[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i have conversations that are fun and flow? how do i make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 33
File: 1459219172779[1].webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1459219172779[1].webm
3 MB, 600x338
how do i have conversations that are fun and flow? how do i make jokes?

>be me
>socially retarded
>no friends
>never talk in conversations
>talk with coworkers
>usually just me asking them questions, answering theirs, and saying "yeah", "oh" or "nice". don't know what else to say
>don't really connect with them. see other coworkers all laughing together and seeming to have fun talking to each other
>look up online dating profiles
>many girls want guys that can keep a conversation, keep it flowing, have fun, make her laugh, tell jokes, etc.
how do i do this? i am autismo. most conversations i hear anyways (from coworkers) are just about things they've done, or funny things that have happened to them. the problem is that nothing happens to me

also, I have no friends. so can't really practice with anyone.

help /adv/
>>
watch some standup comedy.
>>
>>16988264
Pay attention to what other people say and ask them how they are doing .

If they don't ask a question about you within 20 minutes , though, drop them and never talk to them again. They aren't worth bothering and are just self centered .
>>
>>16988264
>literally makes money by existing

The patriarchy is so oppressive that women get a free pass if they're hot
>>
read or listen to the book "how to win friends and influence people"
>>
>>16988280
>>16988280
i've watched some before..
maybe i should pay more attention? i usually don't find a lot of it funny or memorable

>>16988339
i say "how are you" to people a lot.. but conversations don't really go past that

>>16988387
i've read it before. hasn't really helped in sustaining conversations or being fun or funny. a lot of the advice is more for introductions it seems
>>
File: 656534444334.jpg (83 KB, 560x682) Image search: [Google]
656534444334.jpg
83 KB, 560x682
bump
>>
Practice.
>>
>>16988264
Keep talking to new people
Evetually you'll talk to someone you have a social chemistry with and conversation will flow naturally
>>
>>16988264

I don't know what the dilemma is here. This is one of those things where you only get better by doing it a lot...Actually let me rephrase, everything you do in life gets better if you do it a lot. Your social skills are bad cause you never practice, you're always too worried about what certain people will think. Start with baby steps and try to be engaging with people, be interested in their lives, and dont just be passive cause then you're not sharing positive energy. You also need to love yourself cause if you don't then why should other people, you're probably not autistic, you just have low self esteem.
>>
say things that sound funny to you

sarcasm is "the lowest form of wit" but it works, so use it

say things that are a bit absurd, that have no place in reality, but if you can visualize the words you're saying, and it looks like a funny picture in your head, say them outloud. use alot of descriptive words. the more descriptive words you use, the more people become immersed in your story and can create their own funny story in their own minds. "red ford mustang" is alot better than "a car".

the red ford mustang was flying down the road, doing like 80 miles per hour down the street, my little old granny lives on this little cul de sac and i mean this old bitch has one of those walkers, you know the ones with the tennis balls on the end? so she's hobbling down her driveway, sees this car and starts screaming her head off, you know like little old ladies in the grocery store do when you cut them in line, and ends up tripping on some crack in the ground with little tufts of grass sticking out of it, and breaks her left hip.

a car was driving down the street, my grandma got scared and started yelling. she fell over and broke some bones.

i just made this up, it's not exactly a funny story, but i just want to show you the difference between two stories when sarcasm and descriptive words are added, how they build a picture in your head, how you can relate to it, and the absurdity of parts of the story brings humor.

hope this helped
>>
File: TeKLvEj[2].jpg (144 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
TeKLvEj[2].jpg
144 KB, 618x618
>>16988824
>>16988839
>>16988848
thanks for the advice
where are good places to practice? i don't know anyone to practice with, don't really go out (no friends)

>>16988880
thanks, i do tend to not be as descriptive as i could be
>>
File: y60JSHF[1].jpg (527 KB, 1118x798) Image search: [Google]
y60JSHF[1].jpg
527 KB, 1118x798
>>
>>16988339
>If they don't ask a question about you within 20 minutes , though, drop them and never talk to them again. They aren't worth bothering and are just self centered .

Indeed, I just had to drop these 'friends' I've had since like middle school because we were sitting around and they didn't acknowledge me even once, god damn.

