[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ex-gf had an abortion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: pregnant.jpg (3 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
pregnant.jpg
3 KB, 276x183
I left my girlfriend because she had an abortion and didn't told me anything about it. I told her that I respect her decision but we can't be together because our different moralities. She told me that it was okay. Next thing she does is telling her friends about it and they think I am an asshole for not accepting her choice and they won't talk to me until I apologize.

Should I apologize to get in good term with my friends or it's not worthy? I mean, I didn't like her decision but it's not like I wasn't polite with her after I knew about the fact.
>>
>>16987436
don't apologize. you apologize now and you'll start apologizing your whole life for how you feel. girls will always gossip about their ex's in life and make you out to be the bad guy. that's a part of life man. I could tell you more about not apologizing for your beliefs, but just stand up for what you believe, don't apologize, and if people have a problem with it, too bad. It's your life, you have the right to believe what you believe. They have the right to be upset, but you should never apologize. You're in the perfect right now..
>>
Don't apologize. If they can't hear your side of the story without making assumptions or still be cool with you even though they have different opinions, that's their problem.
>>
OP, I'm afraid you haven't given us enough information to make a sound moral judgment. We could judge based on purity, but not on morality, and purity judgments are indeed for assholes. Was this all the information you had?

To make a moral judgment, we'd have to know how she feels now. People can and do change over time: indeed, going from pro-choice to pro-life after having an abortion isn't all that uncommon. The woman at the center of Roe v. Wade did so herself. So for all we know, your ex may have realized the error of her ways (from your perspective), and if that were to be the case, then it would be grossly unfair to hold it against her.

So my questions are about the present, not the past. Does she still think she did nothing wrong (if, in fact, she ever thought that at all)?
>>
>>16987495

The thing that bothers me is that she didn't told me about it.
>>
>>16987763

Who cares man. You dodged a bullet.

If she wasn't ready and pulled the pin... goood for her.
>>
>all the pro-life idiots in this thread
kek, shouldn't have expected anything else from 4chan
>>
>>16989091
*likes*
>>
>all the pro-choise idiots in this thread
kek, shouldn't have expected anything else from 4chan
>>
>>16987436

Are you a man, or beta? If your a man, stick to your answer and don't back down. If they can't respect your choice, then they are not your friends.
>>
>>16987436
SHE ABORTED (PRESUMABLY) YOUR BABY WITHOUT CONSULTING YOU FIRST!!! SHE'S A FUCKING SCUMBAG!!!
>>
>>16987436
I think the biggest problem is she didn't even bother telling you anything about it. You shouldn't keep secrets from each other especially something as big as that. Don't bother apologizing. She's completely in the wrong.
>>
>>16987436

explain your side. if they disagree, fuck em. they are the ones drawing a line in the sand. you are the one asking to all be friends despite differences.
>>
>>16987763
>The thing that bothers me is that she didn't told me about it.

This is what you need to tell those asshole friends if you need to talk to them.
>>
>they think I am an asshole for not accepting her choice

i.e. they disagree with your morality.

I mean I think you handled this perfectly fine, breaking up for differing moralities is perfectly fine, even if I disagree with you on abortion - and her friends are obligated to think you're an asshole simply for breaking up with her, so who the hell knows if this is really what they think?

seriously though, pro-life is meme as fuck. There's only one coherent line to draw, and that's at "viability outside the womb", meaning pre-viable fetuses aren't separate beings yet. Anything closer and the logical argument evaporates, and you end up with silly shit like "masturbation = genocide"
>>
>>16987436
you are entitled to your opinion, same as everyone else. it doesnt have to be as dramatic as these people seem to be making it, theres nothing wrong with disagreeing on subjective ideas.
>>
>>16989091

Roastie detected.
>>
Dont appologize.
>>
>>16990291
There's also a strong logical argument for a coherent line being at conception. "Genetically unique life" seems to be a pretty good descriptor of what needs protecting. That way you don't get into the "masturbation = genocide" nonsense, but you don't have to have fuzzy lines like "first trimester" or clear atrocities like "viability outside the womb."
>>
>>16991568
okay then, take a fertilized egg out of the uterus and please tell me what happens
>>
OP is essentially butthurt that people think his morals are stupid

stop being triggered over others not sharing your opinions and move on
>>
>>16992439
You seem like the type to let people step on you often. OP, don't listen to this fuck. Tell them how she didn't tell you about it, then if they still think you should apologize, they aren't your friends.
>>
You're a fucking idiot. I'm sure she's glad she's not dating a fucking idiot anymore. Unless it was your baby she aborted, what fucking business if it of yours? You should be glad she aborted and didnt ruin her life by having kids at a young age. Jesus christ dude fucking kill yourself you useless retard. Give me her number and ill take her off your hands, faggot.
>>
>>16992742
If=is. Raging so hard at your idiocy i cant type properly anymore
>>
>>16991437
>>16991568
Kill yourselves
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.