[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hernia surgery 8 years ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: elon_man.jpg (35 KB, 443x324) Image search: [Google]
elon_man.jpg
35 KB, 443x324
Now in the past 2 years, and much so today, have been having intermittent pain in my groin.

the past few days have held elevated pain for me. there seems to be some inflammation on the cord and pain when pushing on the region of the inguinal canal (not the surgery site where they went in which was farther up my body, was open not laproscopy)

sometimes it feels like something is shifting... yet nothing can be felt, no buldge. just some minor swelling of the cords. and pain of course.

what is going on? what can i do to reduce this? i know cannabis is a pretty good anti-inflammatory, can i use that?

if i don't feel a buldge, is it still possible i could be having a problem with it coming back?

there was one incident, where i felt severe tearing pain all the way up from my groin to my stomach, i imagine the inguinal canal. ever since then, when i do get pain it is slightly worse than what i was experiencing (i think/feel like) it has never been that bad again though.
>>
>>16987014
Bait
>>
>>16987016
what? how does this even remotely look like bait, was it the cannabis part?
>>
Med student here.
Best case scenario: new hernia on the same spot. It can happen, however its uncommon if they used a prolene screen (I guess that's how they call it in english)

Worst case scenario: chronic inguinal pain is a possible complication from the surgery. There isn't much to do about it.

I suggest that you see a doctor so that they can physically examine you.
>>
>>16987049
from where i sit, the best and worst cases are reversed. Pain can be managed. The surgeon did not opt to use the mesh screen btw.

If it comes back, the chances of it happening again increase quite a bit from what i remember him telling me, is that correct?

I'm hoping it's the chronic pain, as i wont have medical insurance for much longer.

so if it is a new hernia, the inflammation is a sign of a new tear? so there wont be a buldge for now but maybe later on?
>>
>>16987014
Here's a really bizarre off-the-wall idea:

See a doctor.
>>
Swollen testicles and or testicle pain?
>>
>>16987115
doctor's office is closed today, homie. Thanks for the suggestion though!

>>16987864
no swollen testicles. the tubes that run down feel inflamed where they meet the inguinal canal. the pain persists today.
>>
>>16987932
also, hurts a tad to cough sometimes
>>
>>16987932

It may be an infection, but if you at all suspect it may be testicular torsion, you need to go to the ER right now. A testicle can be saved if you restore the blood flow within six hours. I waited two days when I had it, because I had no idea what it was, and a doctor told me it was probably an infection. I lost that testicle because of that.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.