Consider that they aren't "self centered" and just don't find you interesting for some reason (possibly because they are self centered but not always). Still it doesn't matter the reasoning - you don't need to be close to people who don't take interest in you.
>>
>>16989224
Online communities perhaps? If you play games, shit likes clans and guilds or whatever. Could start by typing, and then join a voice chat etc.
>>
File: YsAYjou[2].jpg (88 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
YsAYjou[2].jpg
88 KB, 640x640
>>16989720
>>16989720
thanks, but i don't play games anymore
>>
Hang out with people that are funny and/or conversationalists. It's the best way, I tell you.
>>
File: 442762554645.jpg (73 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
442762554645.jpg
73 KB, 612x612
>>16990409
i don't know any of these people. and if i did, i don't think they would let me hang out with them
>>
File: GpcNrOf[1].jpg (87 KB, 750x861) Image search: [Google]
GpcNrOf[1].jpg
87 KB, 750x861
>>
You should get friends before getting a gf. It'll be harder to get a gf with no friends and you arent ready socially Im guessing.
>>
File: Nd3vQrJ[1].jpg (101 KB, 1080x1174) Image search: [Google]
Nd3vQrJ[1].jpg
101 KB, 1080x1174
>>16991465
i know

i can't get friends either, partly because i don't know how to have conversations
>>
>>16991491
I think a lot of it is in your head. When you worry about it, its only going to be 1000 times harder. Its kind of cliche but confidence does mean the world honestly.
>>
Be relevant people like taking about things they know about our what to know about... sounds stupid but no one wants to know about obscure shit, in a group find the person who everyone likes then befriend them then tease them or make jokes at them which the others can relate to. Listen out for gossip of its at a common enemy even better, if you are the common enemy stop being a sick and /or do one of these two things either show/prove the gossip is false or make a joke about it in front of those people and let them know you know they do this about you at least a few of them will feel guilty and go easier on you, so find those and worm your way between them not forcefully and don't linger around and try to fit in let a few of them accept you and the rest will tolerate you.

As for with girls if you aren't a chiseled god then show no interest in them talk to them like you would with your make friends or else they'll put their guard up and ignore you. Don't get to friendly occasionally aim a few jokes at them preferably when it's just two of you or if it's with close friends of hers who knows her well she's less likely to be offended and hate you, do not mention beauty,weight,relations and all that in the jokes find things she may have done that's a bit stupid or embarrassing because if sheer snaps at you for that she's the one who looks irrational and you might get sympathy form the people's around you or best case they'll find you funny. Any way once she sees you as more than a penis with clothes then expose your self more to her she shalu she might just like your personality and not judge your look but don't look like a fucking pig be smart. If it's just a one night thing you looking for then be confident let her know that her no isn't the end of the world but don't be a dick about it yet charming her.

Thats it, I don't have PhD on this just experience it worked well enough for me, I mean this works for girls and people who dont have a shit up their ads ,good luck.
>>
File: Xiqp6w4[1].jpg (49 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
Xiqp6w4[1].jpg
49 KB, 720x719
>>16991503
thanks

>>16991623
thanks, but what group do i join exactly? like, i can't just walk up to a group of strangers. the only place i can think of is with coworkers, but i barely know any of them to join their group

i don't know how to tease people or make jokes either
>>
>>16988264

1) READ:

>How to make anyone like you/ fall in love with you.
>The way of the superior man
>No more Mr. Nice Guy.
>How to win friends and influence people.
>The 48 Laws of Power.
>How to be a peoples magnet.
>How to talk to anyone.
>Revolt against the modern world
>How to manage Anxiety with CBT for Dummies.
>The way of the peaceful warrior.
>Virus of the Mind.

2) ASSESSMENT & LEARNING: Write down the most important lessons of everything you have just read. WRITE THEM DOWN on cards. And actually learn them by heart.

3) PRACTICE. From the beginning and first lessons & cards on, all the time.

You will fall on your nose initially, but you will get better.

