[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have crush on coworker >we live about 10 minutes away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11
File: 5463453454355.jpg (84 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
5463453454355.jpg
84 KB, 500x748
>have crush on coworker
>we live about 10 minutes away from each other
>she is moving to another branch of the company, so I won't see her at work anymore
>today is her last day, i emailed her: hope you're well, good luck in her new position.
>she replied: how have you been? thanks, please stay in touch and have a good weekend.
w-would it be weird to email her on Monday and ask to get a coffee sometime?

i do have her number, got it 6 months ago, but have never texted her before, so i think it would be weird to text her out of the blue

or is this idea autistic and will make her ignore me and tell her new coworkers about the weirdo who asked her out over email?
>>
>>16985911
It wouldn't hurt to try and the chances of you EVER seeing her again are super slim. Unless you guys have like company parties and branches get together or something. Do it OP, you have nothing to lose. Don't worry about rejection, it's the only way to progress in life. You have to fail to move forward. Fuck her coworkers.

btw email or text, personally I don't think it matters which, but texting seems to be a more personal form of contact. I'd go with texting.
>>
>>16985929
>Unless you guys have like company parties and branches get together or something
in december there are two big parties where people from every branch is invited, but nothing else.

i think i'll email. i've never texted her before, don't want to surprise her with a text. would rather continue the email chain

we're not that close either, i've never contacted her on skype for example.. but i never contact anyone on skype, i'm a friendless loser

is there a good way to word the email?
>>
File: vQIfk1X[2].png (877 KB, 573x633) Image search: [Google]
vQIfk1X[2].png
877 KB, 573x633
bump
was thinking of emailing the following on monday
>i've been good. do you want to grab a coffee sometime in (cityname) [we live in the suburbs and commute to work]

what exactly does 'please keep in touch' mean?
we have going away emails at work, and everyone writes it. she wrote it in her email.
is it just a nice thing to say? asking for a coffee is a way to keep in touch right?
>>
File: 54455645645.jpg (86 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
54455645645.jpg
86 KB, 640x640
>>
>>16986171
It's just an empty platitude. No one actually means anything by it. Please tell me that's not her. Come on, OP.
>>
>>16986463
that's not her

i assumed it was just a platitude. so would asking her out for coffee be a bad move? afraid she'll tell someone i asked her out and people will gossip about me
>>
>>16986477
Just go for it, dude. You literally have nothing to lose. Muster up all the courage in your body for 10 seconds and ask her out.
>>
>>16986525
o-okay, thanks
>>
Your feelings are right, but you're obviously not used to asking girls out.

I would say something like "I'm doing well, just keeping busy. I'll definitely keep in touch.

If you're free this week, we should grab coffee."

Be confident but not too confident, be clear in what you want to do. Don't say "we should go out for coffee, or something." Say "we should go out for coffee."

If she agrees, just ask what her schedule is looking like and set up a date.

On the date just be yourself, make her laugh, and focus on good eye contact and keeping the conversation flowing. Show genuine interest in her as a person, don't think about sex or she'll sense your frustration when things don't go as expected. Even if things are going well.
>>
File: 232314121231.jpg (91 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
232314121231.jpg
91 KB, 720x960
>>16986760
>On the date just be yourself, make her laugh, and focus on good eye contact and keeping the conversation flowing.
how do i do this if i'm socially retarded? i'm not good at sustaining conversation or making people laugh. i don't have any funny stories or anything
>>
File: SiALvKV[1].jpg (117 KB, 641x960) Image search: [Google]
SiALvKV[1].jpg
117 KB, 641x960
>>
>>16986765
Intentionally spill your drink on yourself. Now you have something funny to talk about.
>>
>>16987249

no.
>>
>>16985911
Text her and see what happens. If she rejects you, fine - you will get over it. If she doesn't well enjoy your date.

Life too short to wait before decisions, you do things, you fail, do some more, you fail until you eventually get it right more and more.
>>
>>16986765
You just fucking doing it, you massive autist. Do you need someone to hold your hand, sit behind you and whisper each step in your ear? You're a grown man, learn to act.

You want to date this woman. Invite her on a date, figure out who she is, show her who you are, see where it goes from there. The more you rely on Etruscan basket weaving imageboards for life advice, the less chance you'll ever have of being an independent and confident human being.
>>
>>16985962
>in december
Oh gosh, don't wait that long.

