[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become the best version of yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
hey there /adv/ hope you’re all doing good!

I hope this will become kind of an general useful advice thread on how to become a better version of yourself because maybe some other people can find some good advice here as well...

>recently met ex girlfriend after not seeing her for over 3 years
>haven’t been in a relationship since then, of course its bothering me a little, but I’m ok with it cause I’m just waiting for the right one
>she has a boyfriend for about 3 years now, about to move in together, I am happy for her I guess?
>noticed that I apparently have no more feelings for her, wich is very good cause it took me quite a while to come over it
>still, few days after meeting her stupid thoughts started to rise

these thoughts showed me that I really have some confidence problems, because I questioned myself why our relationship failed but why she’s happy with another one… Here are some examples:

>I am just 21, her new boyfriend is 26 (she’s 21 as well), I am so childish while he or others are already way more grown up
>I still look to young (I actually do, a lot of people guess my age about 18 or 19), probably it’s because of things like my beard is not growing really well (sounds stupid but I actually think that
>Almost every girl in my age are together with older boyfriends, I’ll probably never find a girlfriend
>other guys are way more interesting/confident … than me

These thoughts are killing me, I know thinking in that way won’t bring you anywhere, but still I can’t switch my mind… This lack of confidence is accompanied with my growing lack of motivation, sluggishness and tiredness, so I don’t doing good at all in other parts of my life, I really suck in University and that needs to change cause otherwise I won’t be able to make my bachelor and wasted almost 3 years.

will continue soon
>>
But still, I don’t wanna be that sniveling bitch so I decided to chance my life and make a hole new start, so here are some of my plans:

>making more sports, running every day before university/work and work out at least 4 times a week (I am a sporty guy, but I wanna gain muscles and weight, cause I am pretty skinny
>making a dietitian and eating healthier to perform better
>reading everyday from a good book
>Invest more time in my hobbies, fe making music(I really love playing the guitar or piano but when it comes to practicing I am lazy)
>learn some new learning strategies to rock the shit out of my study(I am not the lazy on, I basically live for 2 month straight in the library learning at least 8 hours a day, yet I failed more than 50% of my tests)
>start meditating (I read „Now“ of Eckart Tolle, that really helped me a lot, can recommend this for anyone who searches for an entrance in the spiritual world)
>spend less time on the internet, started with deleting fagbook

So, the big question is, how to get this plans to work? It is simple in the theory, but hard to actually do that… I know, it has to be step by step, but where to start?
And I still don’t find that much confidence gaining in there…
Any suggestions? I wanna start everyday with a smile and end it with the feeling that I got something done with brought me further in my life

tl;dr How to gain more confidence, perform better and be the best version of yourself???
>>
>>16988343
Buuuuuuuump
>>
really, no one?
>>
Do or do not, there is no try
>>
Eating healthier and exercising more is a great way to start becoming better. Talking to your friends and family memebers often, or trying to make small talk will help increase your confidence as well.
>>
>>16988982
I am no an unsocialized person and can talk to people quite good... The problem I have here is with my past relationship... Even though I talk to a lot of girls quite often I wouldn't consider making any further steps because in most ways they only want older boys...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.