Good luck, lad!
>>
>>16991795
Find a hobby and you'll run into people who also like that hobby. Then you also have an opening to talk about something(your hobby)
>>
File: t0VzBg6[1].png (848 KB, 855x801) Image search: [Google]
t0VzBg6[1].png
848 KB, 855x801
>>16991803
thanks for the list and advice
>>>No more Mr. Nice Guy.
>>How to win friends and influence people.
read these a long time ago.. maybe i don't really write down what i've read and keep notes

>>16991810
i'm trying to find a good social hobby. but i'm not very good at most things, especially athletic ones (i get tired pretty easily, i do go to the gym and lift though)
>>
>>16991884
>i don't really write down what i've read and keep notes
Start doing it. It takes up to much memory power to try to find the important stuff out of a 250+ pages book after you have read it.

Writing down one or two sentences about what you "want to take away" from a chapter after you have read it, in my experience is really (!) helpful with remembering, learning and adopting stuff you have read (not only with this issue).

>>16991884
>a good social hobby
>not a sport

Dancing?
If you are young enough (I shit you not) Pen and paper Rpgs / Larping (Good for practicing talking in different roles.)?
Amateur Theater/ Acting classes and groups?
Cooking courses?
Book circles?
Religious groups? Youth/ young adult groups if young enough?
Social Work in your free time (soup kitchens, Kindergartens, elderly homes, etc.)?
Fundraising groups, if you are well off enough (Lions Club, Rotary, etc.)?
Masonry?
>>
File: LvhgOtV[1].jpg (38 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
LvhgOtV[1].jpg
38 KB, 640x800
>>16991909
thanks for the advice and the ideas

i've looked in to some of those before.
like for dancing, i want to improve my cardio. i get out of breath very easily
and for many of the others, i can't find any good ones. for example, i'd like to volunteer at a soup kitchen, or with animals. but these places seem to be full
>>
>>16988264
sauce?
>>
File: mhsz4Uo[1].jpg (89 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
mhsz4Uo[1].jpg
89 KB, 750x750
>>16988280
i watched Chappelle's standup special For What It's Worth, it was funny, but most of his jokes were rude. nothing i can say in public really. i don't know what i'm supposed to learn from it tbqh

is watching standup supposed to improve my delivery, or observation skills or something?
>>
>>16992104

In my case, photography made me quite open with people and forced me to speak to everybody, to chitchat with every kind of people. Makes you kind of sociable and you have a reason to speak to everybody, you have a purpose, the camera.

Just a hint, I know it's not for everybody, but if it can help you... Who knows.
>>
File: c9hzPtQ[1].webm (726 KB, 462x270) Image search: [Google]
c9hzPtQ[1].webm
726 KB, 462x270
>>16993763
photography looks interesting, but i don't know what i'd take pictures of

i spend most of my time indoors. and i'm not the outdoorsy type. i'd have to bring my camera into the city or something

who do you chat with? like people on the streets or other photographers?
>>
File: 3o9YrJs[1].jpg (164 KB, 370x550) Image search: [Google]
3o9YrJs[1].jpg
164 KB, 370x550
>>
File: KoI4o68[1].jpg (85 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
KoI4o68[1].jpg
85 KB, 540x540
>>
>Watch a lot of movies and TV so you have shit to talk about.
>Practice with randoms on omegle.
>>
>>16988264

Are you me ? Same situation here, bump dor interest
>>
>>16988264
i'm guessing you're probably not involving yourself very much in the conversations?

ask the people you're talking to follow up questions of the shit they're spouting

most of the time they're not telling your things that really intrigue you, but if you know more about the people you're talking to, there's a bigger chance that you have something relevant to contribute
>>
I'm a rude shit head to everyone and it does me wonders. In fact I can enter specific conversations solely because of my attitude. Some people are soft and don't want to tread on ice in a convo, Luckily I know how to swim.
>>
File: vhnEWKv[1].jpg (72 KB, 871x871) Image search: [Google]
vhnEWKv[1].jpg
72 KB, 871x871
>>16995268
i do watch a lot of movies and tv
what do i talk about exactly?

>>16996085
how do i involve myself? how do i think of good follow up questions?

>>16997135
i don't want to be rude tbqh
>>
>>
>>16997135
>Luckily I know how to swim.
And how is that?
>>
Kinda off topic but I am curious to know , are there really people who don't have any friends at all? As in zero, nothing and none?