She might already tried to give you a hint here:
>>today is her last day, i emailed her: hope you're well, good luck in her new position.
>>she replied: how have you been? thanks, please stay in touch and have a good weekend.
Maybe she only wanted to act nice, but you don't know as long as you don't ask her out. Ask her for something simple.
>>
File: pclelk1[1].jpg (98 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
pclelk1[1].jpg
98 KB, 750x750
>>16987265
thanks

>>16987292
>Do you need someone to hold your hand, sit behind you and whisper each step in your ear? You're a grown man, learn to act.
i have no friends in real life, and that's partly because i don't know how to converse properly

i w-would like some advice on this tbqh
>>
>>16986477
>i assumed it was just a platitude. so would asking her out for coffee be a bad move? afraid she'll tell someone i asked her out and people will gossip about me
Why are you afraid of this? I mean, what could go wrong what would be really bad? Letting others know, that you are a man and interested in a woman and wanted to know, if there might be more?
>>
>>16986765
Gosh, I want to hit the left one hard. Got more of her?
>>
Do it faggot

Women like confidence. Text her email too formal dickweed Just do it
>>
File: 12122313423.jpg (66 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
12122313423.jpg
66 KB, 500x667
>>16987336
i don't want to text because i've never texted her before
i got her number 8 months ago and only for work purposes. basically, told her i wanted it just in case something came up and i needed to reach her
texting seems weird, i may have to introduce myself again if she didn't save my number or deleted it. continuing an email chain seems like it would make more sense

>>16987305
i suppose you're right. maybe just the weird, aspie guy with no friends is asking out a cute grill thing might be odd

>>16987308
i don't, reverse image search doesn't find any results either
>>
>>16987346
does she "knows" you: If you write her a mail, does she know who is that guy (you) who wrote her?
You said you talked to her, was that in the near past or also 8 months ago?

Just ask her out dude. You don't need to use some special words or long texts.
Assuming you talked/saw her 1-3 weeks ago, then just write her that you liked to talk to her and don't want to lose contact too. Then simply ask "what do you think about a coffee together at [place], [time]?". Maybe even a more direct approach would be better.
Then wait for response. If she's fine with this, great, you meet her. If a rejection, then well move on, she's just not interested.
In general: Be relaxed, not needy, be easy to talk to, try to be honest and directly as possible and try to explain what you want and also understand what the other person wants to explain.
Get your balls, do it and learn of it. But one thing I know for sure: If you are not doing anything, you will not get something out it. Even more: This girl will forget you.
>>
File: Cnrgumh[1].jpg (178 KB, 1920x1162) Image search: [Google]
Cnrgumh[1].jpg
178 KB, 1920x1162
>>16987433
thanks for the advice
she knows who i am, we worked together on a project abut 8 months ago. we see each other at work rarely.

>You said you talked to her, was that in the near past or also 8 months ago?
last time i spoke to her in person was 5 months ago

i think i'll just email and ask if she's free for a coffee this week
>>
>>16987451
>last time i spoke to her in person was 5 months ago
what does this mean?
How and when did you spoke to her "not in person"?
>>
>>16987453
i "spoke" via email yesterday.
>>
>>16987459
And always work-related?
In that time 8 months ago, how were the circumstances? Could you both argue in a good way, were the also fun/jokes or something more (not-work related)? Because in the best case, she already could "like" you for you character. Then ask her out definitely and don't fucking wait. If not, you don't really know and you should ask her out simply and kindly, in an easy way.
Be that cool and easy to talk to guy, not the crepper who is affected and angry because a woman doesn't have the same feelings for him as he has for her.
Good luck!
>>
File: bgrr8o0[1].jpg (173 KB, 1390x2085) Image search: [Google]
bgrr8o0[1].jpg
173 KB, 1390x2085
>>16987468
>And always work-related?
i don't speak to her via email either. just yesterday as it was her last day
when i did speak to her in the past, it would just be normal stuff. work, FORM. no fun/jokes really as i'm basically autistic, i don't know how to joke with people

i might put off an "awkward" vibe
>>
>>16985911
>w-would
>o-okay

Dude stop doing this shit please
>>
>>16986171
You are way overanalyzing this. Just stop.

Nothing she said "means" anything secretive. If you wanted, you could interpret it a thousand different ways but there's no point to that.

You know you want this girl. You have to make the move to try to turn your lame amount of contact into something more. Just ask her for coffee. If she says no just play it off and keep being friendly, but not overbearing. If she says ok dont sperg out just hang with her as a friend and let things happen the way they do.
>>
File: TR8Wf3U[1].jpg (289 KB, 1500x1949) Image search: [Google]
TR8Wf3U[1].jpg
289 KB, 1500x1949
>>16987608
thanks, i will
>>
>>16987512
it's from a meme, i should stop
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.