[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't have a natural calling. I'm anxious, depressed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1372999103772.jpg (145 KB, 640x923) Image search: [Google]
1372999103772.jpg
145 KB, 640x923
I don't have a natural calling. I'm anxious, depressed, and I lack motivation, but I don't want to become a bum. What are some good fields to major in? I live in the United States.
>>
An easy degree to attain that will gurrantee you a job is a nursing degree. it pays well and doesnt require much academic work.
>>
>>16986432
Unfortunately in a lot of places the workforce is flooded with Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Registered Nurses (RNs). Normally it's a pretty safe field, but in some places nurses have had their hours cut back if they are lucky, laid off if they are not.
>>
Your beating a dead horse unless you get your attitude and goals right first. Ask yourself why don't you want to be a bum. Really think about it. What are the casual factors to how you feel? Good luck friend
>>
>>16986427
Trades.
School is a waste of time if you don't have a job waiting for you.

Your choices are wide but some typical trades are electrician, plumber or welder.
>>
>>16986553
I don't want to be a bum because I have family to support, and I'd like to live at least somewhat comfortably later in life. I appreciate your wishes.
>>16986581
>waste of time
Interesting. I'll consider learning a trade on the side.
>>
MIG or TIG welder. Mig is easier but pays less, TIG is more challenging but once you learn how to do it, it becomes easy. TIG pays more.

You get to sit your whole shift, listen to music, and nobody bothers you. Welding is actually fun, too. It's satisfying.

I went to an employment agency called Randstad and they set me up with a job within 24 hours. I got certified for TIG in February, took only three months. Paid 3k for the class.
>>
Is that an Asian Madison Ivy
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.