[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have $1000 and want a bike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 750x750
Any bike enthusiasts here? Thinking a street bike but idk.
>>
>>16988245
idk man depends what you want to do with it, bmx's are hard to steal, so idk
>>
>>16988245
Is this your first bike?

If yes, don't blow $1000.

>Thinking a street bike but idk.

We dk either, are you ever planning on riding on grass, dirt, or gravel?
>>
>>16988254
It's for riding around town a lot. Going to work, school, and the like.
>>
>>16988259
I really don't know. Grew up with a mountain bike of course. There are dirt roads around and maybe I'd want to jump curbs and stuff when riding around the neighborhood.
>>
>>16988265
where do you live, what's your height
>>
>>16988292
I live in a first world country and I'm like 171cm tall
>>
>>16988305
a medium hardtail mountain bike and spend ~$200 on good bike locks. Or look around for a good cyclocross bike, maybe used off pinkbike. idk, still buy the best locks/chain
>>
>>16988540
>spend ~$200 on good bike locks

....a fantastic bike lock will run you 40-60. "Spend $200". Who the fuck says this shit. What does OP need, 4 damn locks?
>>
>>16988603
I have a chain thats almost cut proof that cost close to 90 and two U-locks which ran me 80 in total. and a padlock for the chain.. spending 200 to protect a 1000+ bike is good idea, i myself can break those "fantastic" bike locks you admire in a few minutes with a hammer and grinder.
>>
>>16988614
>a few minutes with a hammer and grinder.

Duh, that's stupid. I guarantee if I have a few minutes with a grinder I can cut your bike free of your "almost cut proof chain" or your locks. No lock/bike can stand up to a few minutes with a grinder.

If you are parking your bike where someone's apt to tackle it for a few minutes with a grinder, you need to park it somewhere else.
>>
>>16988630
its okay anon, i know you want to talk to someone., no need to continue with this façade of circleposting.
>>
>>16988642
>this façade of circleposting.

nigga what...I called you out for saying something stupid.
>>
>>16988668
>something stupid
>i called you out
>nigga
>>
id recommend buy something cheap to get started but if you want to spend alot on a bike i reccoment a affinity or fuji bike but i prefer affinity because its steel last long and looks aplha af but be careful it doesnt get stolen
>>
>>16988245
You're so lucky, OP. I wish this was the least of my problems.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.