[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meeting new People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I'm self employed and I have spent too many consecutive months locked up in my apartment working. I'd like to get out and meeting new people (that includes going on dates with women and meeting new dude friends).

I've been checking out meetup.com, searching for events on facebook in my area, and asking around, but I'm coming up dry.

What are some good ways to meet people? It should be noted I don't drink, but I'm open to going to bars it just feels weird going to a bar and not drinking.
>>
I've also been using Tinder, Bumble, and Okcupid on the dating front
>>
>>16986271
Bump
>>
Meetup.com is exactly how you do it, just keep at it. Also explore other websites that list events in your area. It'll be easy once you make friends with at least three people who have their own connections
>>
Maybe try craigslist.
>>
>>16986271

You could try going to a bar and nursing a couple beers to make it just authentic enough but not feel the affects of alcohol.

I have a similar problem though. I've been living at a college university for a couple of years, have been to a events here and there, and even hung out with a few people. I still don't have any friends here. I didn't think it was that important to make a thread, because it would take up space and the only advice I would get is to "just b urself".

I think we'd both have to just throw in the towel, and admit the life we have chosen is a lonely one.
>>
Yup this is me in a month.

Bamp
>>
Take some community college classes for things you're interested like cooking or something. That'll get you interacting with people.

If you're into tabletop games try a local gaming store.
>>
get 5g of cocaine and go to a nightclub
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.