I am an anti social person and with a bit of social anxiety yet I still have some friends. I don't get people who say they don't have any friends.
>>
>>16997977
Me
I used to have one but he only talks to me like once a month and like 3 lines tops

I don't feel like I'm missing out on much though
>>
File: YkAKZbs[1].jpg (82 KB, 906x1186) Image search: [Google]
YkAKZbs[1].jpg
82 KB, 906x1186
bump
>>
>>16988264

Start with a group that you're interested in w/fellow autismos, but you meet in person. Gamers, chess club, whatever.

You should be able to converse with things that you know about.

From there, you can read up on other things, and then talk about that with people that you meet. But you need to build up conversation skills. Over time.
>>
>>16997977
Me - lost all my friends when I was isolated from them. I'm trying to stop being an anti social fucker though and make new ones, but it is so so difficult to find good people
>>
>>16988880
humorous autism
>>
>>16988264
How she can shower with make up on her face?
She's truly beautiful
>>
>>16988264
I have the exact same issues

but i find it hard to connect with people because i'm also a bit of a judgemental asshole at times, still autistic though, but if someone starts talking about something i dont like, like linkin park or other shit like that i turn off, meh

i was thinking about maybe trying to talk to random people on skype or something, to help me get comfortable talking to people

everyday i dont really talk to anybody except maybe family
>>
>>16997977
not OP, but yes.

it's hard to make friends when you're at complete 0. at least it feels that way
>>
>>16988264
I think you're thinking a little too hard about this OP, i mean people don't actually care that much if you're funny, the bare minimum is that you don't act like a sperg around people. you also sound like you're setting your goals too high, especially with being funny right off the bat. the most important thing about communicating to start simple, like i know small talk sucks but you gotta start somewhere to build up your social skills. once you get the basics down by just talking about meaningless shit with coworkers or even strangers, you'll get the hang of controlling basic conversations. actually listening to what the other person has to say instead of worrying about how autistic you are will help you realize nuances in communication, and if you feel lucky try joking around and see if it sticks. humor in the end is just trial and error.

also i doubt you're actually autistic in social situations, its very likely that you're just nervous and have slightly low self-esteem and you're blowing a bit out of proportion with negative thinking, which we all go through at some point (coming from experience).
>>
Hey op, try practicing with omegle, whisper, and other chatting programs.
Once you can carry a conversation there, real life should be easier.
>>
>>16998379
She's not showering. Just posting selfies in the bathroom
>>
>>16997977
I have some acquaintances, but no one that really knows me.
>>
>>16998766
I might try this
>>
File: EkYWPBx[1].jpg (573 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
EkYWPBx[1].jpg
573 KB, 1800x1200
>>16998480
>>16998480
>also i doubt you're actually autistic in social situations
i either don't say anything, or say something which has no followup that kills the conversations

i don't know how to talk. my whole life i've been "the quiet one"
>>
File: vOlsuqZ[1].jpg (277 KB, 848x1280) Image search: [Google]
vOlsuqZ[1].jpg
277 KB, 848x1280
>>16998766
i tried omegle
i have no clue what to type. help
>>
YO NICE DUMP OP
>>
>>>17000000
>>
File: UKtwH4K[1].jpg (96 KB, 431x604) Image search: [Google]
UKtwH4K[1].jpg
96 KB, 431x604
>>17000998
>>
>>17000824
Wow, she's got amazing body and face for someone as old as her. (Check hands).

Except, hairy arms god damn.
>>
File: 2wbu8J9[1].jpg (497 KB, 1280x1752) Image search: [Google]
2wbu8J9[1].jpg
497 KB, 1280x1752
>>
>>17000824
You aren't the only "quiet one". Its more common than you might think
>>
>>17001782
i am the quiet one in almost all groups. i literally say nothing. sometimes people even comment on the fact i haven't said anything
>>
>>16988264
You find somebody who you can talk to.
Some people you just can't.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-10-21-16h50m37s569.png (649 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-10-21-16h50m37s569.png
649 KB, 960x738
>>17001795
Yes I know how you feel. It happens to me too. Take baby steps. Say something little more everyday. In no time you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1324344924436.jpg (10 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1324344924436.jpg
10 KB, 124x124
>tfw you're the monday morning quarterback when it comes to conversations

it's the worst, it's like I just can't think on my feet, and all ways come up with something good when either the conversation has changed subjects or at the end of the day. Any suggestions?
>>
File: v17Cdej[1].jpg (450 KB, 936x1200) Image search: [Google]
v17Cdej[1].jpg
450 KB, 936x1200
>>16998766
>try practicing with omegle
bump

