[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
free advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: anonisin.jpg (23 KB, 379x396) Image search: [Google]
anonisin.jpg
23 KB, 379x396
try to include enough context for me to give a sensible answer

I've got a few hours
>>
also fuck newmoot, this google+ layout burns
>>
File: 1458927670252.jpg (67 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1458927670252.jpg
67 KB, 850x400
>>16986210

Girl and guy like each other
Girl and guys make eye contact
Girl and guy try to talk to each other by doing things like leave class at the same time, or walking close to each other
Girl and guy tell themselves they will talk the next day for sure
Girl and guy never talk to each other
Girl and Guy wasted their time and lost "the one".
>>
I've got a solid girlfriend who's sweet and awesome, but I have the oppertunity to go across the state(California) for college.(I'm going from a community college to a four year, so I'm 20 atm).

If I go she said we have to break up. What should I do? I'm literally at the biggest crossroad and decision of my life
>>
>>16986216
>what is April fools?

Dumbass
>>
>>16986246
You're going to have your education for the rest of your life, the girl probably not. Don't be stupid because 'muh feelings'. And yes, she will immediately start fucking other men and taking their penises in her mouth, this girl that you love.
>>
File: 1459369582746.jpg (922 KB, 2048x1480) Image search: [Google]
1459369582746.jpg
922 KB, 2048x1480
Imperial Arms Pegasus !!fuGth1sh1t

Should I just get a Latina gf if I'm halfbreed?
>>
>>16986210
What's the best of advice you've ever received or what was the most important thing you've learned?
>>
yo,
went to a concert last night and met up with some friends from school. By the end of the night, two of the girls were hooking up with random strangers and two of my friends were hooking up right in front of me. It was just me, one of my bros, and this freshman chick who came along on a whim. Suddenly she asked me to dnace, and so we ended up making out by the end of it too. I get to second base, feel her ass and tits, and all of us part ways after the concert is over.

So today rolls around, and I see freshman around school and we talk about the concert and our massive hangovers. Besides that, this chick basically is acting the same as before the concert like nothing happened.

I want some more of that ass tho. How would I ask for another round without acting like I'm creeping on her? I now it was at a concert, and we were drunk, but this chick is fine, and I want her mine. Is it ok for me to pursue this girl just after a concert hook up?
>>
>>16986288
tripfag struggling to stay relevant
>>
>>16986338
Imperial Arms Pegasus !!fuGth1sh1t
>struggling

My posts are most of this board's content
>>
Really like this one girl, dunno if she likes me. How do I proceed? I can give further context, but I don't really know what else to add.
>>
>>16986246
go with the school man

>>16986250
I'm not sure, I think it might be here to stay
also it's not funny

>>16986300
probably that you shouldn't feel obliged to give anyone a reaction

>>16986313
people go to concerts just to hook up with randoms, don't presume too much about it
you can persue her, sure man
>>
>>16986406
you should probably ask someone who has seen you two together

if you don't hang out or talk to her or anything you should get onto that
>>
How do i stop being afraid of rejection? Theres this guy ive fancied for a week now. We both have the same interests and he seems to be interested in me too. How i stop being autismo and take risks? Every guy that asked me out, ive rejected. Its getting ridiculous now and i really want to make it work this time
>>
>>16986575
well that's a tough one
how do you let go of rejection fear?

I think maybe after a few relationships it all seems a bit less life or death, and the more self confidence you hate the less you end up measuring yourself by the relationships you have in others
>>
>>16986575
>How do i stop being afraid of rejection?

By being rejected a lot. You won't meet even .00000001% of the people on this planet, so if you get rejected by one do you think that's the end of the world? People place way too much importance on themselves. No matter how ugly the world is, most people are nice.
>>
>>16986313
Pinch her butt when no one is looking
>>
It's been already 5 months since my break-up, she never called or texted me again.
She's never coming back, right?

I don't know how to deal with this pain, i loved her so much. I don't find any purpose in life anymore, i'm depressed, i can't enjoy anything. A few days ago i dreamed that she called me and said she missed me, when i woke up and realized it was all just a dream i cried for hours.
I'm 24 and she is 25, we dated for one and a half year, and during this time i put in much, MUCH more effort into the relationship than she did, i was much more passionate and happy about the whole thing. This makes me wonder, was i ever what she wanted?

I understand that going through this will probably make me a much better person, but it's still unbearably painful. She's everything i wanted...
>>
How do I tell if a one night stand might be down for another round?
>>
Freaking out a bit here can't reach my colleges counciling line or 4chan on a computer "connection error". Freaking out a bit since this is a is my first time reaching out in... well ever. Test.
>>
>>16986953
fuck. my relationship just ended a little less than a month ago, just about everything is exactly the same as you mentioned. hope i dont end up like you.

im starting to come to the realization that i'm not what she really wanted, and that's ok. it's kind of a shitty thing of her to keep me around for so long, but people are shitty. but just because im not the right person for her, is not a reflection of me. im sure im the right person for someone else, because i deserve to be loved with as much passion as i put out into the world, and so do you anon.

hope this helped, it's certainly been helping me. still in daily agony though, but its getting better
>>
>>16986953
I...uh
I can relate

for a while it's going to seem like she left a really big hole, and that a lot of other things are kind of tied to her memory

