[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to avoid conversations on sex/sexuality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: f0Dya[1].jpg (45 KB, 494x328) Image search: [Google]
f0Dya[1].jpg
45 KB, 494x328
I'm a man in his mid twenties, as I a child and early teen I was chronically raped and abused. I'm okay with the fact, although unfortunate. Despite this I still have an extremely difficult time discussing things related it to it. I don't care what somebody does or doesn't do with their body unless they're violating or hurting someone. Often times I am not given the same courtesy, and it affects my ability to make friends. The topic comes up now and again, of course. I'm not a very good liar, so when I tell them the truth they often start treating me strangely or jumping the shark with who I am as a person. I don't feel comfortable enough to label my sexuality and when I try to describe my history and preferences in any minutia they seem to get aggressive or upset, either because I can't describe it in one sentence, or feel the need to council or dictate how I need to handle my own body, even though I myself am comfortable. I've been told to just decline, or just push the conversation along to another subject but often I just get odd looks, or people just get more curious and pry further. I also don't want to seem standoffish either. Even my best friend from childhood friend will rag on me about it, although mostly in social settings. It can get extremely frustrating and often puts a barrier in my friendships.
>>
Make asexual friends they don't care about sex and never bring it up
>>
>>16986237
quit being a faggot. literally no psychological issue is fixed/improved by avoidance
>>
>>16986237
OP trust me no matter how hard you try to ignore your problems they will always find a way to come into your life and fuck you up. The best thing to do is try and find a way to make it not bother you anymore because in this era of EVERYTHING being sexual you cant avoid it.
>>
>>16986237
It sounds like the issue is you hiding behind that excuse. I got sexually abused as a child as well. Yes, it sucked. But honestly? It doesn't effect me at all now. I COULD play on the fact that I was abused, and make a big deal out of it, or I could just move on with my life. I don't even think about it now, nor let it dictate me. Aside from the fact that it happened, it has no real bearing on my life.

Yes, people deal with things differently. But when people have to change their behaviour around you, you're going to find yourself ostracized, because people can't talk about sexual stuff with you around because you dwell on the fact that you were abused. It's like that one guy that takes urmom jokes personally, to the point where he gets all upset because his mom is dead. You can either dwell on things and let them effect you, or move on. It's really your call.
>>
>>16986365
I don't see myself using it as an excuse and I don't dwell on it. I just don't appreciate when people intervene, concerning personal inclinations that don't damage other people.
>>
>>16986446
Sorry, OP again, don't want to post twice, but I think I should clarify. I don't mind jokes, but they seem malicious rather than just poking fun. And I want people who are apathetic to negative preferences. (Not to be conflated with with disprefrence.)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.