>open Omegle
>says to "say hi"
then what? it's easy to say hi, but what comes next? plz respond

inb4 "how are you"
>>
>>17001796
>Some people you just can't.
What if that's everyone, though? I can't relate to other humans probably because I just don't care about anything they care about.
>>
>>17000824
>>17002413
you have to realize that in order to properly communicate you have to actually care about the other person and what they have to say. or at least try to. you're asking advice about this stuff, which means you at least care about interpersonal relationships, but trust me when i say that you have to show interest in people so that they in turn will start to show interest in you. this is usually how friendships form, with similar interests or ideologies being a catalyst.

speaking of which, what are your interests and hobbies? maybe start there and try to join clubs or try to find people who share your interests. there has to be something that resonates to you about other people, whether it be interests or even similar life experiences.
>>
>>16993821
take pictures of naked ladies. get models on modelmayhem or craigs list or whatever. Pay em about $300 for half a day or something like $75 for an hour.

Nude or not you get to work on a hobby and practice talkignto girls! Don't hit on them though because that shit is uncool if you get a real model,
>>
>>17002475
>Pay em about $300 for half a day or something like $75 for an hour.
pay for the chance to talk to girls?
>>
>that webm
I want to be as small as a phone.
>>
>>16988387
read or listen to the book " How to be a boring doormat with no opinion and no spine whatsoever and just agree with everything everyone says "
>>
>>17002472
Don't really have any interests. I lift and watch movies mostly
>>
>>16988264
what's her snapchat
>>
>>17004059
Check her instagram, might be there
>>
>>16989224
>where are good places to practice? i don't know anyone to practice with, don't really go out (no friends)
Go out. Talk to people in the park, at the club, ask for a cig and talk, offer a cig and talk. Drink alcohol (not to much), talk to your grandma, talk to old people on the street. Just talk to people you meet and be positive, dont talk about negative things and just talk.
>>
>>17004619
What should I say to these people?

>hi, how are you?
then what? I don't know how to continue
>>
>>17004802
If you talk to someone randomly it's better if you have a reason, don't just say how are you.

Or do it, maybe they want to talk, too.
>>
>>17004839
What kind of reasons should I have.

And if I shouldn't talk to random people, where do I go to practice
>>
>>17004892
So if it's a girl, maybe complement her clothing choice. Ask if she likes a detail of the place you're at, has she ever been to a local restaurant, it's really good. How long has she been here, does she like it here. What does she do for a living, what she does for a hobby. And usually after you ask a question, you would listen and follow up with some information about yourself.
>>
File: 1456886851865.jpg (25 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1456886851865.jpg
25 KB, 612x380
>>17003678
other people are into films as well, you have nothing to say about that to people? no opinions about movies or actors and shit like that? also you can share your workout plan and stuff like that to possible gym bunnies, or just people in general. lots of people wanna get fit and be healthy, and if a conversation like that pops up just give advice and experiences. if you keep that up you might have yourself a gym buddy, and it'll just build from there. people like it when you actually put your thoughts and experiences out there for them to learn or relate to. what's stopping you from saying anything tho, do you just get too nervous and freeze up?

you also have to show a little vulnerability to people, be willing to make mistakes sometimes in social situations. just think of social interactions like a game, you place your cards out there and if they respond positively, you take note of that and try to improve on it. where as if you make a mistake no biggie, just pick yourself up and try again. the most important part of it all is to not take it too seriously, because no one else does either.
>>
File: UXVVW9l[1].jpg (101 KB, 1048x1076) Image search: [Google]
UXVVW9l[1].jpg
101 KB, 1048x1076
>>17005079
thanks, those are good topics