I was bent out of shape for a long time, so I don't really have any answers for you

it does get better though given time, it's hardest at the start
>>
>>16986954
you ask her

>>16986958
do you want to talk about something?
I'm not really tech support so I can't help much logistically
>>
>>16986953
>we dated for one and a half year,

Literally dont feel bad for you. That's nothing.
>>
>>16986971
Idk, I've just been too much of a pussy in my life to admit when im in need. Then when the moment comes and my pride is broken enought, my college support system wont let me in, and 4chan is busted up too? Like its almost comedic in the timing, right? Dont worry anon, im not goona off myself or anything, but this is the first real time I've tried to ask for real help, and damn. Shit fails
>>
>>16986972
don't be an ass anon
>>
>>16986498
it's not here to stay, it's making fun of 'anonymous' by making the set up not anonymous, it'll go back to normal soon, especially since the loading screen is still the same
>>
>>16986991
lots of imageboards run auto-gen names as a legit feature

it help people keep track of people without encouraging trip-fagging

some like 7chans are just a joke

so if this is a joke, it's not very original
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Should I go to my old coworker's birthday bbq? This is the first time I've been invited to a birthday ever since I was 12, aside from family and relative birthdays.

He is a little disgusting (ie. he farts a lot out loud at work, draws attention to it). He's also a little obnoxious when in public. He also threw me under the bus after I left work to go back to school (which I found out through another old coworker). When I was working with him I noticed that he threw people under the bus every now and then, so I shouldn't have been disappointed to hear that he threw me under the bus, but I was a little disappointed because I thought we got along very well. I've told him stuff that I don't tell anyone else and I told him not to tell anyone else what I told him, but he ended up telling others. Sometimes his jokes do get out of taste though; one time he put a sticky note at the back of a coworker (not me) that said "Kick me". He's never been mean to me in front of my face though, which is kind of nice. He's in his late 30's, I'm in my early 20's, if that matters.

With the above said, I can be a total goof ball with him. I can make awkward jokes with him and he will laugh at them. And the same goes for him. Am I being nitpicky with the above paragraph?
>>
>>16987018
all things are relative I suppose, it depends on how picky you are in general

did he invite just you or your other co-workers as well?
>>
File: anonisout.jpg (23 KB, 355x369) Image search: [Google]
anonisout.jpg
23 KB, 355x369
>>
>>16987062
I'm not sure, he texted me the invitation. I feel like asking him who else is going would be rude if I end up not attending later on.
>>
>>16986210
Should I ask the girl I like / dont know that well out? I feel like it could be very awkward but i really want to give it a shot.
She is very quiet so idk what to do with her, i dont know what she likes but theres a good gig coming up which im into. should i just go out on a whim and ask her?
Help please
>>
>>16989222
Yes, you should go for it.
>>
File: 1370989096288.jpg (84 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1370989096288.jpg
84 KB, 500x496
I have a group of friends, 3 of them are particularly close to each other. Normally we get along pretty good, but lately they have been avoiding me, not making eye contact, not behaving like normal when around me. I think I did something to make them mad, but I don't know what and I am a social retard, so I probably said something to one of them that came out wrong or something. I'm thinking about just talking to them and basically saying "hey guys, I am kind of getting the feeling that you're upset at me about something, and I really don't know what. If that's the case, I'd like to apologize for it. I like you guys and don't want to do anything that'll make you dislike me, so sorry." Is this weird or bad at all? what should i do if it is?
>>
I got a big fat tax return. What should I blow it on?
>>
>>16989679
A 1911
>>
>>16989680
What would I do with a gun?
>>
>>16989693
shoot the shit
>>
>>16989669
>hey guys, I am kind of getting the feeling that you're upset at me about something, and I really don't know what.
good start
>If that's the case, I'd like to apologize for it.
STOP RIGHT THERE -- you don't know what you're apologizing for. don't apologize for something that you're not even sure exists. it could be nothing. they could just be going through a stressful time at school or something (exams are just around the corner).
alternatively, it could also be something small or big. but you never know until you ask why.
lastly, they could also be assholes. no one knows until you ask why.

it doesn't even have to be that formal.
try something like
>hey guys, is everything okay? did i say something wrong or fuck something up?" then they can come clean and tell you whats up, and if there's anything that you did. if they don't tell you anything and they're still avoiding you then it sounds like they don't see you the same way as you see them.
>>
What is 2 + 2?
>>
>>16989741
when i grew up, 2 + 2 = 4, but im not sure what they're teaching kids these days
>>
File: 1322426434474.png (8 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1322426434474.png
8 KB, 570x533
>>16989716
alright, thanks for the advice
>>
File: 1454234384122.jpg (44 KB, 430x323) Image search: [Google]
1454234384122.jpg
44 KB, 430x323
>>16989741
well if you want to be able to do this problem the first thing you have to do is make tens with it. We know that 10 - 2 = 8, so 2 + 8 = 10 as well. Now that we have (2+8) + (2+8) = 20, we can do the final step. We know that 8+8=16, so we must subtract 16 from 20 in order to get the final answer, since that's what we added in the first place. So 20 - 16 = 4 = 2 + 2. Every other way to do this is wrong and this is the only way you should ever do this if you ever want to have any hope of doing calculus in your head.
>>
>>16989887
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.