[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get a job? Just filling out applications hasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: disappointment_intensifies.jpg (13 KB, 885x642) Image search: [Google]
disappointment_intensifies.jpg
13 KB, 885x642
How do you get a job? Just filling out applications hasn't been working at all.
>>
File: just b yourself.gif (4 MB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
just b yourself.gif
4 MB, 350x350
>>16987314
Just bee yourself.
>>
>>16987314
So, if you're applying to be CEO of Walmart, it's going to be pretty tough. But applying to be a cashier at Walmart is drop-dead easy.

What jobs are you applying for?
>>
>>16987314

That's pretty much all you can do. The job market is shit right now.
>>
>>16987363
Cashiers and clerk jobs.
>>
Do you call the day after you apply ?
>>
I got jobs by applying to more than 50 retail and food places, looking in the local newspaper under help wanted (they are pretty desperate if they need to advortise in a place not many young people look), and through friends who know the hiring managers.
>>
>>16987314
Research the company you're applying to and come up with some good bullshit about why you really, really want to work for that company.

Generic applications go straight in the trash.
>>
>>16987413
Try fast food first
>>
>>16987489
No, why?
>>
>>16987654
This OP
When my friend used to work at dons in Highschool he said they would take literally anyone especially if they just had a filled out resume since they were always understaffed . Work your way up the chain to become Entrepeneur then , friend .
>>
>>16988341
This is a major reason
If you JUST APPLY and don't call , pretty much your ducked . Call in the day always and ask about interviews and such.
For your next job try it op
>>
>>16987314
It's more often applied to higher-end, professional jobs, but actually networking and getting to know people where you want to work is powerful anywhere. Find someone who works at a place you want to apply. Take them out for coffee. Ask about their job, explain your desire to work there. Then when you next apply, ping them again to tell them you did, ask for their help in making sure the decision makers see your application.

Shit works. I applied for jobs at a company I liked for YEARS and didn't even get a 'thanks anyway' until I got introduced to people there. Had some lunches, knew some names to drop in my cover letter, got an interview the next time, then a job. Nearly all the work I've done since has been thanks to in-person referrals.
>>
>>16988341
because it shows your interested and people are more likely to give you a chance if you make them personally invested in you, you stupid fuck.

its like you people were raised in the woods by wolves
>>
>>16987413
Just those? You have more chances if you apply for other kinds of jobs and are willing to travel further away from your home.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.