>>17005381
thanks

>you have nothing to say about that to people? no opinions about movies or actors and shit like that?
i don't have good opinions and can't really articulate my opinions either
like, the way i describe most things are as "it was okay", or "it's good", or "i didn't like it". i'm not good at describing why.
>>
File: CnxeaT0[1].jpg (292 KB, 1015x1522) Image search: [Google]
CnxeaT0[1].jpg
292 KB, 1015x1522
>>
you need to just have more conversations! one way to practice is to call different phone hot lines, or random phone numbers and just TALK to people. it will be easier through phone since it isnt face to face, and you'll have an endless list of people to talk to. the best/easiest humor in a conversation is observational humor, like making fun of things in your immediate vicinity (hey that lamp looks like a cats asshole) ya know things like that lol or just quote mitch hedberg all the time that dude was the king of one liners
>>
>>17005708
>call different phone hot lines, or random phone numbers
this does not sound like something people should do
>>
>>16997544
And that's when I realized I was an ass man.
>>
>>16995423
I'm in the exact same boat as you two. I just feel so goddamn boring all the time. Maybe some people just can't be interesting.

We should all start a society together
>>
>>17005381
ah ok then.

btw what movie did you watch recently? what did you think of it? any cool scenes that you liked? cool shots or lighting if you're more serious about films? what kind of film genres are you into?
>>
File: 6gGrsFs[1].jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
6gGrsFs[1].jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>>17006489
10 cloverfield. it was just "okay". some of the ending scenes were cool. i can watch any genre,

i do need to elaborate more on my thoughts, but it's not easy for me tbqh
>>
File: 1k52sSB[1].jpg (39 KB, 544x640) Image search: [Google]
1k52sSB[1].jpg
39 KB, 544x640
>>
File: OwjLMgC[1].jpg (170 KB, 1080x1123) Image search: [Google]
OwjLMgC[1].jpg
170 KB, 1080x1123
>>
be yourself m8
>>
>>17007060
Oh yeah? Why did you find the ending scenes cool? What did you think of the characters? The qt from thay scott pilgram movie was a main character right? What were some things you didnt like about the movie? Any particular director that youre fond of?

As you may or may not have noticed, im trying to get you to open up because i believe you can do it OP! But you really need to commit to being open around people of you want a social life and a gf. Sometimes you have to force yourself to attain your goal. How about you word vomit here? just say whatever comes in mind and try not to give a fuck about anyone else here. Dont think too much about what youre gonna say and just say it!
>>
File: kwtKxoR[1].jpg (219 KB, 933x933) Image search: [Google]
kwtKxoR[1].jpg
219 KB, 933x933
>>17009071
thanks, i noticed
i do need to be able to just say things about anything that comes to mind
>>
>>17009766
yeah OP i mean we can only help you so much on this, but i think you need to also help yourself. like be more introspective and ask yourself why you have such a hard time mingling with people and voicing your opinions. if you still can't figure it out maybe go seek out a therapist. like we don't know you but maybe a therapist will get to know you and really help you get to the bottom of this.

if you know the root cause of the problem then you'll have an easier time fixing it.
>>
>>17009016
>be yourself m8

That isn't true at all. Find and model after successful guys. Keep trying until you succeed. You're currently being yourself, yes? The yourself you are isn't getting any attention from girls, yes? Then you have to not be yourself.

Its simple logic.
>>
>where are good places to practice? i don't know anyone to practice with, don't really go out
get a hobby and stick with it, something where you meet up with people irl. you get to know new people and have something to talk about with other people.
Keep in mind that change is gradual and you might not even realize that you're changing.
Good luck and have fun
>>
>>17010422
Maybe I misunderatood what you said, but I think thats a pretty bad advice.Forcing yourself to be like someone else makes you miserable.

Sure look how charismatic people act and try it yourself. But if it doesnt feel right DONT FORCE it. If you like it, stick with it. You'll find your own way to deal with people.
>>
>>17010487
>Maybe I misunderatood what you said, but I think thats a pretty bad advice.Forcing yourself to be like someone else makes you miserable.
>Sure look how charismatic people act and try it yourself. But if it doesnt feel right DONT FORCE it. If you like it, stick with it. You'll find your own way to deal with people.

I've said it before, the reason women pick assholes and hate PUA is because it teaches women everything they hate about themselves and their reasons for choosing a guy for a one night stand or a long term relationship.

