanging around with you, and not out trying to get with some other girl, he likes you.
>>
>>16988624
So OP. The question you really want the answer to is "how do i sound this out without it getting awkward and ruining the friendship if he's not into me", right?

>scary movie
>sofa
>desu
>>
>>16988624
>he's never made a physical move on me, though
>At this point I'm questioning whether I'm so far in the friend-zone...
you're sending mixed signals. successful girls take initiative.

Im not saying reach into the guys pants and grab his dick, and i'm not saying say it outright, just make very strong signals at the very least.
>>
Hard to say I have "best" friend, we've helped eachother over exes, she's given me advice yadada. Someone who I would I can talk to about everything. We have been friends since highschool (9 yrs ish),.

I'd bang her if she asked me, but I'm quite content in just remaining friends. I would never make a direct move unless we were drinking together. We've made once, but yeah..

I don't have many other friends like this.

I have other girl "friends" but I'd only go drinking, or do activities with, but I'm not going to begin and talk about all my problems with them
>>
>>16988624
>Can true platonic friendship between men & women even exist?
Absolutely, but ONLY if you've mutually friendzoned each other, pretty much from the beginning. You haven't, and I'm not sure he has either.
>>
>>16988745
If he's that far out of your league why does he hang with you at all? Must be something you bring to the table. What is it?
>>
>>16988745
>I'm not sure what's the best way to do this
Just calmly explain how you feel. If he doesn't reciprocate, try to convince him that a relationship has to be two way and that you really would like being friends with him either way, though it does sound like he's into you and just doesn't want to upset your relationship.

I mean, I guess you could try dicking around with subtly and sending signals, but why do that when you could just fucking explain yourself like an adult and face whatever comes after like one as well.
>>
>>16988624
I'm a guy here. Listen carefully. Make a move on him. That's all you need to do. Everything will fall into place. Got me?
>>
>>16989485
This is what I was gonna say. To be honest, I have a friend and she made a move on me it wouldn't even be weird just because she's attractive. I don't think I'd go out with her maybe idk. But it honestly wouldn't hurt anything. You already know he thinks you are attractive. Guys like it when girls make a move.
>>
>>16988975
He's quite introverted and apart from family I'm the only closer regular female interaction.

>>16988991
I will have to give this a try, especially the desu part

>>16988963
Now that you mention it, you're right. I don't think I've explicitly told him how attractive I think he is, because I'm scared I will mess up and say something crude

>>16989078
We have similar interests and are pretty harmonic as people, since we've never gotten into a fight or anything. I jokingly mentioned the other day that he's so high above me in terms of academics, but he said that's not true at all. So he either seems me as "safe" friend or as a potential love interest.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.