I've seen plenty of older, sad men not getting laid, while both old and young men who exhibit extrovert PUA traits are getting women of all ages to ride cock carousel.

Go ahead though. Keep being yourself and not having as many notches on your belt or as many girlfriends or exes as people your own age.

Its not rocket science.

If what you're currently doing isn't working, you need to do something else.
>>
>>17010494
Depends on what you want. Sure if you're out for getting One-Night-Stands advices from PUA might help. But if you're out for an emotional bond and long lasting relationships you should drop that attitude.
>>
>17010494
>Go ahead though. Keep being yourself and not having as many notches on your belt or as many girlfriends or exes as people your own age.
I do and I don't care. That's not what life is about.
>>
>>17009817
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>17010422
>>17010457
Thanks
Maybe I should try pua and go to a nightclub or something

Looking to start new hobbies soon
>>
>>17010494
what's the best PUA resource?
>>
>>17012689
>>17011614

There is no best. I think ethical and moral PUA is best. Roosh and other sources can do some unethical and immoral things.

But lets look at it rationally: When an attractive, outgoing guy goes out to a bar, he's looking to hook up as well. No one imputes bad intentions on him. He's looking to have sex WITH someone. When an ugly, anxious and socially awkward guy goes to a bar, he wants the same things, but because of his behavior, we impute bad intentions; he's looking to USE someone for sex rather than have sex WITH someone.

Its a subtle but important difference. Its the halo/horn effect, its a bunch of rationalizations that mean one guy is seen as creepy for his desires and another is seen as normal and even acceptable to women.

PUA levels that playing field. You don't have to take the most obvious examples of unethical or immoral behavior, such as emotionally abusing a girl.

From another angle, consider the following: Suppose a guy does well early in life. In middle school/high school, he's getting numbers, chatting like its nothing, and starting to get laid. He goes into the adult world just the same and keeps getting results, because success breeds success.

Because of his 'naturalness' in this behavior, he is seen as a perfectly fine, healthy individual... who just happens to enjoy the benefits of his behavior which is the output: sex.

He's not consciously practicing PUA, but he is living it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: PUA is NOT the creation of something that doesn't exist! PUA is the codifying of WHAT ALREADY HAS WORKED ON WOMEN FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

So, this natural guy who practices the PUA tenets and gets laid a lot, without ever having looked at a PUA source, is seen as a "good guy", and possibly at worse "an asshole" by women who feel spurned after one night in bed. He doesn't look like "a creep" to others, he isn't considered a "rapist".
>>
>>17012813
The awkward guys who can't get laid are the ones who will be labeled that way, despite the fact that they are down at bars or clubs, or on OKC or Tinder looking for the exact same thing. They aren't trying to rape anyone or they'd actually go out and do that instead.

To sum up, there's no one PUA source. You shouldn't feel bad for using PUA, as long as you don't cross any moral or ethical boundaries.

Before I had a complete shitfest text fight with a lesbian friend that ended our relationship, she urged me to use PUA-like tactics on girls such as negging, if I wanted to get laid. I never did that and she accused me of not listening to her. I had my ethics or morals. Maybe I shouldn't have if I wanted results? But I can sleep better at night for it.

Think once more about the guy that became a natural. He feels that it is natural to talk to a woman and have sex with her then or later that night.

Try to take hold of that feeling, that it is natural. Angry fat feminists would call it feeling entitled, but entitlement isn't about feeling you should be treated like other guys (e.g. able to get sex), entitlement is going out and physically hurting people or killing them, or raping them, because you think you're owed sex from a woman.

The biggest factor in getting laid is believing you're a normal guy like those others who do get laid, and therefore have as much "right" to find sex as anyone else. One can make the claim that you have the right to seek happiness (and if happiness is sex, then who can argue?), without being entitled. You have the right to try to be happy in the Western democratic countries. No angry red haired obese cunt calls a man or a woman entitled for trying to land a job in order to increase their own happiness.

No (insert feminist stereotype here) calls ANY woman entitled for crying about not being able to find a good man, or for going out to find sex with a hot guy,
>>
>>17012854
or using tinder to find a hot guy to fuck, despite the fact that they're trying to use a guy for LTR or a quick "good" fuck.

Women want to shame men. They've been very good at it, and if they know you practice PUA, they will try to shame you, despite other men naturally having learned the PUA lessons early in life and apply them successfully whenever they go out with others.

Is it the 'unnaturalness' of having to read and copy the behaviors that makes it immoral? The argument seems to be that, which boils down to "you can't have what others can have because if you have to work for it, you don't deserve it".

Even in this thread or others in /adv or hyper-feminist places like reddit, PUA is denounced as woman hating manipulation, presumably by women with libidos who want to find a guy to fuck later on and target one to ply their OWN brand of PUA on, with pushup bras, makeup, high skirts, and so on.

In short, listen to your ethics and morals. Take tips from any PUA source like roosh forums, but don't do anything you would hate yourself for later. Rationalize that you are not a bad person for wanting sex. You are normal. Recognize that women who shame you for trying to find sex are saying that they deserve to be in the sex game along with the "usual" men and you don't, its pure shaming and hypocrisy.
>>
>>17012689
Your dick

Just be yourself
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/07/dinah-lesbian-festival-women-palm-springs

>I’m staying at the Hilton in Palm Springs, which is hosting the famous Dinah pool parties, and the hotel feels like a homosexual harem.

>“Flashing is normal,” Charlotte, 24, told me. “I get flashed at a lot.” Random girls pulling you into their hotel rooms are also pretty standard.

>Most of the girls were too drunk to realize or care. [refer again to random girls pulling you into their hotel rooms above].

>“What’s your angle?” I ask her. “Well, you know, we’re going to show all the tits and ass,” she says, as her cameraperson zooms in on just that, “and then we’re going to show why it’s actually really meaningful.” She pauses for a moment. “So far though, all we’ve got is the tits and ass.”

>Being able to strip off at the Dinah, then, is an empowering experience for a lot of women; a chance to embrace and celebrate their sexuality in a safe space. [something men don't have, they cant flash, pull women into their rooms at random to have sex with them, etc, without being labeled predators or rapists].

>I don’t know that Ban Ki-moon should necessarily get the security council to strip into swimwear and grope each other. However, there’s certainly something affirmative and cathartic about the experience. As Leah, a DJ in Boston, told me: “It’s the experience that college should have been.”

On college campuses, this is called rape culture. Heterosexual intercourse IN sexual intercourse has been under attack for a long time by feminist propaganda. Its a dangerous world.

Where lesbians are lauded for dragging random women into hotel rooms to fuck them, flashing their tits and vaginas to signal interest, and thats all normal, males doing similar are sex predators and villains if they do this with women.

Don't kid yourselves. Women want to hurt men. They crave to hurt men. They do it through feminism.
>>
>>17013272
I hope for every one of these flashings there is a patrick bateman waiting to chainsaw them
>>
>>17013280
>17013280
Bruh no.

The point is, most women are moderate. Plenty of women out there aren't actual believers in rape culture. Plenty are actually fine with being pulled into a hotel room by a strange guy during a slutfest like this.

However, these women, the moderates of men as well, are not the ones making policy. These people need to speak up the most and shout down feminism and rape culture lies, especially in light of the way lesbians and gays behave.

Instead of wishing death on lesbians, which is pretty stupid and no better than feminists, women need to start being shamed for not speaking up in defense of men who do the same things and are called predators for it. Women need to be shamed into crying out "not me, I disavow this radical feminism that says guys at colleges or anywhere else who do the same thing as lesbians are predators and rapists, when lesbians are considered emancipated sexually for doing the same acts". We need to apply pressure to women to denounce feminism the same way feminists applied pressure to men for 120 years.

The only conclusion of women staying silent when lesbians do this kind of thing such as public pubic exposure to random crowd members and getting appluaded for embracing sexuality, for pulling random drunk girls into hotel rooms for sex and being applauded for that as well, and for condemning and wanting to criminalize men who do this, is that women want to hurt men. They don't actually care about men or their sexuality.

lets see them prove otherwise.
>>
>>17010487
It's a crutch. You need to experience new things somehow, so you can discover parts of yourself that you never knew existed. Then you can truly be yourself, instead of a solipsist idea of what you thought you were.
>>
>>16988264
Say random shit, like i got penut butter in my booty hole
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.